GDT: 2/27: Game 61: Welcome Home: Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes 7pm ET NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
upload_2018-2-26_10-33-0-png.100651

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jordan Staal and his wife on the loss of their daughter Hannah.

Go Bruins!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
5-1 Bruins.

They'll be happy to get back to the Garden.

Nash gets 1, Pastrnak snipes 2. (Rick Nash that is)

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Tragic what happened to Staal’s daughter.

Big Bruins win tonight :D.

Edit: tomorrow night!

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
This is off topic but why the hell would NBCSN show Montreal/Philly over TB/Tor tonight?

My guess is that it actually was predetermined months and months ago. I don't think there's a whole lot of wiggle room after the TV schedule is announced. There's probably a limit on the number of times a team is shown on NBC, and probably an understood minimum that each US team probably gets at least 1 shot on national TV, if not 2.

Also, unlike the NFL, which does have constant flex scheduling in the latter half of the season for NBC's SNF (if I remember correctly), when NBC comes in and takes over a broadcast for hockey, either one of two things would have to happen:

1) They kick not one, but two RSNs out of the broadcasting booth for an exclusive...if it's a USA/USA game. If you think Jack Edwards gets pissed off about not getting all the BOS/MTL games to cover, can you imagine how he'd feel about giving up some of the biggest potential games of the season?

2) NBC gets a non-exclusive game, which means they'd be blacked out locally (one market if it's USA/CAN, two markets if it's USA/USA), and the RSNs would broadcast alongside NBC.

Plus, it's not always in the NHL's best interest to show you the most interesting games for free. Center Ice, anyone?

Yes, I agree that MTL/PHI would be a snoozer, and TBL/TOR is exciting due to playoff considerations...but did they know that 8 months ago?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
That all makes sense but they should fix it. I've tried Center Ice et all and I've always had blackout issues, never mind that you only get one HD game. This is 2018, they should be more nimble than needing 8 months advanced notice. The less ethical can stream any game in at least 720p and cast to their TV. Its not a winning business model

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
They may be mentally fatigued from trying to keep up that points streak. Now that it's over, I am expecting to see some lapses in focus. I am fully prepared for some more losses down the stretch, and don't really care provided we don't disadvantage ourselves going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Strafer

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
That all makes sense but they should fix it. I've tried Center Ice et all and I've always had blackout issues, never mind that you only get one HD game. This is 2018, they should be more nimble than needing 8 months advanced notice. The less ethical can stream any game in at least 720p and cast to their TV. Its not a winning business model

I don't know if you have Comcast, but you can now get any game you want in HD.

I owe Fenway a huge debt of gratitude for informing the board of this at the start of the season.

If you have Comcast, press and hold the microphone button on your remote. When the word 'Listening' appears on your screen, say 'NHL Center Ice Beta' then release the button.

All NHL conferences will appear with each team's logo. Lead your cursor to the team's feed you wish to watch, click 'OK,' wait about 5 - 10 seconds, and voila - HD of whatever game you want!

It has truly been a godsend this year.

And yes, thoughts and prayers to the Staal family. I can't even imagine what the entire family is going through right now.

Reactions: Strafer and Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My condolences to the Staal family, that is tragic. Hockey is great entertainment but we all know what is most important.

I hope we see the Bruins looking fresh, relieved, happy and ready to get back to their winning ways. Have some fun again boys!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The GM just went out and acquired players to improve your team, a reward some would say for good play and indicating he believes this team has a chance to push for the cup. Hoping we don`t see the same kind of absolutely putrid effort and lack of focus tonight that they showed vs the Sabres. I`ll be disturbed if they don`t come out livid and play a focused 60 tonight

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

th14.jpg
cr05.jpg

Referees Trevor Hanson (14), Chris Rooney (5)
Linesmen Darren Gibbs (66), Ryan Daisy (81)

Ntl. Anthem Sgt. James W. Connor, Massachusetts State Police

upload_2018-2-27_7-21-33.png

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Hurricanes tonight for the 2nd of 3 games between these teams this season & the 2nd of 2 at TD Garden … The Bruins are 37-15-8 this season and are 19-7-4 on home ice thus far … They are 11-3-4 against Metropolitan Division foes and 24-7-6 against the Eastern Conference.

They are playing game 3 tonight of their 11th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season, as they played in Toronto on 2/24 & in Buffalo on 2/25 … They have gone 4-5-2 in game 1s, 7-2-2 in game 2s and 8-1-1 in game 3s of those series this season.

The Bruins are opening tonight 6-game home stand, their longest of the season … They will face Pittsburgh (3/1), Montreal (3/3), Detroit (3/6), Philadelphia (3/8) & Chicago (3/10) on the remainder of this stint.

WAYBACK MACHINE
Waybackmachine3.png

BOSTON vs CAROLINA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Hurricanes are meeting for the 199th time in their histories (includes Carolina as Hartford Whalers) with the Bruins having a 105-70-16-7 record and 671-571 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins are 58-32-7-3 in 100 games played between the teams in Boston with a 342-257 scoring edge.

The Bruins have taken points out of their last 13 games vs. the Hurricanes at 8-0-5, including a 7-1 win in Boston on 1/6 in the 1st game of this season’s series, with their last regulation loss to Carolina a 4-2 road setback on Apr. 13, 2013 … They are 6-0-2 in their last 8 vs. Carolina in Boston and they are 11-3-2 in their last 16 home games vs. the Hurricanes.

Fun Fact: The Bruins are 35-29-3-7 vs. Carolina since they relocated from Hartford at the start of the 1997-98 season … Patrice Bergeron tied a club record with 4 goals in the 1st game of this season’s series (4-1=5 totals).

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Brian Gionta's next assist will be the 300th of his NHL career
David Pastrnak is 3 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist

INJURIES (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 198)

Anders Bjork – 2/21 shoulder surgery, has missed 11 games (IR)

:bruins:canes

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Xfinity offers the Center Ice games in HD IF you have a X1 box

NBCSN did the Philly/Montreal game because of cost - video came from NBC Philadelphia and all they needed was to provide audio.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad