GDT: #2 - 10/14/21 | stars @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Already another year no Kakko or Laf OT, but more Ryan strome! So f***ing exciting. Make stupid decisions, you get what you deserve
Trade strome Drury you asshole.

If we have him here, coaches are going to play him. Trade him, move chytil up, and bring up Barron. Case closed

Reactions: jwelles17

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
At least some positives to take from this one. Night and day difference from last night. Having an actual nhl goaltender making big saves will do that for you too.

we should have won the game khudobin and holt by frankly before him made some ridiculous saves

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We play Montreal on saturday night after they just got a embarrassed by Buffalo. We better put some pucks in the net.

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Wr needed an upgrade over strome all offseason and drury did shit
+1. Some of us have been saying this all summer but many were content to go into the season with the same 3 centers. WE will pay the price. Strome sucks and Zib is too damn inconsistent. How many shots of his has missed the net so far in 2 games.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lmao. Panarin totally jerks off that play and the mob attacks Trouba lol.

Night all. See ya Saturday.
Who was a beast the entire night. And good last night.
I agree, why play him 3v3 when there’s better options. I guess Gallant figures give the ice to the guy that’s playing best that given night? I don’t know.
Shitty loss to give up

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
+1. Some of us have been saying this all summer but many were content to go into the season with the same 3 centers. WE will pay the price. Strome sucks and Zib is too damn inconsistent. How many shots of his has missed the net so far in 2 games.
If our 3 centers were Zibby-Dvorak-Chytil we’d be much better off.

I’d rather see Zibby-Chytil-Barron at this point

strome is done here at years end. Might as well let
Chytil /Barron have more time adjusting to hopefully their permanent roles going fwd

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I can’t stand Strome have wanted him dealt the entire time he’s been here but I’m fairness to him he’ll get better. He’s always dog shit to start the year. Got blown out of Edmonton for it

Reactions: Richard Banger

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

If we have him here, coaches are going to play him. Trade him, move chytil up, and bring up Barron. Case closed
It doesn't have to be this way but I think you're right. Not even gonna mention the pp but you have a kid who's played his ass off (Kakko) and Laf who should get more ice time when more space and time is availabe on the ice.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Call me crazy, but I'd rather even have Gauthier in there over Strome. At least Gauthier could use his size and speed to get to the net and MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE the puck will find its way to the net.

But Kakko and Chytil to be in over Strome. We need to upgrade over Strome.
Lmao no you would not.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It doesn't have to be this way but I think you're right. Not even gonna mention the pp but you have a kid who's played his ass off (Kakko) and Laf who should get more ice time when more space and time is availabe on the ice.

I can write a 4 page thesis as to why getting strome out of here now is so much more advantageous to the team now and in the future, then any reward we’d reap from self renting him the entire year.
I’m sure he’ll get points with panarin as usual eventually, but currently what he’s holding us back from implementing is far more important.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tell u something one thing we didn’t do last year was get any loser points. We’ll need these at the end of the day. This is a game we probably lose 3-2 or 2-1 in regulation last year.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Well
The good
Fox, kakko, kreid, 4th line
The bad
Nils, tru, pan, stro, 3rd line
The ugly
Still convinced laf is not a special player
But we must remember stro and the whole top 6 started off last year slowly too
But still a disappointing start

Deleted member 23124

I said during the off season and training camp that the best course for the Rangers would be to put Chytl in as 2C and see what he can do. If he works out, there's no need to scramble for another pivot. If he doesn't, we're right where we started from.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

This is one of those buyer beware things. Chytil is not going to become a 2C just because he’s getting 2C reps. You can probably kiss the playoffs goodbye this year with Zibanejad-Chytil-XXX down the middle.

Reactions: Thirty One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad