GDT: 2/24 Hurricanes @ Islanders

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Ward plays better. They forecheck hard on weak defence. Canes get lots of breakout opportunities with 2 on 1's etc. and win 6-3 with an empty netter, shorthanded. Scorers - J. Staal-1, E. Staal-2, Semin-2, Tlusty empty net. Muller read the riot act and the leaders come up big.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Let's see. There's tonight's game. Then there's the Amazing Race (with Bates and his brother). Then there's the Walking Dead.

Decisions, decisions.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
In years past we usually win on Long Island, it's rarely pretty but it's one place our team has found success at.

Caniac1234

Jun 21, 2012
Raleigh,NC
I see the oilers keep scratching Ryan Whitney and that he's available,should we take a chance with him if the price isn't too high knowing that if he sucks we just let him walk cause his contract expires this year?I mean he couldn't be much worse than mcbain,sangunetti are playing.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't think we win a game with this lineup. We need Skinner and Pitkanen back BAD, Gleason and McBain would help as well.

I also don't think we win a game with this goaltending. We need he-who-must-not-be-named to wake up in a big way. Hopefully that's tonight, but against Tavares, I think we're outplayed and outmatched again tonight.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Honestly, the only thing I want to see tonight is that the guys give a *&^^%(*&^.

From Cam, to the young kids, to the established stars, the guys need to start showing some urgency. I'm tired of watching them go through the motions. There's simply no excuse. A three-game losing streak due to injuries is nothing to be ashamed of, but to lose three straight without putting forth the necessary effort to win 1-on-1 battles, or get pucks out of dangerous areas, or to come out and cut off angles as a goalie, is not going to cut it.

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
I need something good. It's February in da UP and I'm having domestic issues.

GO CANES GO. WIN, YOU STUPID LITTLE STORMS. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad