GDT: 2/8/15 "Jurassic Meow" - Predators VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We've been looking for a fitting goal song and I think I've found it.

Been sitting under our nose the whole time.

So Panthers..

8c58ccdb3af53bc749f814453ec3671d.gif

"Your Florida Panthers!"

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Just some quick perspective. We were all seriously dreading the February schedule. So far, against three very good teams, we took five of six points.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Just some quick perspective. We were all seriously dreading the February schedule. So far, against three very good teams, we took five of six points.

Would not call Kings a good team this year as they are struggling but i get your point..

But the hardest has just started.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I'm not too stressed out about this loss. Frankly, the Predators have a larger marigin of error and can win games where they don't dominate because they have more talent and better depth.

The margin of error for us is really small, you can see it with the two Kopecky sub-optimal plays in the 3rd: He iced the puck, which led to the penalty for the 1st PP and took the 2nd penalty, also missed the coverage on the Jones goal. Ultimately, the Predators took advantage of those small mistakes.

We don't have enough scoring/puck luck tonight to capitalize on the edge in 5 on 5 play. It will come with further development of our young players.

The reality is that we are likely going to finish on the cusp of the 8th seed. I know it feels like purgatory but its much better than last year. I was looking for us to be competitive most nights ,see growth from Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugstad, and see SA Rampage play well.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
We were? The Panthers always do this.

Were we not? I don't see your point. Everyone was talking about how tough February would be with us playing so many top teams in such a short span. Of course there's a long way to go but we're off to a good start here.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't get some of these comments here. Do some of you even remember anymore that this team has been horse$hit pretty much through all it's existence? First time EVER it looks like this team can have a future and is built right. It's not about one lost point or even making the playoffs this year but the overall direction that the team is heading.
/rant

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I don't get some of these comments here. Do some of you even remember anymore that this team has been horse$hit pretty much through all it's existence? First time EVER it looks like this team can have a future and is built right. It's not about one lost point or even making the playoffs this year but the overall direction that the team is heading.
/rant

:handclap::yo::handclap: g
good to see a reasonable post... this guy gets it

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was pretty ok with the performance... for the most part. 2 pp goals allowed, even strength was pretty good. team showed they can hang, and beat top teams (don't really consider a shootout a "loss" just as I don't consider it a "win" either). just gotta be disciplined

Now, I don't know if it's just me but Luongo still does not look right to me. he just looks slow and doesn't look "big" in net. Wouldn't surprise me if at season's end he needs to get some repairs honestly.

Overall, could have been worse (thanks Montreal... Ewww).

6 points behind, 2 in hand, 3 head to head. Math still adds up so I Still believe.

on to the next one!

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Now, I don't know if it's just me but Luongo still does not look right to me. he just looks slow and doesn't look "big" in net. Wouldn't surprise me if at season's end he needs to get some repairs honestly.

Not just you. Lu hasn't been himself since the the WPG game. He's bben good to average since then instead of stellar.

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City
Would have loved to see the boys pull it out, but they just got beat by a really good team today. The difference between a good team and a playoff team is the ability to pull these close ones out. Unfortunately I don't think they are quite there yet. All in all I am pleased with the compete level and progress of the young players. Hopefully we can make the move that puts us over the edge either at the deadline or offseason. I really think these guys are close to being perennial playoff contenders.

UtahPanther

Sep 4, 2014
Salt Lake City
We've been looking for a fitting goal song and I think I've found it.

Been sitting under our nose the whole time.

So Panthers..

That's a win for sure. Every time this comes on during the game it puts a smile on my face. I know that it's supposed to be an encouraging message, but the guy is so dumpy and the acting is so terrible I can't help but laugh at the guy. :laugh:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
/rant

We were in this position with Olli, Weiss, Horton and Bouw. I'll admit our prospect situation is a lot better and our AHL affiliate is at the top of the league and considered a contender. But, Tallon isnt done. We're still missing a lot and Dale will have to find some magic to turn us into a strong playoff team going into next season. Jacques failed miserably at getting us over the hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad