GDT: 2/26/13 | Calgary Flames VS The Unbeatables | 7 PM CT | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Hopefully we can build off the finish but yet another poor game all around. Hopefully Yeo keeps on giving Granlund ice time, its clear some of these veterans are offering very little. Don't agree with bumping Coyle back up with Koivu and Parise though, and it showed, he's got no business playing on that line at this point in his career. Tough for him to figure out lines though, it shouldn't be this hard but the players are making it incredibly difficult.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Suter with two more assists tonight. He now has more points than Heatley or any Wild forward for that matter not named Koivu or Parise.

And he has played well for what...six or seven games? He IS earning that contract.

But let's talk about Brodin...once again...SO CALM. Like, drinking an entire pot of coffee couldn't make that kid twitch. Silky smooth skating, fast decisions.

countrygentleman

The Kaptain Says ARR
Jan 14, 2010
Minnesota
Anyone else sort of upset with wins like this one?

We didn't deserve to win and it was boring as hell to watch. Unfortuntaely, it still keeps Mike Yeo around another game and fans only seem to see the 2 points we didn't deserve.:shakehead

Mumbler*

Mikko asked me to step back a little bit, so I fired a back hander and it went in. - paraphrasing ZP. Yep, that's a C.

we won.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
whatever we were doing on the PP was working by the end of the night though. We had a lot of time in zone and chances, which is sort of new.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I go outside only to come back in to see they tied and won the game? WTH?

1. More Zucker. Put him on the PP for a while.
2. PK was AWESOME and saved their tails in more ways than one.
3. PP was brutal.

Glad they came back to win, but there was no reason for this game to go to OT considering the opportunities they were given. Of course, the same could be said for Calgary. PP fails big time.

I disagree that the pp was brutal...it was generating chances for a change...most of the season, they've struggled to even get setup in the zone, tonight that wasn't an issue. Too many posts on the pp is all.

Billy Mays Here*

I'd go as far as to say that Suter's been our best player over the past couple weeks.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

We didn't deserve to win and it was boring as hell to watch. Unfortuntaely, it still keeps Mike Yeo around another game and fans only seem to see the 2 points we didn't deserve.:shakehead

We hit two posts, had a inch-more woulda-been goal, played GOOD ON THE PP- it wasn't like the PP was bad- we just couldn't finish on that netminder. Passing and distribution and motion much better.

Both teams a bit sloppy with penalties.

Backes played great. Suter-Brodin great.

Not sure how we didn't deserve to win it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

The only folks I'm happy for is the PK's. Yeo isn't going anywhere. Not while the team still has a chance. Not when their record in the past 10 days hasn't been that bad. Firing Yeo may occur this summer or when the team is completely out of it. But doing so now would only throw the team into a deeper spiral of chaos, and you can bet the owner and GM aren't in that mindset yet.

I'm not pro-Yeo here....just saying the chances of it happening even had they lost tonight was pretty dang low.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Disagree, they totally earned the W. They were the better team all night.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
it's not any dumber than some of the Yeo analysis in this thread.
:help:
Kinda agree there. For anyone who thinks another loss or two would see the coach's demise, prepare to be shocked. As bad as the rocky road has been, the team is still in the race. If they have issues and let go of Yeo, it'll most likely be this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad