GDT: 2/27: Game 61: Welcome Home: Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes 7pm ET NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hopefully Bergeron is in there, and this is just a maintenance day. While I would like a call-up in there over Gionta, if Bergeron can't go, they're going to need to get him in there for some looks.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
That didn't take long for Gionta to be playing on the 3rd line. Glad we picked up depth but I really don't want Nash on the 1st line. Hopefully Bergeron is fine.

Edit: Bergeron apparently isn't fine.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Scruffy and Mpasta

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
"Gionta isn't going to see any ice time. He's a locker room presence/veteran leader and that's it unless a bunch of injuries happen" God were we wrong.

I'm not mad... yet, but this feels like a Clode move. I'm guessing they're calling somebody up or...?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I keep looking up fractured foot for NHL players, and it says the same 4-6 weeks.

Not good Dr. Recchi, not good at all!
If this holds true for Bergeron, he's looking at somewhere between the last week of March and the beginning of the playoffs for a return.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Wish Rooney got moved at the deadline... to a different planet.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
"Gionta isn't going to see any ice time. He's a locker room presence/veteran leader and that's it unless a bunch of injuries happen" God were we wrong.

I'm not mad... yet, but this feels like a Clode move. I'm guessing they're calling somebody up or...?

Maybe later on, but tonight it sounds like they're going with the lineup with Nash as #1 center. Did the Bruins get Wingels because of this? Depth, but also because they knew Bergeron was going to be out for a bit. Not saying Wingels in as #3L center, but does every slot up and he takes over Kuraly's 4th line center spot?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The worst possible time (other than the playoffs obviously) to be hurt. Also the end of his MVP chances most likely. The rest of these guys need to step up in a big way

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The worst possible time (other than the playoffs obviously) to be hurt. Also the end of his MVP chances most likely. The rest of these guys need to step up in a big way

I wouldn't say worst possible time....the B's are in a great position (20 points up on Florida and still having 5 games in hand over Toronto) and he can rest up. Even at 6 weeks, he would be ready for the playoffs.

Reactions: HumBucker

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I wouldn't say worst possible time....the B's are in a great position (20 points up on Florida and still having 5 games in hand over Toronto) and he can rest up. Even at 6 weeks, he would be ready for the playoffs.

It’s just that we’ve got a ton of games from now until the end of the year. Hopefully in two weeks he’s looking better and the time he misses is minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad