GDT: 2/8/15 "Jurassic Meow" - Predators VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
One person said MacK has stone hands. Which is true! Nobody said he's a bad player otherwise did they?

People need to realize we've been crap for ever we have the right to be "negative" about players / team

I don't know if some of you are new Panthers fans or what but this is the way it's been on this board for over 12 years and counting. 1 playoff appearance in that time kinda gets to you!

Example off another team. Capitals
Most people criticize Ovechkin for being awful defensively. Do they mean he's a bad player? NO!

MacK hasn't been here for 12+ years. It's not his fault we're dopes that follow a team that's been awful for most of it's existence. Nothing wrong with criticism, but harnessing the power of Panther-fan misery is a bit of misplaced emotional pain.

"Same ol' panthers..." is probably the most painful example of this. It's just not logical.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Only watched the 1st as I had to work this evening (some reason the rest of the game didn't tape, even though it said it was. Just about ready to junk my PVR :rant: ).

Saw the highlights:
- Tough allowing two PP goals in the 3rd to tie the game. Our PK is usually very good, but Nashville has a very dangerous PP.
- We had lots of other chances to score today, but just didn't seem to get any good bounces. Tough luck
- Not sure why we wouldn't use Barkov as one of our top 4 in the shootout. He has been so good lately!

I'll be present and full game ready on Tues.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
MacK hasn't been here for 12+ years. It's not his fault we're dopes that follow a team that's been awful for most of it's existence. Nothing wrong with criticism, but harnessing the power of Panther-fan misery is a bit of misplaced emotional pain.

"Same ol' panthers..." is probably the most painful example of this. It's just not logical.

:handclap:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
they played well against the best team in the league. yes rinne wasnt playing and they were on short rest, but still.

we were 2nd worst in the league last year, how many people were honestly expecting (not hoping but expecting) playoffs this season? thats a pretty big jump. we've also been a bottom-3 team in the league for 4 of the last 5 years. the fact we're 9th this far into the season is pretty awesome. i was predicting they'd just miss the playoffs, with a slight chance at grabbing a wild card spot. so they're performing as i hoped.

bjugstad although streaky has shown great things. barkov started slow but showing great things lately. huberdeau continued slow again but he's been better as of late. pirri's been scoring goals like he did last year. luongo has been superb for most of the season. ekblad has been a blessing. kulikov has meshed well with mitchell. gudbranson has looked a lot better. its just time to let go out the deadweight and start putting the finishing touches on the team. this is tallon's 5th season in progress (he inherited the gudbranson draft since he came in the offseason), we have our top-2 centers, a goaltender, and our cornerstone D, its time to put the finishing touches. flash, bergy, upshall, kopecky served well as spot gaps but its time to open those roster spots up for more serious additions.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Kopecky should be benched for that penalty. Completely unnecessary. Luongo hasn't been good in a while.

lou has not been stellar just before and since the all star break. imo, jones goal was a bad goal, and many goalies would've stopped that second goal as well. is lou tired, or is his age catching up with him? until we get goaltending in the caliber of the habs, caps. bruins, etc. we aren't going anywhere!

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
lou has not been stellar just before and since the all star break. imo, jones goal was a bad goal, and many goalies would've stopped that second goal as well. is lou tired, or is his age catching up with him? until we get goaltending in the caliber of the habs, caps. bruins, etc. we aren't going anywhere!

Yeah, I would agree. I realize the shootout is tough for goalies and Luongo isn't generally very good in them, but last night he was way off. You can't expect to win if you're giving up goals on 3/4 or even 2/3 shots. It seemed like Nashville knew exactly how to beat him as well. IIRC, every player except maybe Josi came in and slowed down and got him to bite on a couple fakes. Someone did their homework. Either way, the change of speed seems to really throw him off.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Again.. I never said anything bad about MacK in the whole thread :laugh: He does his job very well and has stone hands. I'll leave it at that

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

The Jones goal was a screen. Lu couldn't see it. So, the only goal he missed was Forsberg's third period game-tying goal. Nashville is the best team in the league and we went toe to toe with them and almost won. I all but guarantee everyone felt uncomfortable going into the third only up 2-0. And it's not unreasonable to think that even with Luongo. Two shots and the game is tied. We needed goal number three to kind of salt it away, but unfortunately we weren't good enough to get it and Hutton held down the fort. It goes back to the SAME problem we've been having for a long time. Not enough goals. We're 25th in goals with 127 and the next closest team in a playoff position is Boston and they have 139. Those 12 extra goals spread out go a long way. And that's Boston; the lowest scoring team currently sitting a playoff position. What about the rest? We don't stack up at all. We need more production, Gallant knows it; plain and simple.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Luo made some nice saves in the OT to even allow the team to make it to the shootout.

Is he as good as he was to start the year? No. However, most nights he does enough to keep us in the game/ only give up a couple of goals.

It's a team loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad