eJcKawq.png

w2HweBr.png

1q7u8EX.png

el0wRHd.png

Dv7sq52.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Early game, have to remember that but it's on a much better time for me than usual so it's nice though Tampa isn't known for playing great during early game (then again, they haven't played well during late games lately either). This will be a tough weekend and I doubt they will get away with playing poorly so hopefully they have learned something.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Yep we suck at early games, and we suck in Pittsburgh. This is gonna be a disaster.

Yep, no way we win unless someone goes off and gets a hat trick, even then Pittsburgh is going to score at least 6 goals.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Why Namestnikov not playing today?

He's been out with an injury that he sustained in the game against STL so we don't know if he's playing tonight but he could be, we'll see how the lineup will look like.

Cooper said this and it makes sense, I bet everyone will get the chance to play either today or tomorrow:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The Pens are playing their backup, well, there goes that, we suck against backups.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
though Tampa isn't known for playing great during early game

The Lightning have played, literally, five games since last year began that could be considered "early games".

03/21/'15 @ DET: 4-1 L
04/18/'15 vs. DET: 5-1 W
05/16/'15 @ NYR: 2-1 L
10/10/'15 @ BUF: 4-1 W
10/12/'15 @ BOS: 6-3 W

All those games started between 1:00 and 3:00 ET and were in the Eastern time zone. Am I missing any other games? Lightning virtually never play day-time home games; Sunday afternoon games (rare as they are) tend to be 5:00 or 6:00, which I don't consider "early", and that one early home game I listed was a playoff game with NBC's influence. And even still, that's actually three wins vs. two losses, though the sample size is both far too small and generally inconsistent to glean any useful information from.

The reason they will most likely lose today is two-fold:

a) They have never won a game at Consol against Sid and Malkin's Penguins
b) Pittsburgh is in hellacious form right now, and have been since about the start of the new year

Just don't see what "early start" has to do with other than a self-defeating narrative. I'm not trying to pick on you here, of course, Brie; it's more that I generally don't enjoy seeing baseless facts being repudiated.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Smart move by them. We've ripped MAF to shreds this season.

note that it's the free game of the WEEK. Bolts dun goofed again.

functionally it doesn't matter today, but it's a bit more special when it's the one time a week they give people a free game.

incognito Burrito*

I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to Canada. I hate Rogers.

If you go to the website you should be able to watch it online. Might work through xbox, or ps4 app. I haven't tried it as normally the free game is available on CBC

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
the NHL.tv blackout checker is pretty interesting. I typed in my own zip code, and of course the Lightning would be blacked out, but the ones I tried for NYC and Harrisburg, PA?

NYC: Rangers, Islanders, Devils
Harrisburg: Flyers, Penguins, Caps

I picked Harrisburg because of it's relatively central location in Pennsylvania.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad