GDT: 2/16/2015 - Wild @ Canucks - 9PM CT, 5AM FIN - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
bottom line nuckers looked hungry and we didnt. 20 shots was pathetic , they out hit us atleast 11-2 in the first. several bone crushing hits, why dont we have a designated hitter? hmmmmm.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I have no excuse for this. Always been a Vanek hater and tonight frustrated me a lot. But I have no argument for what you said as it is true :laugh:

I promise this is my last post on Vanek in this thread, I hate low effort plays. I apologize to all for beating it to death. We will get em on Wednesday

Easy. One of our better Corsi/Fenwich players versus one of our not so good Corsi/Fenwick players. One helps drive the deep while the other is an individual hole waiting for his points.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
I know losing sucks, but did anybody here think we were going to go undefeated the rest of the year?

Nope. The problem with this game was, as per usual with this team when they lose, they didn't even try outside of the last three minutes. I don't think anyone would have cared if the they outplayed the Canucks and still came away with a regulation loss (ala early losses this season), or even played a relatively tight game; but that's not what happened. Instead, they decided the game was over before it even began and just skated around like a bunch of scrubs cut from JV tryouts.

Also, regarding that Horvat (sp?) goal: If Vanek moves his lazy ass, that puck never even enters the zone -- it goes went right by him in the neutral zone while he was gliding around.
I honestly hope a miracle happens and we trade him at the deadline. He's not good enough offensively to justify his lazy play. It's arguably cost us as many goals as he's scored and -- to my eyes -- he seems to bring his linemate's offense down as well.

Last edited:

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
It's funny you hate Vanek, a one dimensional offensive playmaker and scorer, but you love Brodin, a one dimensional defenseman with zero offensive game.

Brodin is far better defensively than Vanek is offensively. If he's such a good scorer why is he 5th on our team for goals, and couldn't bury that breakaway last night?

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
Didn't score on a breakaway so he's not a good offensive player, solid argument.

If he's paid only to score goals, and is forgiven for any other shortcomings, yes he should bury that golden chance 10/10 times.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
He was slashed on the arm pretty good and should have gotten a penalty out of it, but yeah he definitely still had a chance to score.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
If he's paid only to score goals, and is forgiven for any other shortcomings, yes he should bury that golden chance 10/10 times.

So by your thinking then all Shootouts should be 3-3 after 3 rounds since a goal scorer should score 100% of the time on breakaways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad