GDT: 2/11/13 - "Southleast Reunion" Florida Panthers@Washington Capitals 7PM, FS-F/CSN-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

panthers20.jpg

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

verizon-center.jpg

TV
FS-Florida, CSN-DC

Possible Lineups
Florida
Tomas Fleischmann – Aleksandr Barkov – Kris Versteeg
Jonathan Huberdeau – Nick Bjugstad – Brad Boyes
Shawn Matthias – Marcel Goc – Tomas Kopecky
Sean Bergenheim – Scott Gomez – Jesse Winchester

Brian Campbell – Dmitry Kulikov
Tom Gilbert – Mike Weaver
Erik Gudbranson – Matt Gilroy

Jacob Markstrom / Scott Clemmenson

Washington
Martin Erat – Nicklas Backstrom – Eric Fehr
Brooks Laich – Marcus Johansson – Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera – Mikhail Grabovski – Joel Ward
Aaron Volpatti – Michael Latta – Tom Wilson

Karl Alzner – John Carlson
Nate Schmidt – Mike Green
Alexander Urbom – Steve Oleksy

Michal Neuvirth / Braden Holtby

Scratches/Injured

Florida
Tim Thomas
Steve Pinizzoto
Ed Jovanovski
Krys Barch

Washington
Alexander Ovechkin
Dmitry Orlov
Jay Beagle
Jack Hillen

RECORDS
Florida – 3-8-2 / Washington – 6-7-0

LAST GAME

Panthers
[nhl]2013020195-X-h[/nhl]

Capitals
[NHL]2013020191-X-h[/nhl]

LAST SEASON
The Panthers continued the trend of having a horrible record vs Caps in this current decade, not improving on the total of 5 wins in 22 games, losing the season series 0-3-1.

[nhl]2012020566-X-h[/nhl]

[nhl]2012020343-X-h[/nhl]

[NHL]2012020182-X-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2012020162-X-h[/NHL]

GO PANTHERS

(Posting this early and its kinda rushed, sorry :()
*LETS GO CAPS ;)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Nice GDT bud. Serious question, what are the chances we see Clemmer tonight? I don't feel like he can be worse than Markstrom at this point, and maybe the night off could clear his head. (also, the Caps lit up Mason, who's been having a really good year, and I'd rather see Clemmer get lit up than Markie)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hope to see Clemmer. Win if Clemmer in net. You just know it

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Once again all I want is a solid 60 minute effort from the team. Not just trying for a few shifts, but for the entire game!

Is that too much to ask for :sarcasm:?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i thought the poll only had capitals as winner, now i see panthers too

so no need to vote in this ridicilous poll

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I actually scratched Hubs in one of my deeper fantasy leagues tonight in favor of Chris freaking Higgins.

That's how little faith I have in this "offence".

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I flip around and see other scores 3-4, 5-4, 6-3. Then I put on Hurricanes vs Lightning and see Victor Hedman score by shooting wide intentionally, bank it off end-boards, off the goaltender and into the net.

And I'm sitting there thinking how are we so offensively challenged..

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I flip around and see other scores 3-4, 5-4, 6-3. Then I put on Hurricanes vs Lightning and see Victor Hedman score by shooting wide intentionally, bank it off end-boards, off the goaltender and into the net.

And I'm sitting there thinking how are we so offensively challenged..

Shooting wide is not the problem of this D, that's for sure.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I keep barking on this subject but I really hope they start planting someone in front of the net to create traffic.

Watching what other teams do, they usually have 2 forwards along the boards, with another one planting himself near the goal. When the puck gets swung back to the defenders along the blue line for a shot, the forward in front of the net is there to block the goalies vision or redirect the puck/create rebound chances, etc.

The way I see us doing it is with 3 forwards along the boards cycling the puck, when it goes back to the defenders for a shot, there is no traffic in front (our forwards are just skating towards the net once the puck is shot, as opposed to be planted there already). IMO, we need to trade some of our perimeter players for power forwards willing to stand in front of the net on a consistent basis. Unless the offensive strategy used by this coaching staff call for no forwards in front of the net, which would be puzzling.

I am watching the game tonight hoping for the Panthers to have some sort of positive reaction after last night's sluggish effort. Go Panthers.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I've heard Ovechkin still is out tonight. Does it really matter though? They still put up seven goals on the Flyers last night and are 17-4-1 against us since '09-'10. I didn't watch last night's game. Just saw the highlights this morning and I have no idea how we have a single chance at winning this game.

I have no idea even in what direction management can do with this team anymore. Whether it's a trade, coach shakeup, or what, it should have happened weeks ago. I don't know what they're waiting for or they might just accept to finish dead last in the NHL again.

Like the rest of you, when you expect a loss every game, I don't look forward to watching our games anymore and as a SSO, it really is painful to mentally force yourself to go to the arena since you paid for the tickets. Good for Dineen by calling out most of the team as not playing with any effort, but as I said, this is long overdue. It may already be too late.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I've heard Ovechkin still is out tonight. Does it really matter though? They still put up seven goals on the Flyers last night and are 17-4-1 against us since '09-'10. I didn't watch last night's game. Just saw the highlights this morning and I have no idea how we have a single chance at winning this game.

I have no idea even in what direction management can do with this team anymore. Whether it's a trade, coach shakeup, or what, it should have happened weeks ago. I don't know what they're waiting for or they might just accept to finish dead last in the NHL again.

Like the rest of you, when you expect a loss every game, I don't look forward to watching our games anymore and as a SSO, it really is painful to mentally force yourself to go to the arena since you paid for the tickets. Good for Dineen by calling out most of the team as not playing with any effort, but as I said, this is long overdue. It may already be too late.
Weeks ago? We are 4 weeks into he season... Don't agree with your assesment that it may be too late... did you want to make all these changes 2 weeks into the season?

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I'm anticipating a Panthers win. It's just what the do. Remain mediocre enough so that management doesn't make any significant changes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To be honest, I'm 10 times more excited to watch the Canucks retire Bure's number than watch this game, and considering we're only 13 games in, that's pretty sad. Clemmer confirmed btw.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I keep barking on this subject but I really hope they start planting someone in front of the net to create traffic.

Watching what other teams do, they usually have 2 forwards along the boards, with another one planting himself near the goal. When the puck gets swung back to the defenders along the blue line for a shot, the forward in front of the net is there to block the goalies vision or redirect the puck/create rebound chances, etc.

The way I see us doing it is with 3 forwards along the boards cycling the puck, when it goes back to the defenders for a shot, there is no traffic in front (our forwards are just skating towards the net once the puck is shot, as opposed to be planted there already). IMO, we need to trade some of our perimeter players for power forwards willing to stand in front of the net on a consistent basis. Unless the offensive strategy used by this coaching staff call for no forwards in front of the net, which would be puzzling.

I am watching the game tonight hoping for the Panthers to have some sort of positive reaction after last night's sluggish effort. Go Panthers.
The problem is the defensemen wait for there to be no Panthers in front of the net to take a shot. When there's Panthers in front of the net and the defensemen have room to shoot, they look for the pass. Not all the defensemen, but most of them (most of the forwards do that as well).
They do the opposite of what they should be doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad