GDT: 2/18/13 "Finish The Game" - Maple Leafs VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

redrising.jpg

Tonight Your Defending Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs! Game time at 7:30 EST live from BB&T Center!

BBTCenter-Arena.jpg

Try To Finish Last

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:leafs

VS

:panthers

[fieldset=Standings]
Florida:
Conference Position| Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
13th|4|6 |4 |12

Toronto:
Conference Position| Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
6th|9|6|0|18
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Toronto:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Joffrey Lupul| 2013-01-24| on injured reserve and is expected to miss at least six weeks| broken forearm
Carl Gunnarsson| 2013-02-01 |on injured reserve| strained hip
Matt Frattin |2013-02-12| on injured reserve| to undergo left knee surgery
James Reimer| 2013-02-12| on injured reserve| sprained left knee

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Michael Caruso| 2013-01-23 |on injured reserve and is out indefinitely |broken wrist
Sean Bergenheim |2013-01-17 |undisclosed |undisclosed
Ed Jovanovski|2013-01-31|on injured reserve|knee
Scottie Upshall| 2013-02-01| on injured reserve| ankle
Kris Versteeg| 2013-02-15| questionable for Monday's game against Toronto| upper body
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Toronto:
LW |C| RW
James van Riemsdyk|Tyler Bozak|Phil Kessel
Leo Komarov|Mikhail Grabovski|Nikolai Kulemin
Clarke MacArthur|Nazem Kadri|Jay McClement
Frazer McLaren|Dave Steckel|Colton Orr

LD|RD
Dion Phaneuf|Korbinian Holzer
John-Michael Liles|Mike Kostka
Cody Franson|Mark Fraser

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Jack Skille|Stephen Weiss|Shawn Matthias
Jonathan Huberdeau|Drew Shore|Peter Mueller
Tomas Kopecky|Marcel Goc|Tomas Fleischmann
Alex Kovalev|Jerred Smithson|George Parros

LD|RD
Brian Campbell|Filip Kuba
Dmitry Kulikov|Mike Weaver
Erik Gudbranson|Tyson Strachan
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)]
Toronto:
8430.gif

Ben Scrivens
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
7|3|3|0|2.24| .927|1

VS.

Florida:
0198.gif

Jose Theodore
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
11|4|5|2| 3.41 | .892|0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
Toronto:
W |James Reimer| 6
L| Ben Scrivens |3
GAA| Ben Scrivens |2.24
G |James van Riemsdyk |8
A |Phil Kessel| 9
+/- |Mark Fraser| 11
PIM |Colton Orr |38

Florida:
W |Jose Theodore| 4
L |Jose Theodore |5
GAA |Jose Theodore |3.41
G |Jonathan Huberdeau| 6
A |Tomas Fleischmann| 6
+/- |Drew Shore|2
PIM |Tomas Kopecky| 16
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Toronto:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
14.5%|23rd(tied)|80.0%|19th(tied)

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
17.9%|14th(tied)|74.5%|26th
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=News And Notes]
"We're not finishing,'' coach Kevin Dineen said after his team yielded the game-tying goal with 11 seconds left in regulation in Saturday's 6-5 loss to Tampa Bay. "You're not going to get in the playoffs with 48 points. You can't try to get a point a game - it's just not going to work. We've got to find a way a more complete effort and end up with two points.''
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Primary Target]
021213_jvr.jpg

James Van Riemsdyk, the top line forward acquired from the Flyers, is trying to help legitimize the Maple Leafs offense. He's part of the last great move made by the now-fired Brian Burke. Every time Van Riemsdyk succeeds, it proves that Burke still traded away 2 1sts and a 2nd for Phil Kessel. Seriously, what the hell?​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot Cat Of The Night]
drew_shore_florida_012413.jpg

Drew Shore, the Panthers rookie centerman, has 3 points in his last 3 games played.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Maple Leafs

Last Game Played

Tonight...
65953938.jpg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This will be a ROUGH game if we don't show a physical aspect to our game tonight. I watch alot of Leafs games and they look tough as nails this year. I feel Parros will need to prepare his knuckles, possibly set the tone early.

To say this is a must win is redundant espcially with a trip through Pennsylvania coming up this week. I'm not so worried about Philly but Pittsburgh will be our toughest game of the season so far.

Is Kovalev on the 4th line even a good thing? I know the lines are subject to change but I'd rather him on the 3rd with Goc and Skille. I know Matthias has been one of our best lately but he is a better fit on a line with Parros and Smithson than Kovalev is. To compensate having to put Matthias on the 4th line, give him time on one of the PP units.

STILL SEEING RED AND STILL BELIEVING IN A 2ND STRAIGHT SOUTHEAST TITLE

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
This will be a ROUGH game if we don't show a physical aspect to our game tonight. I watch alot of Leafs games and they look tough as nails this year. I feel Parros will need to prepare his knuckles, possibly set the tone early.

To say this is a must win is redundant espcially with a trip through Pennsylvania coming up this week. I'm not so worried about Philly but Pittsburgh will be our toughest game of the season so far.

Is Kovalev on the 4th line even a good thing? I know the lines are subject to change but I'd rather him on the 3rd with Goc and Skille. I know Matthias has been one of our best lately but he is a better fit on a line with Parros and Smithson than Kovalev is. To compensate having to put Matthias on the 4th line, give him time on one of the PP units.

STILL SEEING RED AND STILL BELIEVING IN A 2ND STRAIGHT SOUTHEAST TITLE

Wait till you get a load of this from twitter:

Florida Panthers @FlaPanthers 28s
Lines from #FlaPanthers morning skate: 12-9-18, 11-50-88, 82-57-14, 27-25-22. Kid line only one to stay the same.

Hilarious that Skille and Matthias (aside from line 2) are outplaying everyone else.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Lines from #FlaPanthers morning skate: 12-9-18, 11-50-88, 82-57-14, 27-25-22. Kid line only one to stay the same.

Hilarious that Skille and Matthias (aside from line 2) are outplaying everyone else.

:amazed:

I got to :clap: Skille and Matthias for working hard. Looks like they are being rewarded which I have no problem with. Maybe Dineen figures we put the players getting all the points up front and try and tighten up defensively with that 3rd line of Kopecky-Goc-Flash? I'm still nervous of that 4th line though, all 3 players are easily the slowest on the team.

I'm glad Dineen is recognizing hard work and giving the ones who deserve top line minutes a chance to boost their confidence. I'll be watching at my friends house who is a DIE-HARD leafer so hopefully we can adjust and grab 2pts.

Versteeg didnt practice? It would be nice if we could let Weiss and Steeg heal 100%. I feel theyre doing more harm than good trying to battle through injuries. That's why we could really use Bergy back in the lineup, that way Weiss could have the night off to rest.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Will be at the game tonight and looking forward to the Panthers breaking this losing streak and penchant for blowing leads. Looking for an early lead, physical play, and if they get that lead not going into a defensive shell.

LETS GO CATS!

Frek

Dec 2, 2005
PSL, Florida
We'll win in regulation tonight. You can take that to the bank.

Tor just came off a shutout against Ottawa. They are feeling pretty cocky and will walk into this game thinking that they'll win without any effort. Our Panthers will show up with a work effort that won't quit. We win this one tonight by at least 2.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

I wouldn't say Skille or Matthias are outplaying Goc. Guy is hustling, winning faceoffs, making nice passes, putting his body out there, and just doing all the little things that probably go unnoticed by most.

TroublesABruin

Jan 31, 2013
South Florida
please oh please just flippin win tonight.. i dont care how.. JUST WIN IN REGULATION! REGULATION POINTS ARE A MUCH NEEDED COMMODITY !
Fleischmann needs to get going a bit more, Shore keep doing your thing, matty needs to be up more, and theo.. please.. dont have a brain fart agan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad