GDT: 2/5/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Nice to see you can judge Nacho in the <5minutes of ice time he got.

He is a hockey player actually. Could tell the nerves got the better part of him after he was in that fight on Long Island. Remember, we were down for most of that game as well.

Nacho is faster than people think, every bit as big and strong and actually can score. I just don't know where he slots honestly. Crombeen has been amazing and Hall and Thompson take faceoffs. I don't know that Nacho can fill in for Tyrell. You lose some speed, but gain some grit. If Nacho can simplify his game and simply chip, bang and get pucks to Pyatt/Pouliot, he can stick.

He wasn't good the last game in the icetime he did get. I like Labrie, but he needs to be better to be on the big club. The other thing, is I agree and don't see exactly where he fits in... 3rd line winger seems like a more natural position for Tyrell. And I agree... he needs to be dirty in the corners if he's up here.

I guess I'm just more fond of Tyrell, and thought he's been pretty good.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Hopefully Philly's ice is littered with pelicans tonight...Boucher will look like a genius if that happens.

As for reality, I don't think it's a bad idea putting Nacho back in the lineup. Nothing wrong with ensuring a team has enough grit to play Philly. It's also another chance to prove that he should be up with the big club.

I like the shifting of lines regarding Bugsy and Purcell. I think it will help all parties involved, and give the Flyers one more thing to prepare for tonight.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
4m54s is not enough to judge a player.

I think the team has enough grit with Crombeen and Aulie. Still amazed no one has fought Aulie yet. Thorburn will have to answer the bell next Jets game though.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Remember how one of our problems in the Rangers game was not enough people crashing the net? That might be why P.C. Labrie is playing, at his size he should be able to cause plenty of havoc around the crease. Not to mention he needs to play sometime. Scratching him every game isn't going to help him improve as a NHL player.

4m54s is not enough to judge a player.

I think the team has enough grit with Crombeen and Aulie. Still amazed no one has fought Aulie yet. Thorburn will have to answer the bell next Jets game though.

Yeah, I'm not surprised nobody has fought Aulie, I can't say I'd be too thrilled to drop the gloves with him. :laugh:

Judging from what Aulie had to say about Thorburn, we might see them go at the next Jets game. Although since Salo wound up being ok it might not be a big deal by then.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Now that Tampa's winning streak is over, will they relax and become more of an average team or will they bounce back and announce that they are a legit playoff team.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Now that Tampa's winning streak is over, will they relax and become more of an average team or will they bounce back and announce that they are a legit playoff team.

No. They'll fall off the cliff now. Just like when the Bruins lost 3 games against us and then won the cup in 11, they were just an average team, they werent a legit playoff team.

Same goes for LA, we all know they were lucky to make it in and win the cup, they were a fake playoff team.

Sorry but a stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

I guess it would take winning every game til the end of the regular season for people to think Tampa is for real. Jeez. :shakehead

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
St.louis has 52 points in 35 games against Philly, feelin a big night for Marty.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
No. They'll fall off the cliff now. Just like when the Bruins lost 3 games against us and then won the cup in 11, they were just an average team, they werent a legit playoff team.

Same goes for LA, we all know they were lucky to make it in and win the cup, they were a fake playoff team.

Sorry but a stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

I guess it would take winning every game til the end of the regular season for people to think Tampa is for real. Jeez. :shakehead

I think it's a legit question. They've looked pretty damn good, but it's been mostly home games, backup goalies and teams on the ass end of back to backs. Considering last years home vs. road record and the way they couldn't seem to get any intensity going, it's a reasonable concern.

That being said, I think this is a much better team than last year. The defense is more poised and calm (bless you Mr. Salo), the pp and pk are really sharp and agressive and I think everybody has something to prove.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm just waiting to see Stamkos and Marty put together a complete game. Still can't believe how productive they've been thus far. They're still half a beat off as far as I'm concerned and they're lighting it up still(probably because everyone else is half a beat off as well).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hopefully Philly's ice is littered with pelicans tonight...Boucher will look like a genius if that happens.

As for reality, I don't think it's a bad idea putting Nacho back in the lineup. Nothing wrong with ensuring a team has enough grit to play Philly. It's also another chance to prove that he should be up with the big club.

I like the shifting of lines regarding Bugsy and Purcell. I think it will help all parties involved, and give the Flyers one more thing to prepare for tonight.

I don't really know what this means.

How would you even get hold of a pelican?

Fun Fact: the 'PC' in PC Labrie stands for 'Pelican Catcher'.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm just waiting to see Stamkos and Marty put together a complete game. Still can't believe how productive they've been thus far. They're still half a beat off as far as I'm concerned and they're lighting it up still(probably because everyone else is half a beat off as well).

This, as far as impressiveness goes this season those 2 aren't even top-5 even with their ridiculous production (an testament to their talent level).

Lecavalier
Conacher
The entire 4th line
Hedman
Salo

Have impressed much more than St.louis/Stamkos thus far, both have looked lost at times, and both have been quite lackluster defensively to start, although Marty is picking it up again quite well recently, he's been playing the PK also hasn't he?

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
c4s_labrie020313_258307d.jpg

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article1273559.ece

Labrie accidently hooked a pelican last time he was fishing...evidently, if there is a standard way to catch one, Nacho knows.

It was a poor attempt at a joke...win some, lose some.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
c4s_labrie020313_258307d.jpg

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/article1273559.ece

Labrie accidently hooked a pelican last time he was fishing...evidently, if there is a standard way to catch one, Nacho knows.

It was a poor attempt at a joke...win some, lose some.

I'm just saying that the level of hardcore fandom to go into another team's barn and throw a pelican onto the ice for Nacho is astronomical.

A google search turned up for me that the Philly zoo has brown pelicans. I mean, I figure you could chloroform one of those.

I'd say you'd be the genius if we see a bunch of people now tossing pelicans onto the ice. Forget Boucher.

k, idea: pelican plushy with hockey helmet and PC Labrie hair. 3 weeks from now, everybody'll be like 'wtf is this'?

Last edited:

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
So Saturday was the first game I've gotten to see this season and they played like ass. Therefore they owe me one tonight.

And yes, I'm still around.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
I'm just saying that the level of hardcore fandom to go into another team's barn and throw a pelican onto the ice for Nacho is astronomical.

A google search turned up for me that the Philly zoo has brown pelicans. I mean, I figure you could chloroform one of those.

I'd say you'd be the genius if we see a bunch of people now tossing pelicans onto the ice. Forget Boucher.

Haha, great post! Pelicans > rats that the Panthers fan throw. A long way to go to get to the octopi (plural of octopus?) of Detroit though. FTR, I'd rather my "hardcore fandom" go to something like ridiculous references than something like thinking Jordan Staal is overrated after 8 games, etc...

It wouldn't be worth chloroforming the pelicans at the Philly zoo...living in Philadelphia is punishment enough.

As for pelicans catching on, I'd share the credit with you for posting the Boucher conference that brought this to my attention!

bov

Nov 13, 2010
He wasn't good the last game in the icetime he did get. I like Labrie, but he needs to be better to be on the big club. The other thing, is I agree and don't see exactly where he fits in... 3rd line winger seems like a more natural position for Tyrell. And I agree... he needs to be dirty in the corners if he's up here.

I guess I'm just more fond of Tyrell, and thought he's been pretty good.

Labrie had a bad shift during a game in which our whole team sucked. Big deal. His mistakes are just being magnified because of his limited ice time.The more he plays, the more he'll get comfortable with the NHL pace. Inserting Labrie into the lineup against a team like Philly on the road is a welcome move in my eyes.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Labrie had a bad shift during a game in which our whole team sucked. Big deal. His mistakes are just being magnified because of his limited ice time.The more he plays, the more he'll get comfortable with the NHL pace. Inserting Labrie into the lineup against a team like Philly on the road is a welcome move in my eyes.

Fair enough. Like I said I have nothing against him, just like the energy Tyrell brings. Anyway, hope he lights it up tonight and you all prove me wrong.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Fair enough. Like I said I have nothing against him, just like the energy Tyrell brings. Anyway, hope he lights it up tonight and you all prove me wrong.

I like Tyrell too and have nothing against him being in the lineup on a regular basis, and it won't be long at all before he's back in. He has definitely played well this season, after a big injury layoff no less.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Labrie can play that's why he's here they know he wouldn't have cleared waivers if sent down. He's a tough character guy that can play a little. Many NHL teams struggle to find tough guys that can play a bit. Check out the contract Brandon Prust got !!!!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Labrie can play that's why he's here they know he wouldn't have cleared waivers if sent down. He's a tough character guy that can play a little. Many NHL teams struggle to find tough guys that can play a bit. Check out the contract Brandon Prust got !!!!

Nacho would probably clear.

EE
Only #tblightning player not on the ice for warmups is Mikkelson, so Labrie, Tyrell and Bergeron all currently on the ice
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO/status/298944436627439616

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I dont think Nacho would have cleared. If a player such as Finley can get picked up by the Islanders, I do not see an energy forward like Labrie clearing. given ice time, whether fouth line or not, he will be just fine.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I dont think Nacho would have cleared. If a player such as Finley can get picked up by the Islanders, I do not see an energy forward like Labrie clearing. given ice time, whether fouth line or not, he will be just fine.

Well, maybe not the Islanders.

and Pierre McGuire tonight guise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: