GDT: 2/2/15 "Effort? What's That?" - Panthers vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Woah, a positive post from you lol. I like it! :yo:

Haha im always positive :sarcasm:

Nahh but the last couple of months have been rough with few hours of sleep bc of not being able to let go no mather how bad the team is playing :cry: :laugh:

Which some of my post has reflected haha :P

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Huberdeau playing on Bjugstad's wing, Bjugstad is playing great. Huberdeau moves to Barkov's wing, Barkov picks up production dramatically, Bjugstad's slows down significantly.

Coincidence?

Didn't help Bjugstad got stuck with Jokinen right after (I know his point total). Those two to me had zero chemistry.
Seemed like Huberdeau got more confidence, shooting wise, when he went on Barkovs line.

I liked the 2nd and 3rd lines tonight. Pirri - Bjugstad -Hayes and then Jokinen -Character -Bergenheim.

Think that's how it should stay for a little bit. Then sub out guys on the 4th line.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Huberdeau playing on Bjugstad's wing, Bjugstad is playing great. Huberdeau moves to Barkov's wing, Barkov picks up production dramatically, Bjugstad's slows down significantly.

Coincidence?

I've been thinking the same thing. Though Huberdeau looks more dominant with Barkov than he did with Bjugstad.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
So many losses over so many years. It is literally all we know. Hopefully we keep it up and get passed by Philly, Ottawa, Colorado, etc and have better odds at McDavid.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013

Coincidence?

Spot on. He hasn't been burying his chances but Huberdeau has been excellent lately. He's built chemistry with both of our young centers this year and both have benefitted as a result. Aside from his great vision/passing, he's been doing an excellent job deep in the zone and along the boards winning puck battles. This leads to more zone time and more scoring chances for whoever is on the ice with him. If only we could clone him...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So many losses over so many years. It is literally all we know. Hopefully we keep it up and get passed by Philly, Ottawa, Colorado, etc and have better odds at McDavid.

So u wanna see regression instead of us getting better? Cool let's keep the losers mentality and be losers for 10 more years... pathetic

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
This loss didn't hurt as bad as the one against New Jersey in hindsight. I thought we played better today than we have in the last couple weeks. It wasn't the complete effort, but they had a good start and came back when we thought they'd just roll over. They got a lucky deflection at the end and it sealed the game essentially. Also, nice to see Pirri scoring again. He's got a wicked shot and I'm glad that he looks more like himself.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
So u wanna see regression instead of us getting better? Cool let's keep the lovers mentality and be lovers for 10 more years... pathetic

Whether I want to see it or not, regression is the reality right now. Trying to see a silver lining (better draft position) is just one of many ways to cope with being a longtime fan of a perennial loser. There has been some positives this season, but damn I'm tired of all the losing year after year after year. As fans, our mentality has no effect on the results on the ice, that is all on the players. All we can do is watch.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
This loss didn't hurt as bad as the one against New Jersey in hindsight. I thought we played better today than we have in the last couple weeks. It wasn't the complete effort, but they had a good start and came back when we thought they'd just roll over. They got a lucky deflection at the end and it sealed the game essentially. Also, nice to see Pirri scoring again. He's got a wicked shot and I'm glad that he looks more like himself.

Agreed. At the end of the day, we watch to be entertained and there were some fun moments in this game. New York has a hell of a team.
The loss to NJ was certainly a low point this season. We all expected a win and the team came out and laid an egg.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Didn't help Bjugstad got stuck with Jokinen right after (I know his point total). Those two to me had zero chemistry.
Seemed like Huberdeau got more confidence, shooting wise, when he went on Barkovs line.

I liked the 2nd and 3rd lines tonight. Pirri - Bjugstad -Hayes and then Jokinen -Character -Bergenheim.

Think that's how it should stay for a little bit. Then sub out guys on the 4th line.

God no, none of those three would ever pass to the others haha. I'd like to see Bjugstad tried on Huby's and Barkov's wing to see how that would work, since at this point our season is over it couldn't hurt to try for a few games; maybe after some of the vets are traded. It could also allow Trocheck/Pirri to play his normal position if it works out

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
Oh **** ya!! Ainec...it's a hell of a lot more Important for this team and core to improve and developers than getting an 18 year old that's 4 years away from making an impact...

You think Connor McDavid is 4 years away from making an impact?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh **** ya!! Ainec...it's a hell of a lot more Important for this team and core to improve and developers than getting an 18 year old that's 4 years away from making an impact...

McDavid, Eichel, and Marner are not 4 years away from making an impact, but we're not getting them anyway so it's irrelavant

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Whether I want to see it or not, regression is the reality right now. Trying to see a silver lining (better draft position) is just one of many ways to cope with being a longtime fan of a perennial loser. There has been some positives this season, but damn I'm tired of all the losing year after year after year. As fans, our mentality has no effect on the results on the ice, that is all on the players. All we can do is watch.

Losing is not a silver lining... this team needs to win not tank... it is far more important to improve on last season than getting a few picks higher in the draft... a jump from 2nd last to 9th or 10th is huge and exactly what this team needs... your telling me another year of experience for the young core can't get us 3-5 more wins and a playoff spot nextyear? I'm sick of the tank talk... it just a losers mentality that will keep this team in the basement... it's time for them to start showing some progression and they r doing just that and It is a damn good thing... everyone expecting playoffs this year was just unrealistic and u do it to yourselfs... again at the start of the year I was hoping for progression attend attend .500 team with a shot at the playoffs.. I wanted to watch the core develope and get better and show signs.. they r doing that and I am pleased...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
McDavid, Eichel, and Marner are not 4 years away from making an impact, but we're not getting them anyway so it's irrelavant

Realistically only mcdavid and Eichel have a shot at making a true impact... and that's still very much up in the air... and I don't mean just scoring points... I mean actually helping the teams win games consistently which they might not do in their rookie years

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Honestly, I'm accepting the fact that we're not making the playoffs and am pretty much ok with it. Most people on Twitter seem like they're on suicide watch.

As I said after the last game, we overachieved in the first half and are showing that we're an inconsistent decent team. We're likely going to finish where I predicted in September, which is between 8th and 12th in the East.

Compared to 15th last season, it's a damn good improvement compared to last season. If you didn't see the stat or hear Goldstein say it on the telecast, we're the third most improved team in the league this season compared to the last.

This was a very even game overall I thought. Luongo have his best of games and if the defense wants to let up 37 shots, we're likely not going to win with a poor offense. The Rangers are insanely fast and we just couldn't keep up. There's a reason why they went to the Stanley Cup Finals last season.

I love seeing Pirri scoring almost every game. I really was a bit worried if he would regain composure after getting "Yandled." Nice to see Mr. 5.5 score his second goal of the season as well.

I'm not worried about Bjugstad's recent slump. If any of you read my article in The Rat Trick from yesterday, while he can't compare to his 2010 draftee counterparts like Hall or Seguin, I think he might have a similar career path to Olli Jokinen, but faster. Olli believe it or not reached 91 points after never reaching above 29 for his first four seasons. The best is probably yet to come in his career as he keeps getting better through development. There's a reason why Dale signed him for six seasons.

With playoff hopes likely lost, I'm eager to keep watching the play of the kids and see if we can unload the UFA vets for something at the deadline.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013

Oh man how sweet it would be come lottery time if they open our envelope at the 12 spot and we see a gold card with our logo on it.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
No answer for Nash. Henrik outplayed Lu. The vets are UFA trash just like every other year. At this rate, I hope we drop far enough for McDavid. I'd nearly sell my soul to the friggin devil to ensure a #1 overall.

MPGA

Nov 25, 2013
No answer for Nash. Henrik outplayed Lu. The vets are UFA trash just like every other year. At this rate, I hope we drop far enough for McDavid. I'd nearly sell my soul to the friggin devil to ensure a #1 overall.

If we got McDavid, I'd sell my house and car, take all the money in 1 dollar bills and put it in a big burlap sack, and dump it all from the upper deck of the BB&T Center on draft day.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I'll admit this. We're so improved this year that we're in purgatory. Just sitting in the middle, waiting, hoping for something to come along in the draft, but nothing comes of it. Like always.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I'll admit this. We're so improved this year that we're in purgatory. Just sitting in the middle, waiting, hoping for something to come along in the draft, but nothing comes of it. Like always.

Man there are so many days where thoughts go trough your head what if, what could have been if we drafted RyJo instead of Guddy etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad