GDT: #2 - 10/11/14 | New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorado*

Always liked AA be interesting to see him get hit open ice with his head down in a Bjs uniform

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
When Nash is not playing on the perimeter, and is fully engaged, Kreider and Nash make a really nasty tandem. I actually agree with putting Miller between them. Nice idea.

I'd agree with this too.... the only caveat would be top line ice time that they would get, but I'm confident Miller can handle it...

you'd have to think it could be dragging Miller down, who isn't the most experienced, by playing with a 19 year old on his LW...

Wolfy*

I mean, I guess.

But I was just so disgusted by Brassard's line I'm dying for a change. That was pathetic from him.

You can blame that on Brassard himself. In game 1 he had speed issues, and was exhausted after a long shift.

Keep in mind that Brass and Zucc wanted Hags on their line, they are buddies. But I'm sure they will get it sorted out once they're all in game mode.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You can blame that on Brassard himself. In game 1 he had speed issues, and was exhausted after a long shift.

Keep in mind that Brass and Zucc wanted Hags on their line, they are buddies. But I'm sure they will get it sorted out once they're all in game mode.

Don't sugarcoat it. Zucc sucked too.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
i agree but i bet tonight they bounce back. Im sorry you cant break up nash and kreider with their chemistry and skill. Even though i want duclair to earn a promotion i wouldnt mind putting him with brass and zucc if they are ineffective again

I'm not interested in breaking up Kreider and Nash at all, actually.

Wolfy*

Well I like some action. Two minors and a fight, so to me he played a great game. Perfect ;)

Seriously, I think we'll see a more skilled version tonight, and I got a feeling he received a lecture from AV.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Man... real tough stretch coming up here without Stepan and Boyle :shakehead

Need a lot of people to step up. I'm excited to see Klein shut a lot of people on this board up with his extended playing time :nod:

LGR

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Don La Greca ‏@DonLagreca 8m8 minutes ago

Talbot will start. Glass will play. Hunwick in for Boyle. #rangers

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

And Hagelin tried to play above himself. What I mean is that, as we saw in the playoffs, when Hagelin is focused and playing within himself, he's a weapon. When he falls prey to what I call the Ryan Callahan syndrome, he tries to be too fancy and loses focus. Get him back with MSL, with Hayes in the middle.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
And Hagelin tried to play above himself. What I mean is that, as we saw in the playoffs, when Hagelin is focused and playing within himself, he's a weapon. When he falls prey to what I call the Ryan Callahan syndrome, he tries to be too fancy and loses focus. Get him back with MSL, with Hayes in the middle.

Gotta say, I agree. And I think it comes from being on a line with his two skilled buddies. Totally natural reaction.

Kreider-Miller-Nash
Duclair-Brassard-MZA
Hags-Hayes-MSL
Glass/Fast-Moore-Stempniak

I'm sure that this won't happen until AV gets more comfortable with Miller, but we've seen chemistry between Miller and Kreider before and the sheer dominance of the wingers on that line (not to mention Nash's superior defensive game) would probably make it work, IMO. Swap Moore in for Miller on key defensive zone draws.

AHB*

I'll stop you there, in his eyes, Zucc can do no wrong, Miller can do no right. No reason to continue arguing.

And if you do, he'll post a few quotes out of context and display them to everyone in a way that backs his point.

Zucc was complete garbage in game 1. I love the guy and have complete faith he'll have a good year if healthy. That being said, that line was trash and he was a part of that trash.

If the best thing Zucc does in a game is fight, then it hasn't been a good game for him.

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
Don La Greca ‏@DonLagreca 8m8 minutes ago

Talbot will start. Glass will play. Hunwick in for Boyle. #rangers

If Glass plays who sits? Miller Fast Stepniak? Cause Miller was awful at center position in the first game. You guys want Marty out at center and replace with Miller? What game where you watching? The St. Louis line dominated the blues!

AHB*

If Glass plays who sits? Miller Fast Stepniak? Cause Miller was awful at center position in the first game. You guys want Marty out at center and replace with Miller? What game where you watching? The St. Louis line dominated the blues!

Miller was not awful. In fact, i thought MSL was worse then he was, especially defensively.

Glass is in, Hayes is sitting. AV said yesterday he was going to go with the same lineup outside of the injury. The top line dominated because Kreider and Nash played like they were possessed.

AV also said Miller is not moving out of the center position.

“I would probably go with the same lineup if everyone is healthy,” Vigneault said. “Quickie blocked a shot an d I didn’t think he was gonna practice today but he did. We’ll see how he responds to practice.”

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Gotta say, I agree. And I think it comes from being on a line with his two skilled buddies. Totally natural reaction.

Kreider-Miller-Nash
Duclair-Brassard-MZA
Hags-Hayes-MSL
Glass/Fast-Moore-Stempniak

I'm sure that this won't happen until AV gets more comfortable with Miller, but we've seen chemistry between Miller and Kreider before and the sheer dominance of the wingers on that line (not to mention Nash's superior defensive game) would probably make it work, IMO. Swap Moore in for Miller on key defensive zone draws.

That would be ideal in my mind. The lineup is balanced with an adherence to chemistry, and seamlessly blending in the youth. I also agree about using Moore in to replace Miller in key defensive situations.

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
Miller was not awful. In fact, i thought MSL was worse then he was, especially defensively.

Glass is in, Hayes is sitting. AV said yesterday he was going to go with the same lineup outside of the injury. The top line dominated because Kreider and Nash played like they were possessed.

AV also said Miller is not moving out of the center position.

Miller was out of position and brutal on faceoffs. I felt Fast and Stepniak bailed him out a lot. I like Miller. I want his to succeed. But gotta call it like I see it. Marty creativity compared to Millers it just not even in the same league. Miller top line minutes would be a disaster!

Wolfy*

Who said Hayes is ready to go?

According to AV, lines will not be changed except the obvious D. He also said Miller will stay in the middle :help:

AHB*

Miller was out of position and brutal on faceoffs. I felt Fast and Stepniak bailed him out a lot. I like Miller. I want his to succeed. But gotta call it like I see it. Marty creativity compared to Millers it just not even in the same league. Miller top line minutes would be a disaster!

You're talking about a Hall of Fame player and a rookie. Of course MSL's vision is better. He has some of the best vision in history. Fact is, he was often out of position because he was playing a new position that he's not used to. Miller was far more often in position.

Calling it like you see it? Ok. Stepan has been brutal on face-offs since he came into the league, should we start benching him too?

That takes time. There's going to be growing pains with rookies and young players. Miller was fine and deserves to start again. I also think pairing him with Hags and Stemps would be far smarter then a 19 year old rookie in Duke who looked way in over his head after the 1st period.

It's literally moronic to pair two rookies together, especially wiht one who's a center.

AHB*

^^^^^^

Your Miller wagon is worse than my Zucc one..

I don't have a Miller wagon. I have an "i love this team wagon and want what's best for them." The fact that I have to preach to people like you who literally don't watch the game, but only watch one player is just annoying and going to stop from here on out. I've had season tickets and loved this team forever, I rarely become attached to players because they come and go, the team doesn't.

I know for a fact, that if the Rangers lost 10-3 but Zucc had a hat trick, you'd be happier then if they won and Zucc had a trash game like on Thursday.

That's not a fan.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Fast was doing that from the bench? Fast played with Moore and Glass.

Wolfy*

I believe a fan can have a favorite player, nothing wrong with that. You may continue admire Miller, who in my opinion sucked, but let's hope he can win a face-off tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad