GDT: 2/10/19 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Rags up 2-1 over Laffs thru two pds. Be nice if they could hang on. Want to lock up division asap.

It is a weird time. I have to cheer for the Rags even though I hate them because I hate the dead leaves more. Need moar beer.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Am I the only one that thinks Erne should be our 13th forward and not Callahan??
No, I don't agree. Erne is the future and Cally is on his way out (we hope). Not because he doesn't give 100%, he always does, but we have a cap crunch coming and we have to get him off the books. And want to keep giving Erne the reps.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
No, I don't agree. Erne is the future and Cally is on his way out (we hope). Not because he doesn't give 100%, he always does, but we have a cap crunch coming and we have to get him off the books. And want to keep giving Erne the reps.
If Erne is the future then we are headed for the draft lottery

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Does anyone have our goals per game with domingue compared to vasy? Feel like we score way more with him.
We had to score 5 goals regularly to win games when Vasy went down so I'm pretty sure the goals for average is quite a bit higher with Dom in net.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Am I the only one that thinks Erne should be our 13th forward and not Callahan??
I feel like sitting Cally and naming him the 13th forward did him some good. Looked better tonight trying to make the most of this game. Todd Richards talked a little bit about competition earlier this week and it looks like it payed off.

Reactions: Maelmoor

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Nah man. I've been lead to believe there's no available upgrades on Erne for the bottom 6 because he's so elite.

Y'all must be mistaken.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
If Erne is the future then we are headed for the draft lottery
I didn't say he was the whole future. And even if it just as a chip in a future trade, the more NHL experience he has, the better. Certainly not hurting us having him here at $800K.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I didn't say he was the whole future. And even if it just as a chip in a future trade, the more NHL experience he has, the better. Certainly not hurting us having him here at $800K.
Ya but if Callahan is better then him you play him we are trying to win a cup not develop guys here that’s what the crunch are for

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
We got kids in the minors that are better then Erne
The question wasn't about Erne relative to anyone other than Callahan. I say Erne at $800K is more valuable than Cally at $5.7M if we can get rid of him at the TD. The crunch is coming and Pointer has to get paid.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Solid confidence-boosting win. Congrats to Domingue. As for Cally, we're using him the way we should be using him. He's still solid when he's rested, he just doesn't have the legs anymore to be in the lineup every night. I also think Erne and Joseph play better when they're getting the odd night off. And Kuch is back, right on cue. The minute you start to think about worrying about him he reminds you that you don't have to. Good game overall.

Also, I get the contract stuff, but based on the way he's been playing, I think moving Miller before the offseason would be a huge mistake. I get that we probably can't keep him long term, but I don't like the thought of going into the playoffs without him. He's been a beast lately.

Reactions: DaBolts

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Erne was pretty damn good earlier in the season. Might just be a problem with not being used to having to play so much. He is still a much better player than Callahan.
I don't know if he is better, the same or worse in terms of play on the ice, the difference isn't that great however you view it, but in terms of relative value, it is not even close.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
For the love of hockey, could they pleeeeease keep Hedman and Strålman as a pair? The two of them were pure magic together tonight! Just like the good ol' days of 2014-15 and 2015-16. :heart:

Hedman-Strålman - 25 minutes
McDonagh-Cernak - 25 minutes
Coburn-Sergachev-Girardi (with Sergy always playing & the others rotating) - 10 minutes

Simple. :sarcasm:

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Also, I get the contract stuff, but based on the way he's been playing, I think moving Miller before the offseason would be a huge mistake. I get that we probably can't keep him long term, but I don't like the thought of going into the playoffs without him. He's been a beast lately.
Yeah, i've always liked Miller even when he was on the Rangers. He is a solid player.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad