GDT: 2/11/13 - "Southleast Reunion" Florida Panthers@Washington Capitals 7PM, FS-F/CSN-DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The evidence is right in front of us. Washington worked about 1/4 as hard as we did yet came out with the win. We just don't have the talent to compete night in and night out. Teams can take nights off against us, and their goaltender will be able to stone us because of a lack of offensive talent, and our goaltending and defense will eventually screw something up and let us lose.

Clemmer was awful in the SO but that was expected. Barkov's move was something else. My goodness that kid has skills.

It was nice to see a solid effort. They didn't stop trying and it actually showed. Unfortunately for us, our best effort is rarely good enough to get the victory.

This current roster will never be above .500. Tonight was the first real night where I felt Dineen can't be blamed. The team is playing relatively well on a whole, not nearly as bad as we were earlier in the year, but when our defense fumbles pucks constantly, goaltending doesn't make any key saves (although Clem was a LOT more solid than Marky in net....sad, I know), well, we won't win many, if any, games at all.

The talent is seriously lacking here guys. I really can't see how anyone thinks this current roster is more talented than 2011-12 just because we have Hubs and Barkov. I would take Sammy over Boyes, Garrison over Gilbert and Weiss over Gomez any day.

Not to mention a much more stable and effective Theodore in net.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The evidence is right in front of us. Washington worked about 1/4 as hard as we did yet came out with the win. We just don't have the talent to compete night in and night out. Teams can take nights off against us, and their goaltender will be able to stone us because of a lack of offensive talent, and our goaltending and defense will eventually screw something up and let us lose.

Clemmer was awful in the SO but that was expected. Barkov's move was something else. My goodness that kid has skills.

It was nice to see a solid effort. They didn't stop trying and it actually showed. Unfortunately for us, our best effort is rarely good enough to get the victory.

This current roster will never be above .500. Tonight was the first real night where I felt Dineen can't be blamed. The team is playing relatively well on a whole, not nearly as bad as we were earlier in the year, but when our defense fumbles pucks constantly, goaltending doesn't make any key saves (although Clem was a LOT more solid than Marky in net....sad, I know), well, we won't win many, if any, games at all.

The talent is seriously lacking here guys. I really can't see how anyone thinks this current roster is more talented than 2011-12 just because we have Hubs and Barkov. I would take Sammy over Boyes, Garrison over Gilbert and Weiss over Gomez any day.

Theodore and Clem both stood on their heads that year

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Theodore and Clem both stood on their heads that year

Sorry you're right. At times Clem was even better than Theo. But that's my point. We had more talent and more guys playing up to their level/exceeding to get us where we are at.

This current roster needs to play out of his mind to be consistently competitive.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
the biggest difference from '11-12 and the last few years is garrison

he was that steady #2 who made campbell ridicilously good, and the other way around ofc, but since then, campbell have played with scrubs.

we need a really good 1st pairing that can play around 25-30 min to have a chance. in '12 we had that, now? campbell+scrub doesn't cut it

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
the biggest difference from '11-12 and the last few years is garrison

he was that steady #2 who made campbell ridicilously good, and the other way around ofc, but since then, campbell have played with scrubs.

we need a really good 1st pairing that can play around 25-30 min to have a chance. in '12 we had that, now? campbell+scrub doesn't cut it

My biggest read too. We bring in guys like Kuba or Gilbert who do fine for a game or 2 but can't handle the Campbell minutes and over extend themselves. I wish Guds could step up and fill that role but he has proven otherwise so far.

I like him with Kuli though, but our 2nd paring suffers badly in production. Gilbert is willing to shoot but Weaver/Gilroy/Guds/Whitney are not set up men.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
:help:

He went 2-4-1 that year...

:help: You're blaming him for the losses that he looked damn good in (all but one)?

If you're going to judge a goalie by wins and losses, you might as well just read the hockey news and regurgitate whatever trash they spew.

Our goalies were all fighting for the 1 spot and most of us wanted Markstrom over everyone.

Yer better than that, dude I still consider my 99.9% agreed with rep, much better.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

I would kill to have Garrison back just from a defensive standpoint alone. I miss that calming feeling I would get when he was on the ice. Other than Weaver this D group gives me ulcers every game.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I would kill to have Garrison back just from a defensive standpoint alone. I miss that calming feeling I would get when he was on the ice. Other than Weaver this D group gives me ulcers every game.

Oh man, he'll never leave Vancouver, but-
Campbell-(Petro,Racine, anyone with an edge really)
Weaver-Garrison
Kulikov-Gudbranson

That would change EVERYTHING.

(OT-Yer beatin my ass in fantasy right now except for my King of NY who's getting some help finally.)

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Was it just me or did anybody else love Barch last night? Those shenanigans are kind of what we needed and I though he brought good energy and really pumped the team up. If he can bring that energy every game I want him apart of this lineup.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

He made the PP so easy. 1. Cycle puck to Campbell. 2. Campbell passes to Garrison. 3. Garrison shots and either takes out a PKer or scores, or gets a rebound for a dirty goal.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Proposal- Versteeg, everyone's left nut, and a million bucks to the Nucks for the return/completion of our number one shutdown pair ever.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Oh man, he'll never leave Vancouver, but-
Campbell-(Petro,Racine, anyone with an edge really)
Weaver-Garrison
Kulikov-Gudbranson

That would change EVERYTHING.

(OT-Yer beatin my ass in fantasy right now except for my King of NY who's getting some help finally.)

:laugh: Sorry bout' that. Yeah I'm losing in goalie stats in all of my leagues this year so I have to make up for it in other ways...

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Was it just me or did anybody else love Barch last night? Those shenanigans are kind of what we needed and I though he brought good energy and really pumped the team up. If he can bring that energy every game I want him apart of this lineup.
Him and Upshall played a goood game, but if you say anything positive about Upshall in these boards it is considered sacrilege!

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i never understood why we brought barch back, but never played him. he's a great energy guy, a banger and an enforcer. what's not to like? the more i watch markstrom, the more i'm afraid he's a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->