GDT: 2/3 7:14 PM - Game 50 - Centre of Hockey Universe comes to Boston - NESN, CBC, NHL (US), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I don`t hate the Leafs (outside of Kadri), but living where I do, watching Sportsnet/TSN it`s pretty clear their focus is over the top on the Leafs and it gets tiresome. This Leafs team is one of two teams that worry me the most in the East (Caps being the other). I recently have not seen the B`s have anywhere close to the foot speed up and down the lineup to be able to skate with them and this might not be a popular opinion here but the Leafs have, much like the B`s, some really nice, young talent. What they did in the playoffs last year was incredible considering all the kiddies skating around for them and if that lineup was wearing a spoked B, this fan base would be super excited too. Big test tonight and for as well as the B`s have played for quite some time now, this Leafs team worries me

Yup. Toronto also has a gm who knows what he is doing. The Toronto we face now will be enhanced come playoff time. Still think we are better suited going for the Atlantic title. Toronto is a team that will give us fits, and losing a series to them will be unbearable.
3 vs Tampa will say alot.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Biggest concern I have against these guys is our 3rd line and their lack of foot speed, I hope I am wrong on this. Secondly at some point we need to solve FA in nets, if not we will continue to struggle against them.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Hey Bruins fans.

Huge Leafs fan and proud Torontonian. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words some of you have said about your experiences with our city/fans. No reason why we can't be rivals and still be civil with each other. On the flip side, I visited Boston a couple times in the early 90's and it still remains one of my favourite US cities. I married an American (who's a DAR) and she's never been. So one day, we'll be visiting again.

On a side note, as much as you guys enjoy it and as much as it sucked at the time, a lot of us fans are now glad we lost in '13. The thinking being that everything we went through the last 10 or so years is what led Shanny to be able to convince the BoG to allow for a full, proper, rebuild.

Anyway, enjoy the game. I'm not sure there's really any messages to be sent. Both teams are hurting and there is still a long way to go before the playoffs.
FWIW, I'd prefer to open on the road so I don't even care if we catch y'all.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I don`t hate the Leafs (outside of Kadri), but living where I do, watching Sportsnet/TSN it`s pretty clear their focus is over the top on the Leafs and it gets tiresome. This Leafs team is one of two teams that worry me the most in the East (Caps being the other). I recently have not seen the B`s have anywhere close to the foot speed up and down the lineup to be able to skate with them and this might not be a popular opinion here but the Leafs have, much like the B`s, some really nice, young talent. What they did in the playoffs last year was incredible considering all the kiddies skating around for them and if that lineup was wearing a spoked B, this fan base would be super excited too. Big test tonight and for as well as the B`s have played for quite some time now, this Leafs team worries me

This is what I can't stand as well. I loathe Kadri, he is such a punk. The media is sickening when it comes to the Leafs but I understand they have to be.....they have been so bad over the years and finally have hope. Canadian teams have been a huge disappointment as well so the media focuses on the Leafs. The fans are pretty good overall...some are obnoxious but that comes with every fan base.

I would be interested to see a healthy Bruins team vs a healthy Leafs team, unfortunately tonight we still will not see that...not to mention the suspension.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Older Leafs fans are my favourite out of any fanbase to talk hockey with. The younger part of that fanbase though, absolutely friggin brutal.

Very important for the Bruins to play well and start getting some wins against this team again before the playoffs. I’m expecting this to be our first round opponent.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
This is what I can't stand as well. I loathe Kadri, he is such a punk. The media is sickening when it comes to the Leafs but I understand they have to be.....they have been so bad over the years and finally have hope. Canadian teams have been a huge disappointment as well so the media focuses on the Leafs. The fans are pretty good overall...some are obnoxious but that comes with every fan base.

I would be interested to see a healthy Bruins team vs a healthy Leafs team, unfortunately tonight we still will not see that...not to mention the suspension.
A few things to keep in mind are, the Leafs are the most popular team in the country and those who aren't fans, hate them. Hate watch is as improtant as fandom. Also, obstructions not withstanding, about a quarter of the Canadian population can see the CN Tower from their front door. So the TO market is hugely important. Gotta pander to the people.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Don't mention that around here... You'll have some posters pining to give up our first for this guy cuz "toughness". ;) :laugh:
No offense but we don't want your stinkin' 1st rounder. We want Montreal's because Marting has all the qualities Bergevin values. Toughness, grit, heart, leadership, etc.
Perfect fit.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Toronto is expensive but the US Dollar being stronger takes some of the sting out. 1 US Dollar equals 1.24 Canadian Dollar

Toronto really is ground zero when it comes to hockey and the Leafs have been awful the past half century.

This happens ALL the time during lunch hour there

and 20 years ago there was a famous commercial in Canada

That is a fanbase that has truly suffered.

Toronto winning the Cup I could live with because if that happens, the Island of Montreal raises anchor and sails up the St Lawrence River and out to sea never to be heard from again.

I can get behind that. But much prefer that our boys take care of business and knock them out.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Older Leafs fans are my favourite out of any fanbase to talk hockey with. The younger part of that fanbase though, absolutely friggin brutal.

Very important for the Bruins to play well and start getting some wins against this team again before the playoffs. I’m expecting this to be our first round opponent.
The younger Torontonians have a very different attitude than the older ones. And that doesn't just apply to the Leafs. I always tell people, here's the difference.

Older generations
S: Toronto is the greatest city in the world.
A: No it isn't.
S; You're right, sorry.

Younger generations
S: F-U it is so.

Reactions: Fenway

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The younger Torontonians have a very different attitude than the older ones. And that doesn't just apply to the Leafs. I always tell people, here's the difference.

Older generations
S; You're right, sorry.

Younger generations
S: F-U it is so.

Older fans just seem to have a better grasp on how to be excited about a team without being obnoxious and arrogant. I find the city itself and the people great.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
12369013_10207484827491548_3444341550257011702_n.jpg

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's great to see our teams stocked with talented youth and becoming rising powers in the East at the same time. You guys experienced it already en route to the Cup several years ago but this is a first for Leaf fans that aren't collecting their pensions.

Looking forward to what should be a great matchup tonight.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This mural is at the subway station near the old Maple Leafs Gardens.

college-IMG_3433.JPG

Can you inagine the T doing this at North Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad