GDT: 2/22/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
That’s not goaltender interference tho? It was outside the paint. Dom shoulda stayed with the puck. And lord knows what Dotchin was doing.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Has G INT gone in the Lightning favor all year?

Pretty sure we've lost every single one of them.

They need to remove it from the game. It's pointless and I haven't found a single team that actually "likes" it.

Either come out with INSANELY clear rules with 0 room for interpretation or remove overturned calls.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What the ****? I guess they're saying Dotchin forced him in but Ryan made no attempt to avoid contact there.
Sens feed was saying it looked like Domingue grabbed his leg with his glove hand. I couldn't get a good look at it to say if that was the case or not.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Said this last week. It's the smarter move but the downside is, it's highly unlikely a team acquires TWO top 4 defenseman at the deadline. I can't recall the last time that's actually happened???

Hammer would be a tough pill to swallow considering we missed him for a low asking price in the summer. Only flaw is he's 30. He would be an improvement no doubt though. Green would be fine if Hedman can drag Dotchin and Sustr around for stretches.

The way Dotchin is playing right now is a detriment to the team. Him, Sustr and KK are pylons out there. We have enough complacency and poor lackadaisical plays with Ser-pinch-a-chev and Coburn, we don't need anymore.
Well if we are willing to consider giving up what it would cost to grab Karlsson then I think we would do what it takes to get both Green and Hjalmerson, which I would think would be cheaper.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
That’s not goaltender interference tho? It was outside the paint. Dom shoulda stayed with the puck. And lord knows what Dotchin was doing.

wat? He was playing the puck prior to having a dude ram his skate into his back thigh, literally spinning him around.

Is it Dotchin's fault it happened? Yes. If the puck was shot in when Dom was initially being spun I would say that needs to be waived off. That's not Stone's (I think it was Stone?) fault that stupid #59 did that. It IS his fault once the puck moves to get away from the goalie and prevent him from getting set again.

It's just one of those stupid things that the league needs to solve with a set of black and white rules. Leave no room for interpretation so that fans & teams can't be mad when something doesn't go their way.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Namestnikov seems to be on display. Hopefully on his way out

Why? I think we will end up trading him at some point just because he’s the sort of complementary player that teams in the Lightning’s position have to make tough decisions on, and he can indeed be quite frustrating at times, but despite that he’s not somebody about whom I’d say “hopefully on his way out.” Sustr, Dotchin...those guys I’d pack their bags personally, but as much as I don’t want to overpay Vladdy I’m going to be a little sad when he leaves.

Reactions: Hint1k and berlin

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Why? I think we will end up trading him at some point just because he’s the sort of complementary player that teams in the Lightning’s position have to make tough decisions on, and he can indeed be quite frustrating at times, but despite that he’s not somebody about whom I’d say “hopefully on his way out.” Sustr, Dotchin...those guys I’d pack their bags personally, but as much as I don’t want to overpay Vladdy I’m going to be a little sad when he leaves.

I think he’s worth more as a trade deadline asset than he is on the ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad