GDT: 2/27/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Matt's Last post was in March.
SRQ joined in September

SRQKiter in Binary is 01010011 01010010 01010001 01001011 01101001 01110100 01100101 01110010
Matt Watson is 01001101 01100001 01110100 01110100 00100000 01010111 01100001 01110100 01110011 01101111 01101110

There are 30 "1" in The binary for SRQKiter
There are 44 "1" in The binary for Matt Watson

That is a difference of 14
1+4=5
and there is 5 months between the end of March and the beginning of September.
(April/ May/June/July/August)

Case closed.

SRQ's been around for long enough that if he were indeed Matt Watson, the smugness would have come out and reached an intolerable level by now. Months ago, really. No smugness detected here.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
SRQ's been around for long enough that if he were indeed Matt Watson, the smugness would have come out and reached an intolerable level by now. Months ago, really. No smugness detected here.
I don't know what all this is about, and from the sound of it, I guess I should be glad of that but enough already.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We have been running picks all season (edit: year -> season)
I mean, yes, and it's definitely become a facet of 3v3 play for everybody, but last night's instance was maybe a bit more overt. I'll happily take the W, though.

I guess I'll put it like this: Everybody has their own perfect, purist's version of the game in their head, and mine doesn't include stuff like that. Kuch spoke the other day about admiring the way McD doesn't "cheat the game," and to me that felt a bit like cheating the game, which is a subtly different thing than cheating.

Kuch didn't do anything illegal, and nothing should have been called, just so we're clear.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I love that kind of play (one where we score the game winning goal). Didn't really see any issue whatsoever with the play. Kuch dropped the puck and contact was made between Vladdy and Kuch prior to Heddy touching the puck. Wasn't even close to an illegal/shady play. Not Kuch's fault that Vladdy wasn't quick enough to recognize the play and avoid Kuch. That's my two cents on it anyway.
Fair enough. For what it's worth, I'm plenty happy with the OT win and don't feel like Kuch should have been penalized.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I mean, yes, and it's definitely become a facet of 3v3 play for everybody, but last night's instance was maybe a bit more overt. I'll happily take the W, though.

I guess I'll put it like this: Everybody has their own perfect, purist's version of the game in their head, and mine doesn't include stuff like that. Kuch spoke the other day about admiring the way McD doesn't "cheat the game," and to me that felt a bit like cheating the game, which is a subtly different thing than cheating.

Kuch didn't do anything illegal, and nothing should have been called, just so we're clear.

I don't think there was any "cheating" involved, illegal or otherwise. It was a brilliant move by Kucherov.

He skated towards Namestnikov, who would have quite properly checked him if he'd continued. But Kuch passed the puck backwards at the last minute, putting himself between Hedman and Namestnikov, who couldn't do anything but run into him. That's not interference, or cheating, or anything but a brilliant positional play by Kucherov.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I don't think there was any "cheating" involved, illegal or otherwise. It was a brilliant move by Kucherov.

He skated towards Namestnikov, who would have quite properly checked him if he'd continued. But Kuch passed the puck backwards at the last minute, putting himself between Hedman and Namestnikov, who couldn't do anything but run into him. That's not interference, or cheating, or anything but a brilliant positional play by Kucherov.
Yeah, that's what I saw too. He stopped himself, as well. It's not like he continued skating through Namestnikov. It was a deliberate pick, though, and the purist in me wasn't a fan. Never said he cheated. To each his own, I guess.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Yeah, that's what I saw too. He stopped himself, as well. It's not like he continued skating through Namestnikov. It was a deliberate pick, though, and the purist in me wasn't a fan. Never said he cheated. To each his own, I guess.
To be honest I do not like it much either. But, it has been effective.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad