Proposal: 2/3 C to Pittsburgh

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What kind of salary can you afford to add to your cap? I have to think Johnson could end up outside that range.

Tell me about Schultz since he's joined the Pens.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
What kind of salary can you afford to add to your cap? I have to think Johnson could end up outside that range.

Tell me about Schultz since he's joined the Pens.

We don't know our cap situation yet due to ED, Fleury and signing our RFA's.

We should be pretty good cap wise. That might mean Hagelin gets traded if we are targeting a bigger contract.

Schultz is having a breakout year. Was sheltered a bit early on and put up points. Been given more and more responsibility due to injuries and continues to play well. He won't be going anywhere though. Has to play big minutes some games and is good defensively. His best asset is obviously his offensive skills though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I'd rather talk to the blues about taking Sabokta off their hands if that was ever on the table. Otherwise, try to re-sign Bonino or see what other trade avenues are out there.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Bonino is our guy.

And no way he asks for 5 million, he will be at 3.75 or 4 max IMO

Yeah no way in hell he approaches $5 mil. About a week ago I pegged it at 3 yrs/$10 mil. He's been hot lately so that probably looks a little low, but I'm sticking with it. He's a non-factor offensively for the majority of the year.

If he wants more along the lines of what you're predicting I'd say they still give it to him though. There really aren't very many other options in free agency. Like almost none.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Pretty sure St Louis will give you Lehtera for free.

giphy.gif

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm not sure Johnson belongs on that list. Seems overkill for a 3C and fairly likely he's going to ask for (and get) a lot more dollars that what you you'd be paying Bonino.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Bozak wouldn't be a bad option if we would let Bonino walk (which I'd be surprised to be honest)

However Bozak will not be returning that kind of package.

Well it depends. No one on the Pens board can seem to tell me what they think Maatta is worth. Someone will say they want to replace him with a free agent, then in the same breath they include him as the centerpiece of a deal for a really good player, so when people decide what Maatta is actually worth we'll have a better idea.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
You can have Lehtera.

Bergie would be great for Pitt but he would cost more than you'd want to pay.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
Bozak wouldn't be a bad option if we would let Bonino walk (which I'd be surprised to be honest)

However Bozak will not be returning that kind of package.

What would need to be added to that deal to make it work? What are Pittsburghs other needs?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Maatta+young forward.

Kings don't need anymore defense. Would be looking for a surefire young (under the age of 24) top 6 forward +. Center would be even better even if he's 2-3 years away.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad