GDT: 2/16/16 - 7:30PM EDT - San Jose VS Tampa Bay

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Well, that was that, we started well but then decided to give Carle way more ice time than he deserves.

*sigh* and I get that it had everything to do with him playing his 700th game but he never should have reached that number when we need points.

I said it at the end of the first period, Carle had 6:30 of ice time. I knew that portended bad things to come.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If we miss the playoffs we'll be the laughing stock of the NHL, same as the Kings were last year only they missed it after winning the stanley cup, we just came close and had nothing to show for it and it would be even worse for us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Code:
The refs gave San Jose this game. We outplayed them. Simple as that. Sigh....

No no no dude don't go there. The refs weren't fantastic but we could have won it without their help. We had a good first 10 minutes and just faltered from there. Bishop was bad, Sustr and Carle were far worse.

Yzerman it's time to get off your ass and actually DO SOMETHING for once this year. This team needs help NOW and your passive aggressive, "I'll wait until it's right" bull now has our backs to the wall making us look desperate in the midst of a playoff push we are quickly finding ourselves falling out of.

Put this in perspective folks.... Since July 1st, 2015 all we have to show for the GM of the year is signing Erik Condra.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This game might have been a blessing in disguise. Might have been the last straw for Matt Carle. He didn't see a shift after the last mistake (so I don't have to slap Cooper's gum--saves me air fare).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hopefully Carle's benching is the end to that. Go 6 D next game and give that ice time to Koekkoek.

Koekkoek is the future. Let it begin.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Code:

No no no dude don't go there. The refs weren't fantastic but we could have won it without their help. We had a good first 10 minutes and just faltered from there. Bishop was bad, Sustr and Carle were far worse.

Yzerman it's time to get off your ass and actually DO SOMETHING for once this year. This team needs help NOW and your passive aggressive, "I'll wait until it's right" bull now has our backs to the wall making us look desperate in the midst of a playoff push we are quickly finding ourselves falling out of.

Put this in perspective folks.... Since July 1st, 2015 all we have to show for the GM of the year is signing Erik Condra.

Yup, time to pull the trigger right now. Get Drouin moving to upgrade the defense. Banish Carle to Siberia or "loan" him to the KHL, whatever.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
He's gotta be blackmailing someone. There's no way you suck this bad and stay in the lineup. Andreychuk must die a little inside seeing 25 tarnished so bad each night. Each period. Each shift...

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Put Boyle on defense for a couple games, just until we can make a trade to upgrade the D. He'd be far, far better than Carle, and probably Nes-tea too.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
The over playing of Matt Carle.
Other bad things.
It all makes sense now...

Y-JP-HOCKEY-articleLarge.jpg
I'm just going to leave this here again. ;)
Prediction: Carle will play every remaining game. Garrison will be a healthy scratch when healthy. :cry:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly, I don't think even Jon Cooper is stubborn enough to play Matt Carle again after that.

Hopefully, we make a move for some sort of NHL-level defenseman, even a bad one, at the deadline. Just to make sure we're never in a position where Carle has to see the ice again. I wouldn't be all that surprised if he just played his last game, or at least his last bit of meaningful icetime, for the TBL. That was just too much. It was like watching a 60 year-old man who used to be decent try to play in the NHL.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's not going to get any easier too, that's what sucks. Teams are going to fight for their lives to make it and we are just going to fire pucks for 58 minutes aimlessly while Engblom tells us how bad we are, and piddle around for the last 2 trying to tie the game. Tampa hockey. I've never seen a team pull last minute efforts like tampa does on a nightly basis. Lame.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
It's not going to get any easier too, that's what sucks. Teams are going to fight for their lives to make it and we are just going to fire pucks for 58 minutes aimlessly while Engblom tells us how bad we are, and piddle around for the last 2 trying to tie the game. Tampa hockey. I've never seen a team pull last minute efforts like tampa does on a nightly basis. Lame.

Engblom needs to shove it himself. What a horrible replacement. I thought he would come around but he's getting more sick nightly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad