Proposal: 2/3 C to Pittsburgh

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
How about we trade you Lehtera on the condition that you guys somehow make out a trade with Washington for Phoenix Copley. Armstrong either really loves that guy or really hates that guy but he always makes the trade needle move for St. Louis

But in all seriousness I'd say if we retain like 1.5-2m on Lehtera maybe a 3rd/4th round pick would come back?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Kings don't need anymore defense. Would be looking for a surefire young (under the age of 24) top 6 forward +. Center would be even better even if he's 2-3 years away.

It would be sweet to land a scorer like Carter, but personally I think we aren't really good trading partners to make such a deal and the Pens would be a better partner with the Avs and going after Duchene would make more sense IMO.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
How about we trade you Lehtera on the condition that you guys somehow make out a trade with Washington for Phoenix Copley. Armstrong either really loves that guy or really hates that guy but he always makes the trade needle move for St. Louis

But in all seriousness I'd say if we retain like 1.5-2m on Lehtera maybe a 3rd/4th round pick would come back?

Lehtera has a cap of 4.7, even if you retain a little I still think it's too much personally and at that point I'd rather give that money to Bonino who is well liked in the room and keep the guys together.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It would be sweet to land a scorer like Carter, but personally I think we aren't really good trading partners to make such a deal and the Pens would be a better partner with the Avs and going after Duchene would make more sense IMO.

If Maata is the trade piece you're offering then you're probably right. Would just like to see Carter on Crosby's right. See if they can put up 40 each. I know you're asking for a center though (Carter is excellent at both center and wing however).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
According your fantastic logic, Malkin should be considered a 2C as well right? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bozak would be a 3C here=it's trading Maatta for a 3C. It doesn't matter how good he is, because trading Maatta for a 3C is dumb. Bozak would be a 3rd line center here, so his value to the Penguins would be as a 3C. Why are the Penguins trading Maatta for that?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Bozak would be a 3C here=it's trading Maatta for a 3C. It doesn't matter how good he is, because trading Maatta for a 3C is dumb. Bozak would be a 3rd line center here, so his value to the Penguins would be as a 3C. Why are the Penguins trading Maatta for that?

Unless that 3C is Duchene.;)

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wouldn't trade for Duchene if he's not playing wing here.

We wont get him, other teams will field better offers but i'd trade for him and would not mind losing Maatta. Aslong as it's not like Maatta, Sprong, Guentzel, 1st. One of the best faceoff men in the league, super fast, amazing defensivly, would fit our team like a glove. Malkin gets hurt all the time, will fill in at 2C when that happens. Roll 3 1st lines, work on the D. Maybe we could get him at 50% off too. he could also fit on the wing every now and then with Malkin.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If Maata is the trade piece you're offering then you're probably right. Would just like to see Carter on Crosby's right. See if they can put up 40 each. I know you're asking for a center though (Carter is excellent at both center and wing however).

He would be the guy JR would probably offer up to get another scorer. Those were the rumors anyways back at the deadline. But who really knows

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How about: Riley Sheahan and Justin Abdelkader for future considerations (like a nice mention during an interview or something).

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
free agent and pens wont pay the 5 million hes going to ask for

Only way he gets 5 million is if he is playing in the KHL . Good luck getting paid on time or collecting all his money . 5 million in the KHL = 1/3 to 1/2 of the contract They seem to only pay their stars

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
strome just broke his wrist don't know if you'd want him.
nelson can play center though. you can have him for a second

I highly doubt NYI would trade Nelson to PIT for a 2nd. Hell, I'd be surprise if they'd trade him to us for a 1st. But I would be all over that in either case.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What kind of salary can you afford to add to your cap? I have to think Johnson could end up outside that range.

Tell me about Schultz since he's joined the Pens.

Depends really. If we wanted to, we could fit in someone making 5-6m. Things will be tight this summer, but not that tight.

Schultz since Dec 1st when we started playing him more than 16 minutes a night has simply been amazing. I hope we can extend him long term for around 5m.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Except that there is absolutely nothing the Pens have to offer COL that makes any sense for them.

Neither Pouliot nor Maatta will get you Duchene. Pittsburgh are one of the worst trade partners for the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad