GDT: 2/3 7:14 PM - Game 50 - Centre of Hockey Universe comes to Boston - NESN, CBC, NHL (US), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching more than one period of hockey without falling asleep. I made need an extra long nap to make this happen.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My daughter flew in from Calif for that game. She bought a random seat in section 19...Turned out to be right near Jaci and Tracey (from here).

We listened to that call "Bergeron..Bergeron " all the way home to NH...It never got old
I became a fan of the Bruins during the Penguins series, but I remember watching this game and laughing because "the same guy" tied it up and then won it in OT.

Of course "that guy" went on to become my favorite player. :)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Gotta beat these bums,hate the Leafs!

I can't really hate the Leafs.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Leafs because my father-in-law, brother-in-law and some good friends are big Leafs fans, so I've got to be careful.:laugh:

....plus I have to save most of my hate for the habs and Pissburgh.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Of course the Leafs are once again playing is without our best players.

Figures.

We're the better team but without Marchand and MacAvoy it's closer.

I hate those guys

Both teams hurting. Obviously Marchand is the biggest loss of the group but Toronto is missing Rielly (who has been a top 20 D this year) and Hainsey (aka the top pairing).

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I can't really hate the Leafs.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Leafs because my father-in-law, brother-in-law and some good friends are big Leafs fans, so I've got to be careful.:laugh:

....plus I have to save most of my hate for the habs and Pissburgh.

Same here. Although the younger generation are disrespectful pitas the older guys I get along great with. I liken them to pre 2004 Red Sox fans so I feel for them.
Besides if the Bruins cant win it all Id have no problem with the Leafs winning one.
It would be worth it just to see the reaction in Montreal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Both teams hurting. Obviously Marchand is the biggest loss of the group but Toronto is missing Rielly (who has been a top 20 D this year) and Hainsey (aka the top pairing).

They said yesterday Reilly and Polak good to go from what I read.Also said Hainsey should be able to go to.I will try take another look case changed over nite

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Same here. Although the younger generation are disrespectful pitas the older guys I get along great with. I liken them to pre 2004 Red Sox fans so I feel for them.
Besides if the Bruins cant win it all Id have no problem with the Leafs winning one.
It would be worth it just to see the reaction in Montreal.

Same here.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I feel like Leafs don't even deserve our hate, they need to earn that privilege.
I have no hate for the Leafs or their fans.

In all the years being a STH and meeting fans of the other teams at the Garden the Leaf fans have been the best.

My daughter and I went to a game in Toronto in Dec of 2014. This was just a few months after the miracle comeback in game 7. The fans there teased us but knew their hockey and were very friendly. Nice city.

I don't blame them for being excited that the Leafs are playing better.

THAT being said I hope the B's have a big win tonight !

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I think most of my hate for the Leafs comes from anything to do with the main board. Oh and JVR.

That being said they are far from my most hated team, but I'm glad there is a nice rivalry brewing between these teams. Took almost 100 years...

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Big game... likely playoff preview.

Living in Leaf Nation these games are always big deal to me (getting to rub in Bruins wins over leafs to family/friends/co workers lol)... but this time legit big game for both teams..
a test.

It's message sending time boys!!

Reactions: frickinbobby

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I will always remember the 2011 playoffs. The Leaf fans were supporting the B's against the Nucks.

For anyone looking to go to an away game Toronto is expensive but it is a beautiful city and there is the Hockey Hall of Fame (a MUST see).

Reactions: HumBucker and BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will always remember the 2011 playoffs. The Leaf fans were supporting the B's against the Nucks.

For anyone looking to go to an away game Toronto is expensive but it is a beautiful city and there is the Hockey Hall of Fame (a MUST see).

Toronto is expensive but the US Dollar being stronger takes some of the sting out. 1 US Dollar equals 1.24 Canadian Dollar

Toronto really is ground zero when it comes to hockey and the Leafs have been awful the past half century.

This happens ALL the time during lunch hour there

and 20 years ago there was a famous commercial in Canada

That is a fanbase that has truly suffered.

Toronto winning the Cup I could live with because if that happens, the Island of Montreal raises anchor and sails up the St Lawrence River and out to sea never to be heard from again.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-2-3_7-26-35.png

Tonight's Officials

dm36.jpg
jh15.jpg

Referees Dean Morton (36), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen James Tobias (61), Mark Shewchyk (92)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Maple Leafs tonight for the 3rd of 4 games between these teams this season & the 2nd of 2 of the season at TD Garden … The Bruins are 30-11-8 this season and are 17-6-4 on home ice thus far … They are 10-1-2 against Atlantic Division foes and 19-4-6 against the Eastern Conference.

The Bruins conclude a 3-game home stand tonight & next face a 2-game road trip to Detroit on 2/6 & NY Rangers on 2/7.

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 669th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 295-263-98-12 record and Toronto holding a 1,987-1,970 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 183-99-47-5 in 334 games played between the teams in Boston with a 1,090-889 scoring advantage.

The Bruins have lost their last 6 games vs. the Maple Leafs at 0-5-1, including a 3-2 OT road loss on 11/10 and 4-1 home setback on 11/11 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their last win over Toronto a 3-1 road victory on Mar. 26, 2016 … They are winless in their last 4 on home ice at 0-3-1 following a 13-2-3 home stretch with their last home win of this lifetime series a 3-2 victory on Jan. 16, 2016.

Toronto is the lone Atlantic Division team with a regulation win vs. the Bruins this season.

WAYBACK MACHINE
19350-wabac_machine_teaser.jpg

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Zdeno Chara is playing his 1,400th NHL game tonight
Ryan Spooner is 2 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist

INJURIES/SUSPENSION (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 167)

Charlie McAvoy underwent a successful procedure on 1/22 at the MGH to treat an abnormal heart rhythm. Following the Bruins game on 11/26, he told team physicians that he experienced heart palpitations during the game. Subsequently he underwent an evaluation, which diagnosed him with a supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). The type of SVT he has is not considered to be dangerous to his health but can recur at any time and causes significant symptoms. After consultation with team physicians, as well as experts in this type of heart condition, he decided to have the condition treated with a procedure called an ablation. The decision to have the procedure done at this time is due to a high probability of recurrence. During the period from the initial occurrence through 1/20, he was cleared to play by the medical team and was monitored closely. Has missed 4 games.

Noel Acciari – Lower body, has missed 3 games

Anders Bjork – Upper body, has missed 1 game

Brad Marchand – Will serve game 4 tonight of a 5-game NHL-imposed suspension for an incident 1/23 vs NJ

:bruins:leafs

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I feel like Leafs don't even deserve our hate, they need to earn that privilege.
I don`t hate the Leafs (outside of Kadri), but living where I do, watching Sportsnet/TSN it`s pretty clear their focus is over the top on the Leafs and it gets tiresome. This Leafs team is one of two teams that worry me the most in the East (Caps being the other). I recently have not seen the B`s have anywhere close to the foot speed up and down the lineup to be able to skate with them and this might not be a popular opinion here but the Leafs have, much like the B`s, some really nice, young talent. What they did in the playoffs last year was incredible considering all the kiddies skating around for them and if that lineup was wearing a spoked B, this fan base would be super excited too. Big test tonight and for as well as the B`s have played for quite some time now, this Leafs team worries me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad