Post-Game Talk: 2/24/16 - the night the puns died. Boston - 5, Kunitz lack of accountability - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Well, why can't Sullivan beat teams that are in playoff positions?

We beat up on the bottom feeders and every feels good and then we have a terrible record against the teams that matter.

You say this like it never happened, which is not true at all. All it takes is to look at the game logs for the last 10 games. So why do you post this?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
And who was it playing **** defense floating which lead to 3 goals.......KUNITZ

There isn't much of a point in arguing with someone who can't be bothered to even watch the games. That particular poster probably hasn't watched a game in years and so he/she is having a difficult time believing how bad Chris Kunitz is as a hockey player right now, compared to what he was even 3 seasons ago.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I'm slowly getting fed up reading about Kunitz in multiple threads, maybe it's time he gets his very own complaints thread?

*** The Official Klownitz Depository ***

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm slowly getting fed up reading about Kunitz in multiple threads, maybe it's time he gets his very own complaints thread?

I can understand and appreciate the sentiment, but i think having a Kunitz discussion in this thread is relevant because his presence was so prevalent in the game and this is the game discussion thread. I mean, having the same discussion across 15 threads can be tiresome, but I think PGTs are different. JMO

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013

Just bring back his contract extension thread where everyone was ecstatic and called it such a good deal.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I can understand and appreciate the sentiment, but i think having a Kunitz discussion in this thread is relevant because his presence was so prevalent in the game and this is the game discussion thread. I mean, having the same discussion across 15 threads can be tiresome, but I think PGTs are different. JMO
Indeed, my bad. It's just that he's getting on my nerves.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Since I didn't watch the game last night and we're already on the subject of Kunitz:

What was oh so bad about him last night? I've really only seen people complain in here, but haven't really read about specific instances. I'm sure there are examples throughout here, but I've just skimmed the thread.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Since I didn't watch the game last night and we're already on the subject of Kunitz:

What was oh so bad about him last night? I've really only seen people complain in here, but haven't really read about specific instances. I'm sure there are examples throughout here, but I've just skimmed the thread.

I was going to link a video of Boston's third goal, but it apparently does not exist :laugh:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/pit-vs-bos/2016/02/24/2015020903#game=2015020903,game_state=final

But you can see a tiny part of it in that main video.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Kneejerk reactions this, hyperbole that, it's all been said before. It's always the same predictable cycle. First "it's only been x games", then "it's only x month", now this, it's all the same dismissive nonsense.

The goal is winning a championship right? They're years past the point of gaining anything of value from simply further playoff experience. If they're melting down against a bubble team and supposedly outplaying them while losing by four goals, what should be the logical expected outcome against the team challenging for regular season wins record they'll be forced to eventually face? Health isn't solving that problem.

It shouldn't be contrarian. Like facts exist about roster makeups, salary cap status, total assets in system's, etc. One can use these to make educated and logical assumptions about the future. Yet are seemingly always ignored for feel good, continually proven illogical optimism.

None of what's happening now wasn't predicted during the summer, there was no lack of blatant signs to those willing to accept them.

So let's work this logic out, a mediocre at best team is higher in the standings than you and beat you every game they played you, so what's that make you? This talking point that the east is weak keeps resurfacing, just get healthy, one or two moves away, etc. etc. It shouldn't take an epiphany to realize they're contributing to that weakness, this is fact by all available metrics.

Besides, since when does comparing this team to those in their immediate vicinity change the likely outcome of a potential series against the capitals, or the rest of the actual contenders? What's the value of ignoring the obvious?

Bruins played the Pens as soon as coaching change happened, and then with a depleted lineup. Each time the Pens got the better of play. A healthy Penguins team can beat anyone in the East. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad