GDT: #2| Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Islanders| October 11th 7:00 PM | F/W 4-3

BroadwayJay*

Do you really know what you are talking about???

Let me give you a hint and look at our former beloved Andrew MacDonald.
Last season he had for the Isles

198 Blocked Shots which are included in Corsi
60 Missed Shots which are also included in Corsi
72 Shots only on goal
and only 4 goals

Please tell me where this is noise and how it can become zero?
Less than 22% of his shot attemps were on goal.
Seems to me over 78% of his own Corsi was dirty and amount to ...

... Nothing :)

All of that noise approaches to zero, you said LOLOLOL

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about at all.

This is a confusing post. Take it to the Corsi thread and we'll correct your misunderstandings

The Promised Land

Dec 30, 2013
Leaf fan here, just wanted to say that I'm happy that Kulie has made a good impression thus far. I've gone through the GDTs for both games and all the comments about him are pretty much what you can expect from him all year.

He'll hustle at both ends and is a tank. He is not typically able to generate his own offense easily but he has a wicked shot when he has an opportunity to use it. Honestly I still think his release was 2nd quickest only to Kessel when he was here.

I also think he's one of the most coachable players - to a fault sometimes. What I mean is when the coach is preaching a style of play (5 on 5 or PK or PP or whatever), he will follow it to a tee; even when it's obviously not working or a very specific on ice situation may call for a slight adjustment. He will never deviate from the gameplan (at least he didn't here) and beyond that he rarely, if ever, tries to make fancy dekes or high risk plays. His passing is underrated as well.

The take home is that you know what you're going to get from Kulie night in and night out. He's not a flashy player that you'll be buzzing about because he wows you, but you'll never have to question his work ethic.

I hope that he continues to make a strong impression and help your team. I know that I miss him on the Leafs and I'll be following him all season.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Strome was soft on the puck? What game were you watching?

Yes, he was. I was watching the game from the stands. Were you at the game?

Adults can disagree, and one of us is wrong. That's okay. "What game were you watching?" makes you sound like a particularly petulant five year old.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought the PK was dog poop again. I'm pretty sure Strait was out there again for another SH goal, so I can't wait for that experiment to be done with. His skill set doesn't work on the PK.

PP was on point again tonight, which was great to see.

Conacher, Tavares, Okposo was more of the same from game 1. Though I thought Tavares and Okposo both looked slightly better here in game two. Conacher was exactly the same to me. Defensively responsible, weak on the boards and in front of the net, and has the ability to get up in the play quickly.

Grabovski, Nelson, Strome was so good again. I thought each were very strong and Nelson continued to be the solid guy he was in game one in all facets of the game.

Bailey Nielsen Kulemin line had some good moments. Really took care of the puck most of the night, allowed the D to pinch in for a few plays, and they kept it pretty simple while being productive. Bailey was physical again and went to the dirty areas, which was nice. Nielsen made some nice passes, including the one to Bailey. Kulemin is just solid on the forecheck and defensively so far.

Martin Cizikas Clutterbuck was tremendous I thought. Didn't enjoy their usage after goals again, and I don't think I ever will (it's just too damn predictable), but they had some quality looks offensively, pinned the Canes in their own end and really played a smart physical game.

Johnson was solid outside of his poke check that left Strait very perplexed.

Thought that the team answered the physical play very well, and that includes Nelson and Strome who aren't softies. Hopefully the keep on trucking when they roll into the Garden on Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad