GDT: 2/16/16 - 7:30PM EDT - San Jose VS Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Waste of DNA.
LOL. That was a good one Hoek.
Engblom needs to shove it himself. What a horrible replacement. I thought he would come around but he's getting more sick nightly

He's awful. I know Brent Burns has nearly as many goals as our captain. He'd be our leader in points. Pavelski is great in the slot. Nobody better than Joe Thornton finding an open man. It's like watching the other teams feed. That's what we get for grabbing an NBCSN guy. Absolutely terrible. Jaffe or Weekes would have been so much better.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
6f1u6x.jpg

And we're out...

giphy.gif

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This teams problem is that they don't get enough games into OT. They lose so many 1 goal games and miss out on valuable extra points because of that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Honestly, I don't think even Jon Cooper is stubborn enough to play Matt Carle again after that.

Hopefully, we make a move for some sort of NHL-level defenseman, even a bad one, at the deadline. Just to make sure we're never in a position where Carle has to see the ice again. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he just played his last game, or at least his last bit of meaningful icetime, for the TBL. That was just too much. It was like watching a 60 year-old man who used to be decent try to play in the NHL.

did i misunderstand or did cooper just call out carle being on wrong side of pucks inexcusable lol and is a guy that has been here a long time
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 1m1 minute ago
Cooper called the go-ahead goal inexcusable mentioned it happens with "guys who have been with us for awhile" don't think Carle played after

Last edited:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
LOL. That was a good one Hoek.

He's awful. I know Brent Burns has nearly as many goals as our captain. He'd be our leader in points. Pavelski is great in the slot. Nobody better than Joe Thornton finding an open man. It's like watching the other teams feed. That's what we get for grabbing an NBCSN guy. Absolutely terrible. Jaffe or Weekes would have been so much better.

Ive been listening to the radio feed due to work and actually prefer it now over watching it due to engblom

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Wow what a frustrating team to watch right now. Just getting owned by these west teams.

They aren't getting owned. They are just showing why they are in the position they are in. Weak all around effort and then show up the last 2 minutes of the game. Team has an ego that needs popped and fast. They aren't in a playoff spot now and maybe that will help

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Aaand there goes the playoff spot again. Looks like Carle played another great game.

Will be interesting to see what Yzerman does at the deadline. This team needs help.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm going to go ahead and say Cooper gets canned. From Stanley Cup Finalists to out of playoffs with an improved roster.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
If we don't make the playoffs this year, I'm going to go ahead and say Cooper gets canned. From Stanley Cup Finalists to out of playoffs with an improved roster.

Is our roster improved though? Palat and Johnson haven't been as great as last year for example. I don't think he's canned but he should be on the hot seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad