GDT: 2/3 7:14 PM - Game 50 - Centre of Hockey Universe comes to Boston - NESN, CBC, NHL (US), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:bruins:leafs
BEAT TORONTO

upload_2018-2-2_9-57-10.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I bet there will be many Leaf fans at the Garden tomorrow. There were a bunch for game # 7 in 2013 when the B's were down 4-1 and then well you all know what happened :D

There were 6 Toronto fans sitting next to us. They were very nice (as Leaf fans usually are) They asked us if we wanted to get out of the row and leave when the B's were down 4-1...We said "No" we would stay to the bitter end and we were telling them Congrats and best of luck in the next round...

...Looch was yelling on the ice "We can win this"...We thought I don't think so...But oh what fun it was. :thumbu:. It was for sure one of the best games I have been at (and I have been to many).

Bergeron !!! Bergeron !!!

I hope the b's can pull off a win tomorrow.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I bet there will be many Leaf fans at the Garden tomorrow. There were a bunch for game # 7 in 2013 when the B's were down 4-1 and then well you all know what happened :D

There were 6 Toronto fans sitting next to us. They were very nice (as Leaf fans usually are) They asked us if we wanted to get out of the row and leave when the B's were down 4-1...We said "No" we would stay to the bitter end and we were telling them Congrats and best of luck in the next round...

...Looch was yelling on the ice "We can win this"...We thought I don't think so...But oh what fun it was. :thumbu:. It was for sure one of the best games I have been at (and I have been to many).

I left early for that game (watching on TV) to head to the Cape. My stepfather told me I needed more faith. As each goal was scored, my stepfather called me on the phone and wryly said, "They just got another one.... Talk to you soon...."

Here he is on Cup-winning night at the Porter Square Tavern:
cup_win_joe_only.gif

Joe loved him some Milan Lucic.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

It's been over 2 years since the Bruins last beat Toronto in Boston. A message needs to be sent given the likely meeting in the first round in April.

The pressure will be all on Toronto in that first round matchup. The Bruins are now the most hated Leafs opponent.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I left early for that game (watching on TV) to head to the Cape. My stepfather told me I needed more faith. As each goal was scored, my stepfather called me on the phone and wryly said, "They just got another one.... Talk to you soon...."

Here he is on Cup-winning night at the Porter Square Tavern:
View attachment 95391

Joe loved him some Milan Lucic.
Ladyfan still loves Milan Lucic. :(

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Is McAvoy going to play?

I keep seeing not ruled out for Saturday in the news.

With him and Marchand out this team is not the crazy juggernaut that got points in every game for a month and a half.

Just win, and hopfully crush them.

Reactions: veganbruin

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Is McAvoy going to play?

I keep seeing not ruled out for Saturday in the news.

With him and Marchand out this team is not the crazy juggernaut that got points in every game for a month and a half.

Just win, and hopfully crush them.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

A win for the ages.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Statement game. Wish we had a full line up but if we play the way we played against the Blues with the current lineup, the Leafs will be toast. That being said, we have played terrible everytime we have played the leafs the past couple of years.

Also, please please, someone key in on JVR. He's not their best player but he always smokes the Bruins and I can't look at his face anymore.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The make me laughs are all offence. Bruins have never beaten Anderson.Need to get pucks deep and crash net steady.Turn game ugly.They do not play that style well.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My daughter flew in from Calif for that game. She bought a random seat in section 19...Turned out to be right near Jaci and Tracey (from here).

We listened to that call "Bergeron..Bergeron " all the way home to NH...It never got old

And still doesn't! I have that picture of Marchand, Bergeron and Seguin hanging proudly in my office!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I can't imagine what it was like being there. I was at home and moping that I was going to have to go to the office and face the Leafs fans. The comeback was so incredible and I will never forget the adrenaline rush. Winning the Cup was great but for excitement, this game will be hard to beat.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins better win, I can't take losing to them for 2 straight years, they better not become what the Habs were just a little while ago.

Either your first or your last, Ricky Bobby!!!

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Of course the Leafs are once again playing is without our best players.

Figures.

We're the better team but without Marchand and MacAvoy it's closer.

I hate those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad