GDT: 2/11/13 - "Southleast Reunion" Florida Panthers@Washington Capitals 7PM, FS-F/CSN-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Overall, can't complain about tonight's overall performance.

PP needs some major work though.

1 for 6 is bad.

I thought Gilbert had a "good" game.

The 17-27-19 line was on point. Glad Winny got a goal tn.

Think for next game Versteeg should stay benched and Bergenheim should play over Barch.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Another loss. You can't say we played good because we barely tied it up. And Clemmenson sucks ass in shootouts, as does markstrom. Good Lord.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Accidents like that are pretty much impossible to stop if it slides through a hole in coverage. The goalie reacts to what the shooter is doing or is planning on doing. He can't anticipate the puck accidently sliding off the stick.

Either way you knew we had no chance going into that...Clemms goaltending contains 0 technique

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
ibc6XlSIEM8CNY.gif

Wsj1994

Jan 8, 2013
Caps fan here:

I thought florida played a pretty good game overall. The top 6 guys are very talented and should be good in the future if you can hang onto them for a decent price. The rest of the forward group is probably lacking a bit and not helping the team from my view.
Defense is okay...Outside of the top pairing I didn't see much to be particularly happy or sad about.

Florida completely outplayed Washington in the first and if they capitalized on their opportunities the score could have been a lot different.

Neuvirth played a good game and Clemmensen didn't. Probably the difference in the game there.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Caps fan here:

I thought florida played a pretty good game overall. The top 6 guys are very talented and should be good in the future if you can hang onto them for a decent price. The rest of the forward group is probably lacking a bit and not helping the team from my view.
Defense is okay...Outside of the top pairing I didn't see much to be particularly happy or sad about.

Florida completely outplayed Washington in the first and if they capitalized on their opportunities the score could have been a lot different.

Neuvirth played a good game and Clemmensen didn't. Probably the difference in the game there.

That's about as good a game as Scott Clemmensen can play, because he's terrible.

But yeah, if we have a better goalie in net we win that game.

why can't they play that hard every game?

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
As someone who's been to every Florida game in DC the last 6 or 7 years amid a sea of Caps fans, I can at least be happy they weren't blown out this time.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Even though we only got a point out of this game, this was the first game since the Pens win that I can say that just about everyone on the team played like they wanted to win. They played with heart, effort, enthusiasm, and determination for one another. It was great to finally see and entertaining to watch.

I think I have a new mancrush on Jesse Winchester. The guy may not be the most talented player in the league, but he is a perfect example of what kind of effort every player on this team needs. What a great pickup by Tallon. Keep Versteeg benched. Maybe when he comes back, he'll go back to giving a damn. I appreciate Barch's effort to get some momentum, but I don't want Bergy out for too long. Upshall and Flash had pretty nice games as well.

Besides Clemmensen's dreadful shutout performance, I think he played pretty well. If Thomas isn't ready to go on Tuesday, I'm actually thinking of Dineen starting him over Markstrom who's confidence is completely shot. Absolutely no reason to lose to Edmonton. I really hope this is a sign of things to come. I'm actually decently proud of our boys tonight for a chance.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Wasn't Barch in the lineup in the Pens win?

I like his game, he stirs it up, hits, can join the rush...it's stupid not to play him. This team is so soft and we sit the one energy guy we have. Other than Guds, but he still needs to work on his defensive game.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
They often play hard, but they are not talented enough.

the determination tonight was heads and shoulders above what it has been lately. several players diving in front of shots, taking hit to make plays, throwing hits, and even Goc fighting.

they don't play like that every night - not even close. if they did, they wouldn't be 3-8-3. we were the better team tonight...we usually aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad