GDT: 2/20/16 - 12:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Great game by Cally, JAM and Stamkos. Bish was great. Carle wasn't a liability for the first time in 2 and a half years. GWG and a multi point game. Will be waiting for WW3 to start after that performance.

In all seriousness, his teammates know he's bad, for whatever the reasons. His coaches and management know it as well (well, sometimes you'd think otherwise), but then you see him happy to score and his dad there and I know I feel bad. Lol. I definitely don't want him on the team anymore but he knows his time is up in the league and to see his dad there is kind of a hit to the feels.

Glad highlight Malkin wasn't there today

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Great game by Cally, JAM and Stamkos. Bish was great. Carle wasn't a liability for the first time in 2 and a half years. GWG and a multi point game. Will be waiting for WW3 to start after that performance.

In all seriousness, his teammates know he's bad, for whatever the reasons. His coaches and management know it as well (well, sometimes you'd think otherwise), but then you see him happy to score and his dad there and I know I feel bad. Lol. I definitely don't want him on the team anymore but he knows his time is up in the league and to see his dad there is kind of a hit to the feels.

Glad highlight Malkin wasn't there today

u missed namestnikov i thought he was our best player he laid the body out he is getting more and more like palat i love that kid

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Important win against a team we're fighting for a playoff spot. Tomorrow is another important game for us so hopefully they'll be ready.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
u missed namestnikov i thought he was our best player he laid the body out he is getting more and more like palat i love that kid

Without a doubt. Him and Palat were good. I just thought those 3 stood out. Names went quiet at times but was the best player the first 20. Hot paquette and Brown were very good again. Coburn did his job. Hedman was bad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we play Bish again tomorrow, I hope we get Vasy the next game in Syracuse.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You live in the west coast? I thought you lived in the East, like the rest of the asylum. I woke up at 9 :cry:

I'm in Spokane. I was a Bolts fan before I moved here though so the TyJo thing is just a coincidence. It's cool to see him in the summer though

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Without a doubt. Him and Palat were good. I just thought those 3 stood out. Names went quiet at times but was the best player the first 20. Hot paquette and Brown were very good again. Coburn did his job. Hedman was bad.

lol
at the end i was like put brown out there dammit he will get the puck out of the zone

amazing to have that kind of confidence in him now

ill rewatch the game later but i thought vladdy ruined someone in the third behind the net with a huge hit

Yzlamic Preacher*

I'm in Spokane. I was a Bolts fan before I moved here though so the TyJo thing is just a coincidence. It's cool to see him in the summer though

I have family in Spokane and that area. I go down during the summer for weekends and such, I have never seen him. Probably for the best, I'd probably act like a schoolgirl meeting Bieber.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
lol
at the end i was like put brown out there dammit he will get the puck out of the zone

amazing to have that kind of confidence in him now
He's so efficient. Rarely messes up. Him and Paquette are such valuable players to this team. I said it when the Drouin saga started it would suck to lose either one in a trade. Sure they are replaceable but for their price and success here already, I'd keep them til they burn out. Very good players. So much heart on a team that lacks it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
This is the first time the Lightning have won in both Pittsburgh and Boston in a single season in six years. Take a look:

CbrxewhVIAA0s6O.jpg

---

After Thursday's disaster, that win really does make everyone feel a lot better, doesn't it? Game was pretty even for the first period; TB was able to get a couple past Zatkoff, while Pittsburgh couldn't beat Bishop. Once they got out to a couple goal lead, the ice tilted to the Penguins, which is hardly surprising. Shots on goal doesn't tell the story of this game in the sense of saying that Pittsburgh dominated the game; there was some #ScoreEffects involved in that.

Notably, contrast this game from what happened on Thursday - much better puck responsibility, as well as structural integrity. This is no doubt the best game the Lightning have played from a puck responsibility perspective since the 10-wins-in-11 stretch. Some excellent defensive shifts, especially from Callahan and Paquette today.

Not much left to say other than just that this is, a road game against a team whom they were dead even on points with coming into today, an excellent win to pick up, especially in regulation. All three of these games against Pittsburgh, who have been playing much better since 2016 began, came in the last five weeks, and the Lightning picked up +5 points on the Penguins in the head-to-heads. Pretty significant when the two teams, along with several others, are clumped so tight in the Eastern playoff picture.

That being said - Pittsburgh did not play a bad game today. They've coalesced well under Sullivan's coaching. That might well be the best or second best team in the East right now, so lets all hope they finish in any playoff spot that isn't the first wild card spot, because that first wild card is no doubt going to be thrown in the Atlantic side of the playoffs.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I have family in Spokane and that area. I go down during the summer for weekends and such, I have never seen him. Probably for the best, I'd probably act like a schoolgirl meeting Bieber.

Every year we have a Legends game where all the retired hockey guys who live in Coeur d'Alene like Gretzky, Hull, etc play a game together. Johnson always comes but this year he had to coach since his hand was still busted. Anyway it's a fun time so if you're out here around mid-July you might want to check it out. He also coached during the Chiefs' training camp so I got to see him there too. He is so short in flipflops lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No doubt Ottawa and Detroit will go to overtime tonight. The Red Wings special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad