GDT: 2/26/13 | Calgary Flames VS The Unbeatables | 7 PM CT | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
Anyone else sort of upset with wins like this one?

We didn't deserve to win and it was boring as hell to watch. Unfortuntaely, it still keeps Mike Yeo around another game and fans only seem to see the 2 points we didn't deserve.:shakehead

I actually have no idea what you were talking about.

Sure the penalties were sloppy, but other then that it seemed like a game we outplayed them in every facet and whole heartily deserved to win.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
he's definitely been steadily getting better instead of the up and down ride most of the team has been going on.
No doubt and i love how calm and mild mannered both him and Brodin are. A calming influence on the ice if you will.

His stretch passes seem to always be right on tape also.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
it's not any dumber than some of the Yeo analysis in this thread.
:help:

A coach should amplify the talent on a team not diminish it. I don't buy the Russo logic that the team isn't trying hard enough. Tell me what player on this team isn't giving full effort every game?

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
good-guy-pitbull_o_1102011.jpg

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
it's not any dumber than some of the Yeo analysis in this thread.
:help:

I stay away from all of that talk. Firing Yeo would just send a message of panic and could rattle this team imo. Even if you hire say Ruff there is hardly anytime to learn a new system and make a run at the playoffs imo. Let Yeo finish the season.

Mumbler*

I actually have no idea what you were talking about.

Sure the penalties were sloppy, but other then that it seemed like a game we outplayed them in every facet and whole heartily deserved to win.

x2. we won.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So bring back Bouchard and Cullen next year? Don't buy out Heatley? Don't shop Seto at the deadline or Clutterbuck? Keep Stoner, Falk, and Prosser on the team?

No on Bouchard, not sure about Cullen.

Heatley- depends on FA situation, but probably not.

Shop Seto or Clutter if we are not in the playoffs.

We will have to keep one of Stoner, Falk, etc unless we sign some FA's.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wouldn't say that's "dismantling" per say.

So removing our 4/6 of our top 6, one of our top 9 players and the bottom 3rd of our defense isn't dismantling?

That's going to be, once again, a lot of turn over for a team that is constantly churning. Not to mention if Brodziak continues to fail.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
A coach should amplify the talent on a team not diminish it. I don't buy the Russo logic that the team isn't trying hard enough. Tell me what player on this team isn't giving full effort every game?

Effort is fine, its the decision making thats the problem. Too many mistakes by every player every night.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Huge win. Look at where we are in the standings too. We are knocking at the door. We win Thursday at an arena that will have like two people in it and one of them will be a Wild fan and we'll be back on track.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
Effort is fine, its the decision making thats the problem. Too many mistakes by every player every night.

So every player is making big mistakes every night? That's not what we have been hearing. We have been hearing that we play the right system but the players don't try hard enough so it fails.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So removing our 4/6 of our top 6, one of our top 9 players and the bottom 3rd of our defense isn't dismantling?
Dismantling is what you wanted to do not long ago.....get rid of our leadership was your suggestion. Ship out Koivu...clean out the top 6 for the most part.

And to be honest, Cullen isn't a top 6 player. No freaking way.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
He has built a roster and a prospect pool rife with talent. He took a chance on two rookie coaches and failed. If he were to choose another unproven coach then maybe I'd think he needs to be gone.
Again with all do respect. A prospect pool that's largely unproven.. And again remember there Prospects.. Most have done nothing yet.. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.. His trades for the most part have been shakey at best and he gets a D- for hiring coaches IMO.. I guess I don't see where he's done that great.. Sorry!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

That's going to be, once again, a lot of turn over for a team that is constantly churning. Not to mention if Brodziak continues to fail.

That's only if you do everything you just said, which isn't very likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad