Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We are horrible. Ben *** Scrivens shut us out? :laugh:

5 goals one game, 0 the next. Isn't that the pattern right now? Isn't this what we all expected? I watched this game with my girlfriend and LITERALLY 5 MINUTES IN, this team is so predictable that Scrivens will get a shutout.

Sure enough!

Who seriously thinks this team is anything but a lost cause at this point during this season? Quit kidding yourself. We suck. We flat, out, suck.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

5 goals one game, 0 the next. Isn't that the pattern right now? Isn't this what we all expected? I watched this game with my girlfriend and LITERALLY 5 MINUTES IN, this team is so predictable that Scrivens will get a shutout.

Sure enough!

Who seriously thinks this team is anything but a lost cause at this point during this season? Quit kidding yourself. We suck. We flat, out, suck.

Kovalev playing for us is a joke.

That's one I predicted.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Sure enough!

Scrivens has back to back shutouts I believe. He got somebody else just before the Panthers. Not supposed to make anyone feel better about it but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Sure enough!

And he is a backup behind Reimer...Underlining the fact how much we suck against these backups. Usually easy Shutouts:banana:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Kovalev playing for us is a joke.

That's one I predicted.

After making some decent strides last year, this franchise is back to being the joke of the league.

4 out of 15 games we have been shutout this season. That is horrible.

There is NOTHING good about this team right now. Not a single trait about our play that I can say I am happy with. Last year we barely scored but you know what? We held onto leads and played tight D, accompanied with great goaltending.

Even during the **** years during the early 2000's, we were getting smoked every night but at least we kicked everyone's ass in the process.

This might be my darkest period ever as a Panther fan. After getting such a boost last season, this year is just devastating. It's killing me. As a life-long fan it pains me so much to watch this team regress so badly after taking SO LONG to progress even the slightest bit.

We do nothing right now. Offense is terrible and inconsistent. Defense is nothing short of a joke, our goaltending is basically paper and the whole teams attitude seems to stink. Dineen seems to have lost these guys.

Look how much as sniper changes the game though. Kessel came down the wing on a one-on-one and scored the winner in the first period. We lack a sniper to finish like this. Once again we get beaten by a team with a guy who can score goals. We had so much momentum and for what seems like the 1,000,000,000th time in Panther history, we failed to score on the early chances and went on to lose embarrassingly.

Short of Hubs and Shore, there is nothing on this team of any value to me. Campbell is nowhere near the guy he was last year (starting to make the Olesz trade make a little more sense) and our goaltenders are so over the hill they're tobogganing down it. Mueller has been a nice surprise too but he's not a game-changing player by any stretch of the imagination.

Seriously DT, blow this ****** popsicle stand up and move on. Trade the rest of them and continue the rebuild. We clearly have a few more years longer than we expected.

Also, signing Kuba and Kovalev was incredibly useless, but with all the terrible play and horrible, sorry excuse for "hockey" this team is playing, there are a lot more problems with this franchise then Kuba and Kovalev.

Lessthan900

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Kulikov the new #1 D?

You could read their minds by their horrible play after the 2nd goal: "Even if we score 5, that loser in net will let in 7." And it's true. Now Toronto is fighting for a top spot in the East. Maybe we should lose the loser Tallon and pick up Burke. Maybe he'll notice the one-on-one auto-goals. Shoot: as long as it's on net, it goes in.

The line changes were a joke. Weiss still got all of his playing time. The 3rd line=20 minutes? No.

Theo gets the star of the game for having the greatest impact.:yo:

Anybody else notice that Frolik is on the top PK line of the 2nd best PK team, the league's top team? But Skille has one more goal than him.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Kovalev is the absolute worst. Seriously. Other than a good wrister what does he do? He doesnt skatw well, he doesnt get into position, he doesnt challenge players, he doesnt hit, he is usless.

Kuba isnt much better.

And somehow fhats the,pairing we put on PK.

I seriously think its time we question some of Dineen's decisions.

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
Well on the bright side it's only a 48 game season, and we'll get a decent draft pick when it's all over with. Not that it makes it any easier to take.....:cry:

Lessthan900

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
And about the rebuilding--how many decades must we spend tanking in order to "rebuild?" All of those high picks we got from tanking in the prior decade plus (whenever to 2007) are pretty much gone. Remember Horton? Bouwmeester? Stewart? Kendal McArdle? Ellerby? Dadanov? Repik? Frolik? Olesz? Shantz? Booth? Kreps? Taticek? Krajicek? Jokinen and Luongo? Shvidki? Auld? Hagman?

We have plenty of young talent; we even have some decent veterans. We need a goalie and perhaps a star player for once. Tallon missed his chance to get either. That money thrown away on Kuba could have been better used to go toward a star forward. And if he would have offered Weiss and a 1st (and thrown in either crap goalie we have), we could have traded for Luongo--he WANTED to come back to our team. He can't build this team like Chicago; we don't have a Kane, Toews, Sharp, and maybe not even a Hossa (Kovalev? Yeah). It's great that he got Campbell, Versteeg, and Fleischmann, and so forth, but we need more. We do have a corps of worthwhile players. But the holes are irredeemable (irremediable) by mere team spirit or chemistry or even luck.

And we already made it to the playoffs, losing in the first round. We need to be working on being a real playoff team. Isn't the progression obvious? Tallon is doing nothing to move this team forward.

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
And about the rebuilding--how many decades must we spend tanking in order to "rebuild?" All of those high picks we got from tanking in the prior decade plus (whenever to 2007) are pretty much gone. Remember Horton? Bouwmeester? Stewart? Kendal McArdle? Ellerby? Dadanov? Repik? Frolik? Olesz? Shantz? Booth? Kreps? Taticek? Krajicek? Jokinen and Luongo? Shvidki? Auld? Hagman?

We have plenty of young talent; we even have some decent veterans. We need a goalie and perhaps a star player for once. Tallon missed his chance to get either. That money thrown away on Kuba could have been better used to go toward a star forward. And if he would have offered Weiss and a 1st (and thrown in either crap goalie we have), we could have traded for Luongo--he WANTED to come back to our team. He can't build this team like Chicago; we don't have a Kane, Toews, Sharp, and maybe not even a Hossa (Kovalev? Yeah). It's great that he got Campbell, Versteeg, and Fleischmann, and so forth, but we need more. We do have a corps of worthwhile players. But the holes are irredeemable (irremediable) by mere team spirit or chemistry or even luck.

And we already made it to the playoffs, losing in the first round. We need to be working on being a real playoff team. Isn't the progression obvious? Tallon is doing nothing to move this team forward.

Forgot Huselius.:shakehead

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Kuba was the wrong choice of defenseman, but 4M isn't going to get you a star forward. Tallon can't do anything about that until ownership is willing to pony up. As for Luongo, he's not worth a 1st+. He is a great goalie, but he's in his mid-30's and on a very long and expensive contract. Gillis doesn't want to even up salary. So without that, it's pretty much a no-go from Florida's standpoint. Again, not Tallon's fault. That's a money issue. I'm so glad we didn't trade a 1st or any top prospects for Luongo and his contract. Also, we didn't know Weiss would regress like this. Losing your #1 center is a pretty big hole.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
what ya'll think of my new look leafs?
pretty good team D huh?
and leading the league in hits!

Randy Carlyle is quickly becoming a god here

Lessthan900

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Kuba was the wrong choice of defenseman, but 4M isn't going to get you a star forward. Tallon can't do anything about that until ownership is willing to pony up. As for Luongo, he's not worth a 1st+. He is a great goalie, but he's in his mid-30's and on a very long and expensive contract. Gillis doesn't want to even up salary. So without that, it's pretty much a no-go from Florida's standpoint. Again, not Tallon's fault. That's a money issue. I'm so glad we didn't trade a 1st or any top prospects for Luongo and his contract. Also, we didn't know Weiss would regress like this. Losing your #1 center is a pretty big hole.

Kuba was a horrible pickup. The worst, I would say, that came early in free agency. Did not Tallon do the same thing when he signed Jovanovski? Luongo isn't worth a 1st? Then nobody is--oh, except Crosby of course. Weiss has NEVER been an authentic top line center. He is a 2-way 2nd liner. This is typical. The same old blame the owners and the money constraints for the do-nothing general manager. Maybe you did the same for Dudley and Martin. You have proven yourself a poor judge of talent twice in one post. I wonder how many thousand times you've done so.

Last edited:

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
So I went to tonight's game because I'm currently trying to go to all the baseball stadiums (been to half) and would like to do the same with hockey arenas. My one thought as an outsider looking at tonight's game was the pure lack of effort the Panthers put forward. I wasn't surprised by the huge amount of Leafs fans but I mean there were Panthers fans and that was just a pitiful showing for the fans. Can't say I watch enough of the Panthers to know the injury situation but still... That effort from the Rangers would of had us booing an entire third period... I'm surprised the only real booing came on the futile power play in the 3rd. I wanted to watch Huberdeau but he seemed tentative and like a rookie... Not that there is anything wrong with that.... He is only 19? It seems like there are some good pieces but maybe it's a coaching change needed or trading for a ROR but something needs to spark this team. Other than that a really nice arena that seemed less than 5 years old let alone 15. Cats fans were classy unlike a few of their visitors and regardless of sunrise being so far from my hotel in palm beach it was a great overall experience. My $0.02

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kuba was a horrible pickup. The worst, I would say, that came early in free agency. Did not Tallon do the same thing when he signed Jovanovski? Luongo isn't worth a 1st? Then nobody is--oh, except Crosby of course. Weiss has NEVER been an authentic top line center. He is a 2-way 2nd liner. This is typical. The same old blame the owners and the money constraints for the do-nothing general manager. Maybe you did the same for Dudley and Martin. You have proven yourself a poor judge of talent twice in one post. I wonder how many thousand times you've cone so.

Kuba was good last season, with similar stats to Garrison. Tallon isn't a psychic. No, Luongo isn't worth a 1st. In a cap world, you have to tie the contract to the player.

Weiss is OUR #1 center. I thought what I was trying to say was obvious, or maybe you just like playing games. We didn't even know Shore was going to be this good in the summer. So yeah, trade our only legit top 6 center for Luongo. That's great center depth.

You're a classic revisionist historian.

Lessthan900

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Forgot Huselius.:shakehead

Cute, but I had to have a cut-off point. How about Mike Brown? He was drafted prior to Huselius that year. I also excluded Spacek; he played more games than Huselius. How about Lance Ward, who finished his career bullying Swedes? Novo, Nilson, then we're back to Dvorak (1,191 games, 2 really good seasons; he's a UFA).

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Cute, but I had to have a cut-off point. How about Mike Brown? He was drafted prior to Huselius that year. I also excluded Spacek; he played more games than Huselius. How about Lance Ward, who finished his career bullying Swedes? Novo, Nilson, then we're back to Dvorak (1,191 games, 2 really good seasons; he's a UFA).

Ivan Novoseltsev. Oh man! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad