GDT: 2/29/20 - 4:00PM EDT - Calgary vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He has missed like 6-8 grade A scoring chances throughout the year as well. Puck wither rolled on him or he just missed etc... Seems like things are going his way again.

Yeah, there was about a 20 game stretch where he seemed lost inside his own head, 0 confidence, etc. But I mean, the guy has either played with rookies or with Maroon-Paquette for 90% of the season, and creativity has never been his thing. He's a guy who complements scorers; not a guy who creates chances for non-scorers.

I always thought the 64 point season was a mirage. But I think Gourde is a lot closer, in reality, to the guy who scored 45 points last year. I worry about him in the playoffs though, but that's because he gets pushed around when the refs put their whistles away.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Are you saying you forgot about someone?
NskdKK8.png

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i still would have preferred to keep JT Miller over gourde but gourde is heating up getting points finally

I would honestly have preferred to trade both and then used some of the assets at the TDL. I thought Miller had to be moved, and Gourde probably should have been moved too.

But whatever. He's not a bad player, and he'll probably bounce back to 40+ points next year if he gets more time in good situations. Playoffs are a concern though. But that's even more true for Miller.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would honestly have preferred to trade both and then used some of the assets at the TDL. I thought Miller had to be moved, and Gourde probably should have been moved too.

But whatever. He's not a bad player, and he'll probably bounce back to 40+ points next year if he gets more time in good situations. Playoffs are a concern though. But that's even more true for Miller.

ya but I would have traded gourde first ! Due to Miller has a limited Ntc in his contract so we always had the flexibility to move miller easy later on

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We've held them to 12-14 shots and something like 5 scoring chances. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad