GDT: 2/15/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Much better effort tonight boys! Solid win against a tough Western Team. Bish was great tonight. Vasi tomorrow. Also props for Drou for not taking any ****. That kid continues to amaze me.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I'll be here.

I'll be watching, oh yeah. Might be a little tired though..

I am flying down to Florida tomorrow, so will be able to watch the home broadcast on Sun, too bad they are on the west coast this week, my brother-in-law wanted to catch a game. Oh well.

The game starts at 4AM for me so I'll have to miss it...unless I get to bed early, then I might see some of it, we'll see, but I will probably be sleeping right through it but I still hope that they can do without me and beat the Kings as well as the ducks again two days later.

Well we will hold this place down for all the people who aren't here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty solid game, really. We beat another western team that's "supposed" to beat us, because they play in the west and all, on the road.

More workman-like than a lot of our wins. Even when we were getting pinned in our zone, there weren't a lot of major breakdowns going on. Good effort.

We had that 2nd period, although we scored, we got pinned down, but came out in the 3rd and dominated.

Not sure how we do tomorrow, but a little payback might be good, and then there is Anaheim. A good start so far.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Yes, he sure was. I'd generally prefer to have Barbs in the line-up over him. Thoughts?

Sustr was fine tonight. And he is light years better than Barberio now and potential wise.

He is still learning the pro game and learning how and when to use his reach and his positioning.

Big win tonight. Pretty solid game from everyone on the roster tonight. Need to bring it again tomorrow and Vasy needs to be good for us to have a chance.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
Sustr was fine tonight. And he is light years better than Barberio now and potential wise.

He is still learning the pro game and learning how and when to use his reach and his positioning.

Big win tonight. Pretty solid game from everyone on the roster tonight. Need to bring it again tomorrow and Vasy needs to be good for us to have a chance.

The NHL isn't a development league & I don't see how Sustr has more potential than Barberio. Barbs literally does everything better than him. If he wasn't a righty he wouldn't be in the lineup.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The NHL isn't a development league & I don't see how Sustr has more potential than Barberio. Barbs literally does everything better than him. If he wasn't a righty he wouldn't be in the lineup.

I agree with this, Barberio is better at turnovers, making poor decisions, being out of position, being soft in the D zone and being a dumpster fire.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
I agree with this, Barberio is better at turnovers, making poor decisions, being out of position, being soft in the D zone and being a dumpster fire.

Lol great post! He's not your golden boy Brian Lee that's for sure!!!!

I mean it's not like Barberio shoots,skates and passes better than him or won the Eddie shore award basically better at the hockey.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Both Sustr and Barbs are over their heads when they're in the top-4, usually.

Sustr's probably going to be an okay third pairing guy. The only thing I take issue with is the idea that he's someday going to be a good top-4 guy with maybe even top pairing upside. I don't see much potential, no real raw skills to build on. He's going to get less clumsy, but I don't see him magically gaining the ability to shoot, pass, or skate at an above average level. To say nothing of his utter lack of a physical game. Right now he's a clumsy warm body who I think we can hope will someday become a warm body. With a good reach.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I didnt get to listen to any of the game tonight (For some reason I couldnt get it on the radio in Port Richy) but it sounded like we did what we do best, score a ton. Its just amazing how many goals are being put up by so many different players. Callys well on track to get 20 soon, Paquette, Palat and Killer could all hit 15 soon at this rate, Stamkos got the big 30.

I really need to see this team win a game 1-0 before I will be satisfied, but I guess theres nothing wrong with scoring 5 goals either haha.

Hopefully Bishop is back, because we need him to get into form. This is as good a start as any for him.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden

Um...light years better? No..Barbs is the better plsyer now and also has möte potential

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lol great post! He's not your golden boy Brian Lee that's for sure!!!!

I mean it's not like Barberio shoots,skates and passes better than him or won the Eddie shore award basically better at the hockey.

Didn't realize they gave out the Eddie Shore in the NHL. For someone better at the hockey you'd think he would've improved from when he won that award. It's too bad the NHL isn't a development league because Barberio has only stagnated since he got here.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

And if Barberio wasnt waiver eligible he would be in Syracuse. Sustr does everything better than Barberio except skating and Sustr isnt a terrible skater. Barberio is an "offensive defenseman". Although the term when applied to him is more leaning towards the insulting and terrible offensive rather than the puts up points offensive. He has 4 points. 4. Four. For a guy whos strong suit is supposed to be offense... which is supposed to make up for his umm defensive skills..... he sure isnt doing much.

Um...light years better? No..Barbs is the better plsyer now and also has möte potential

Completely incorrect. See above.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Didn't have a chance to catch the game, how was it? I noticed Hedman was selected as the star of the night on nhl.com without any points and 22min TOI - was he good or just NHL being weird as usual?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad