GDT: 2/15/2020 Chicago Blackhawks @ Calgary Flames 9pm Comcast Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
What am I missing with Johnny Gaudreau? For someone named "Johnny Hockey" I'd expect him to be more noticeable when he's on the ice. I don't think the announcers mentioned his name until halfway through the 3rd. The Flames are kinda like Dollar General Maple Leafs--a lot of offense and a lot of WTF plays by their defense, but the players up and down the roster aren't as exciting to watch as the Leafs.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What am I missing with Johnny Gaudreau? For someone named "Johnny Hockey" I'd expect him to be more noticeable when he's on the ice. I don't think the announcers mentioned his name until halfway through the 3rd. The Flames are kinda like Dollar General Maple Leafs--a lot of offense and a lot of WTF plays by their defense, but the players up and down the roster aren't as exciting to watch as the Leafs.

To be fair, last season and the season before he put up a PPG+, and last year he almost had 100 points. BUT....

I don't see it either. Even last year I thought his point totals were flattering. He seems more like a passenger on a good line and not a guy who is driving play and making things happen, especially this year.

Reactions: KWP

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Fun game. Love when we play like this, most goals came from right around the net playing below the goal line.

Really good game from Gus and most of the forwards. Gus is such an asset to have when he plays like this.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Another good game from 4k. He and Maatta have been a VG 3rd pair. OTOH, Boqvist was exposed twice: beaten to the net/manhandled. Not great, but part of the process.

Highmore gets a lot of heat here, but he was good last night.

Great that Cat finally got off the schneid, but JFC he's still fumbling passes he should control.

Beat the Jets!

Reactions: Cowch and KWP

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
To be fair, last season and the season before he put up a PPG+, and last year he almost had 100 points. BUT....

I don't see it either. Even last year I thought his point totals were flattering. He seems more like a passenger on a good line and not a guy who is driving play and making things happen, especially this year.

Gaudreau was routinely getting himself into the deep slot for glorious looks. He could easily have had a multi-point game but yeah, he is having a down year.... almost as bad as Cat's in Chicago.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Gaudreau was routinely getting himself into the deep slot for glorious looks. He could easily have had a multi-point game but yeah, he is having a down year.... almost as bad as Cat's in Chicago.

FWLIW, I thought Gaudreau's skating/speed was outstanding. The other players he was on the ice with seemed like they were skating in mud.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
One of the Hawks much better games except for Strome who seemed to disappear most of the game. Did he even play the full game? Hard to tell he was so invisible. Obviously time to move on from Strome if Bowman can get the right deal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad