• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hutton deserves a tonne of credit. Brilliant game.

We probably deserved another goal or two but our lack of finish was very noticeable. We didn't actually make too many mistakes defensively but they managed to capitalize when we did.

Great to see Howden get his first.
Early days but it really doesn't look like CK is going to step up and lead this offense like I hoped he would. Fast look better in his 2 shifts with the top line than CK has in 6 periods. Zucc had a case of the fumbles for most of the night

Reactions: egelband

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
tenor (1).gif
Carter Hutton on us getting a second goal.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Deserved a win, didn’t get one. Probably going to lose a good amount of games like this throughout the season, but that’s the best case scenario if you’re hoping for a shot at Jack Hughes

Reactions: Ola and egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I like how Quinn has the Rangers playing, for the most part. PK needs work. Badly. Offense will come as the new DZ structure gets familiar to the players. Once they get into a groove of zone exits into zone entries, the talent will overtake from there.

Howden looking really good. Lettieri too. Chytil is great. Kids szn.

Screw the refs for that first Sabres goal and not calling Too Much Man.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hutton is the second coming of Jimmy Howard.

We played well at even strength. PK needs some work. Hank had another very strong game.

We just lack that top end offensive guys. I know people think he couldn’t finish but Nash was a guy who would pot a goal in a game like this. This was a game in the past where Nash would finish some of these chances that guys like Vesey can’t.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Three criteria

1.) Did they play hard? Check
2.) Did they do something to make us proud? Check. They kept up the pressure right until the end of the game, despite what could’ve been a defeated feeling as they couldn’t beat Hutton throughout the game.
3.) Did the young players do something good? Howden’s first goal and Chytil looked good. Thought Buchnevich looked good too.

It was another good night.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Also, I think Pionk has been worse than Staal across the 2 games and should sit for ADA tomorrow

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
I thought we played really well. We don’t have top-end skill, but the goals will come around.

They played hard and they were the “better” team. Similar to the Nashville game.

Personally? I am looking forward to the over-dramatic, hyperbole, overreactions after game 2. :popcorn:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Folks, before this game, Hutton had 4 GP against NYR.

In those games: 3 Wins | 1.45 GAA | .953 SV% (106SA/101SV)

He just doesn't like the Rangers, okay?

Reactions: Rangerfans

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If only there was some cosmic accountability of shit luck and misfortune. Two games where we had an expectation of like 2.7 out of 4 points and we end up with 0. Good team, Howden looking hot and ready, Quinn is doing well so far. We'll take the L and tank on.

As with usual NYR tradition, the team can't get a win for Henrik despite a stellar start to the season for the old man. Geogiev is going to face 18 shots tomorrow in Carolina and skate away with a 5-1 win.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad