GDT: 2/24 Hurricanes @ Islanders

Beardy*

Lol this is the worst camera angles I've ever seen... They've got the cameras zoomed in way too far

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Tripp mentioning how important the faceoff was for Jordan right before Jordan loses it and Ward fumbles the shot...

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I hate this team so much right now. We don't forecheck more than 2 people because our defense sucks (more than usual, due to injuries).

So our offense sucks as a result. And it's impossible to come from behind (like we're going to have to tonight). Ward and Ellis playing poorly is not helping things.

As soon as two of Joni/Gleason/McBain get back, we need to go back to a 2.5/3 man forecheck with plenty of defensive pinching. At this point, I would say "**** it" and go there right now. It's more than clear that the current set up is not working.

mgilmartin

Dec 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't think we win a game with this lineup. We need Skinner and Pitkanen back BAD, Gleason and McBain would help as well.

I also don't think we win a game with this goaltending. We need he-who-must-not-be-named to wake up in a big way. Hopefully that's tonight, but against Tavares, I think we're outplayed and outmatched again tonight.

I mostly just read posts, but I have to agree with this. This team is just awful. It's a shame. Our dismal goaltending lately has made me rethink this a bit, but overall I still think we'd be a playoff team with all our guys healthy. It's just that we may have to wait until 2013-14 to see it because we're not going to get healthy in time to make up the points that we're currently missing.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I mostly just read posts, but I have to agree with this. This team is just awful. It's a shame. Our dismal goaltending lately has made me rethink this a bit, but overall I still think we'd be a playoff team with all our guys healthy. It's just that we may have to wait until 2013-14 to see it because we're not going to get healthy in time to make up the points that we're currently missing.

When we were healthy, we were a playoff team. Top 5 in goals. Top 10 in points percentage. Was 5th in East with a game in hand over everyone (save Boston).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad