OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don’t give a f*** about rap beef - and, for the record, Drake’s music has always been shit - but the memes born from this nonsense have been great

Reactions: Chinatown88

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
odd question..but anyone with Amazon Prime Video tell me what this on now section is
Looks to me like certain channels/services you may be subscribed to (or part of it) offering content in the classic "cable channel format" of shows airing at a certain time.

Also possibly some actual 'live channels', looking at mine I see they offer WPVI/Channel 6 local on it with a bunch of generic channels (80s sitcoms, 90s sitcoms) and some that are just specific shows like "survivor channel" "CSI channel"

I think Sirius started to do this with a lot of podcasts a few years ago and turning them into a specific "station" and then just playing one after the other.

Reactions: trostol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kidney stone: 1

This guy: 0

I have had like five so far. Knock on wood but it’s been like 4 years since the last one. The last one I was just sitting by my water cooler slugging waters until the point I got bloated & threw up I was just trying to pass it asap. :laugh:

For me coffee & tea are pretty much what does. They just told me to drink more water in between to moderate it.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I have had like five so far. Knock on wood but it’s been like 4 years since the last one. The last one I was just sitting by my water cooler slugging waters until the point I got bloated & threw up I was just trying to pass it asap. :laugh:

For me coffee & tea are pretty much what does. They just told me to drink more water in between to moderate it.
This is my first one and it just came out of nowhere. One minute this morning I was cutting the grass, the next minute I was in excruciating pain, the most uncomfortable pain I've ever experienced. I've definitely felt nauseous, but haven't thrown up; probably because the only thing I've had to eat today has been a soft pretzel.

I drink way too much iced tea and it's finally caught up to me. They said it was a small one, 3mm, but holy shit this is so uncomfortable

Hemorrhoid the size of Flahr's head: 1

This guy.....0
Man, that sounds just as miserable

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is my first one and it just came out of nowhere. One minute this morning I was cutting the grass, the next minute I was in excruciating pain, the most uncomfortable pain I've ever experienced. I've definitely felt nauseous, but haven't thrown up; probably because the only thing I've had to eat today has been a soft pretzel.

I drink way too much iced tea and it's finally caught up to me. They said it was a small one, 3mm, but holy shit this is so uncomfortable

Man, that sounds just as miserable
It felt like a golf ball was glued to my anus last night.....a little better tonight. However, your ordeal sounds actually worse. So far have avoided a kidney stone experience. A couple of buddies of mine have experienced more than 1 occurrence and they described it like yours.....

Hopefully a one off for you...

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It felt like a golf ball was glued to my anus last night.....a little better tonight. However, your ordeal sounds actually worse. So far have avoided a kidney stone experience. A couple of buddies of mine have experienced more than 1 occurrence and they described it like yours.....

Hopefully a one off for you...
Me either. I drink a lot of water and cranberry juice, not sure that helps or I am just lucky.

Reactions: Embiid

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have tickets to a show at The Fillmore later this year. Thoughts on the club, places to go prior?

thx

Venue is fine.

Other Half is literally across the street if your group likes beer. There's also Philadelphia Distilling or if you want a fancier dinner, Elwood is excellent.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks, the negative thing I read most often was that the prices inside are asinine, so those places sounds like good ideas.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

9ZF2bDz.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad