GDT: 2/20/16 - 12:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Yzlamic Preacher*

Every year we have a Legends game where all the retired hockey guys who live in Coeur d'Alene like Gretzky, Hull, etc play a game together. Johnson always comes but this year he had to coach since his hand was still busted. Anyway it's a fun time so if you're out here around mid-July you might want to check it out. He also coached during the Chiefs' training camp so I got to see him there too. He is so short in flipflops lol

HEY! Me and him are the same height :laugh:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Dallas plays host to Boston and Washington plays host to New Jersey, and the Devils are on a back-to-back.

kinda just saying that we should all hope those games play out like they, well, should.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Thought Callahan had a great defensive game, he is so good at that, just a shame he is snake bitten offensively.

Hedman had a poor game, just sloppy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thought Callahan had a great defensive game, he is so good at that, just a shame he is snake bitten offensively.

Hedman had a poor game, just sloppy.

Cally's been really good lately. Finally starting to show up on the scoresheet too. Carle robbed him of an assist today. Still not sure Carle didn't rob Palat of a goal. One replay looked an awful lot like the puck went in off Palat's knees.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Post game interview Cooper gushing over Carle. Then says "he's phenomenal when he's out there". He was actually referring to whenever he plays not just today. He had a good day today but cripes almighty what the heck does he actually see other times that makes him see "phenomenal". If he's so fricken great why do you healthy scratch him??? Can't he see comments like that make him look stupid?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Post game interview Cooper gushing over Carle. Then says "he's phenomenal when he's out there". He was actually referring to whenever he plays not just today. He had a good day today but cripes almighty what the heck does he actually see other times that makes him see "phenomenal". If he's so fricken great why do you healthy scratch him??? Can't he see comments like that make him look stupid?

Don't buy it. If Coop thinks Carle is so phenomenal, he wouldn't be such a regular healthy scratch.

We're probably trying to deal him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So is Condra still guna get ice time over JAM?

That'd be hilarious, guy played 9mins today and had 2 points, 3 points in his last 2 games, Condra has 3 points in his last 32 games :laugh:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Probably trying to get his confidence going again.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I skipped this game and missed a win AND game of the season for Carle! :laugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yes. Cooper giving credit when it is due. Sustr and Nesty have not looked great lately so we can use anything we can get out of Carle

Well if the guy played like a 5.5 mil player we wouldn't be having these discussions. Even if he played like a 3.5 mil player we would be happy. Would probably make a huge difference between some wins and losses.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And really, since we're giving credit where it's due, Carle DID look competent today. Points aside. I only saw one bad turnover. That's okay if he's going to be a bottom pairing guy. It's all we can expect.

If he can play like that down the stretch (which I doubt), it'll be a huge help.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
TJ with only his 9th goal of the season and Palat picking up his 11th assist on the season; these guys have to start showing up more on the stats sheet. I know they do "other things" well, but they have to produce if this team is going to go far.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So I just woke up...

That whole thing yesterday about Carle being first star... that was a dream, right?

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Well if the guy played like a 5.5 mil player we wouldn't be having these discussions. Even if he played like a 3.5 mil player we would be happy. Would probably make a huge difference between some wins and losses.

Yes , we all agree his pay is too high

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
TJ with only his 9th goal of the season and Palat picking up his 11th assist on the season; these guys have to start showing up more on the stats sheet. I know they do "other things" well, but they have to produce if this team is going to go far.

The triplet line is out there more often now and that should help. Cally, Stammer and Killer line was really good last game and if that keeps up the triplets will skate as a line consistently. Good news for Palat and Johnson scoring scoring!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00