GDT: 2/15/2020 Chicago Blackhawks @ Calgary Flames 9pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Speaking of the tank: If the Hawks lose tonight, the Sharks are only 2 points behind the Hawks. The Hawks would then have the 6th best odds in the draft if the Sharks pass them, and just my opinion, that's about as good as we can hope for. Montreal is currently winning.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Speaking of the tank: If the Hawks lose tonight, the Sharks are only 2 points behind the Hawks. The Hawks would then have the 6th best odds in the draft if the Sharks pass them, and just my opinion, that's about as good as we can hope for. Montreal is currently winning.
This is so similar to the dooming west coast trip last season. Pretty strange how similarly the seasons have gone considering all the changes (upgrades) made in the offseason. Team is definitely underperforming.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
But Kaner is off the hook. Right? He's only lazy when he chooses to be when he doesn't have the puck..... but he's a superstar who's above it all.

And that special treatment has been a big problem with this country club. If JC can't handle it, bring in a disciplinarian and break it up once and for all. Rant over. Carry on.

get back to me when toews gets 100 pts a year

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
get back to me when toews gets 100 pts a year

Actually, my post was anything but about Toews getting points.... but I know what's coming next so don't bother - the same arguments have been going on for years. Just look at their respective +/- .............. oh forgot, a flawed stat.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is so similar to the dooming west coast trip last season. Pretty strange how similarly the seasons have gone considering all the changes (upgrades) made in the offseason. Team is definitely underperforming.

Agreed, and if the schedule in March is any indication, they will likely win their fair share of games. Hawks have a lot of home games next month but they will have to dig deep to get back in the race. I wonder what the odds of making the postseason are now? 25 percent?

So chances are Hawks will have a decent finish to this season just like last year (though last year they fizzled late, as I recall). I gotta hope that the usual folks won't mention "tank" at every opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowch and KWP

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Agreed, and if the schedule in March is any indication, they will likely win their fair share of games. Hawks have a lot of home games next month but they will have to dig deep to get back in the race. I wonder what the odds of making the postseason are now? 25 percent?

So chances are Hawks will have a decent finish to this season just like last year (though last year they fizzled late, as I recall). I gotta hope that the usual folks won't mention "tank" at every opportunity.

21% according to The Athletic’s stat nerds

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Why does Dach keep being punished by having to drag around Strome and Cat?
There is no reason why that line can't be decent offensively. Cat needs to get his confidence back....and if Strome can get him the puck like we saw last season it could turn things around. Dach will just keep getting better I reckon so I can see JC keeping the trio together for a while. Defensively, you just hafta hope they can handle it.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
best case is that the hawks lose vs Calgary and Winnipeg and that will force them to continue the re-tool/build or whatever the heck they are calling it and sell a few assets.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
There is no reason why that line can't be decent offensively. Cat needs to get his confidence back.

No excuse, in 2020 we have the ability to order a Mojo hand on Pinterest:

fc8f23966b82f5e160420af151f7cd13.jpg

You'd think with all that money they'd be able to fend off the Mojo-sucking demons.

Reactions: Krivo25

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Foley in a particularly crabby mood so far tonight. Snarky comments all over the place in the first couple minutes

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Kane’s had quite a few strong backchecks that have broken up scoring chances this year

Reactions: KWP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad