GDT: #2 - 10/11/14 | New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

Zucc gets into one poor fight and suddenly he's on pace to become a goon lirl

AHB*

Because potato prices would probably be a more interesting debate than your love for Miller. Or the fact that you refuse to accept the fact that some people actually liked Zucc's game against the Blues.

But I hope, as a Rangers fan, and a Zucc fan, that he does not continue a career as a goon.

I see you read and really understood my post. Again, I don't love Miller, or even really like him, I do love this team and want what's best for them.

Your love for Zucc and his crap game against the Blues is beyond anything on these boards though, outside of that other guy who dumped his season tickets and hates the Rangers because we traded Cally.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
They weren't brutal or anything, i agree.

Your second point is basically what I was saying. Split them up, let them grow into the role with veterans on their lines. If they are together they have to be the drivers on their line and that is too much to ask of them right now.

Its also entirely possible they have a big game tonight and build momentum. I just think its unfair and setting them up for criticism to put them together with only Stempniak (who i like) as their only veteran guidance on the ice.
well right now our top line is dominant. Now we have to see if the brass line gets going. If they struggle then maybe then move duclair wirbt brass and zucc

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm not sure I keep MZA past this year. We've got to find room for hayes in the top 9 we need more size MSL is going to play a couple more years we have to keep Stepan Hagelin and Staal and Kreider is going to need a huge raise soon I love the little guy but money should be spent elsewhere

AHB*

I'm not sure I keep MZA past this year. We've got to find room for hayes in the top 9 we need more size MSL is going to play a couple more years we have to keep Stepan Hagelin and Staal and Kreider is going to need a huge raise soon I love the little guy but money should be spent elsewhere

You're just trolling Wolfy with this post. :laugh:

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013

I'd rather keep Zucc than Hagelin.

SupersonicMonkey*

Yeah lol, and Oshie was harrassing him as well.

Rangers have to play an opponent, they aren't out there by themselves. Opponents are trying to win. Rangers can't dominate 60 minutes of all 82 games, as if they were alone 5v0.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's kind of surprising AV would put Hayes in Miller's spot at practice if he was just going to slot in Glass for Hayes if Glass could go...

Does that mean that AV just wanted looks at Hayes at center in practice, or if Glass wasn't ready to go today, would Hayes have been 3C and Miller 4LW?

Curious...

SupersonicMonkey*

well right now our top line is dominant. Now we have to see if the brass line gets going. If they struggle then maybe then move duclair wirbt brass and zucc

Eventually the lines will get mixed up anyway, when Stepan comes back. So, i don't think Vigneault should be married to any combination. Also, i don't know if I'd call any line the top line definitively. They could have an ineffective night and the Moore line could have a great game, they'd get increased minutes that night. Any line can be the top line. The luxury of having 4 lines that can play.

SupersonicMonkey*

It's kind of surprising AV would put Hayes in Miller's spot at practice if he was just going to slot in Glass for Hayes if Glass could go...

Does that mean that AV just wanted looks at Hayes at center in practice, or if Glass wasn't ready to go today, would Hayes have been 3C and Miller 4LW?

Curious...

Who knows...but, my guess would be he wanted to get a look at Hayes in the middle and we already know J.T. is versatile and can play all three forward positions.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Eventually the lines will get mixed up anyway, when Stepan comes back. So, i don't think Vigneault should be married to any combination. Also, i don't know if I'd call any line the top line definitively. They could have an ineffective night and the Moore line could have a great game, they'd get increased minutes that night. Any line can be the top line. The luxury of having 4 lines that can play.
point is we won against a tough opponent so there is no need to break everything up unless we look terrible

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I rather keep Hagelin

Kreider Stepan Nash
Duclair Brassard MSL
Hagelin Hayes Miller
Glass Moore Fast

Next year's 12 IMO

AHB*

Curious...

Not really surprising at all. Miller can slot in easier in that position since he has played it multiple times in the NHL. It makes more sense to slot him in on the 4th line since he knows the system better and is more familiar with it.

Hayes has only played center since coming here. He would be far more out of position if he's slotted into the wing on a team he hasn't been on for much longer.

This wasn't a long-term solution, it was yet again, another stop-gap.

AV was asked after practice yesterday if he wants to move JT from the center position and he definitively answered with a no.

Wolfy*

He's actually a great goon. He did level a couple of heavyweights, like Steve Ott the other day, why do they not retaliate?

Because their options suck, no matter the outcome. If a heavyweight beats him up, something he should be able to do with ease, they'll be accused of taking on the smallest guy in the league.

Or if Zucc actually manages to land a haymaker and drops him, he'll be laughed out of the building.

And I think Zucc takes advantage of this ;)

AHB*

He's actually a great goon. He did level a couple of heavyweights, like Steve Ott the other day, why do they not retaliate?

Because their options suck, no matter the outcome. If a heavyweight beats him up, something he should be able to do with ease, they'll be accused of taking on the smallest guy in the league.

Or if Zucc actually manages to land a haymaker and drops him, he'll be laughed out of the building.

And I think Zucc takes advantage of this ;)

Or he could just not fight and stick to doing what he does best and ya know, play offense.

NHL Fanatik*

Curious question:

Last season, Talbot won the Rangers 25pts during his stint, with an OUTSTANDING .941 save %.

How do the Rangers plan on getting those 25pts this season? Not saying they can't, but to think any goaltender will repeat those numbers is bit troubling.

As for the game tonight, Columbus is injury ridden. Shouldn't be a tough game.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why would a team in aspirations of competing for their title let their best forward from last season walk?

AHB*

Curious question:

Last season, Talbot won the Rangers 25pts during his stint, with an OUTSTANDING .941 save %.

How do the Rangers plan on getting those 25pts this season? Not saying they can't, but to think any goaltender will repeat those numbers is bit troubling.

By being a better team and maybe not going 2-10 to start the season or whatever they were.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Because he's 5 4'

And we are stacked on the wing already

And need to make room for Kevin Hayes

Have to pay other people. I won't be happy about it but I think it needs to be done to pay others

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Curious question:

lundqvist.png

NHL Fanatik*

Best goalie in the world AINEC i think. You might be right, just think NY will struggle if they don't get off to a better start than last year, like AHB said.

But that center depth is concerning... And unfortunately, center depth wins cups nowadays.

AHB*

Best goalie in the world AINEC i think. You might be right, just think NY will struggle if they don't get off to a better start than last year, like AHB said.

But that center depth is concerning... And unfortunately, center depth wins cups nowadays.

i

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

I sincerely hope they are able to get off to a better start to the season than they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad