GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
This is one of them bounce back games..

Where we stand tall at the end with our sticks in the air thanking the crowd..

nyrangers1991

Jan 19, 2013
London
Also, as has been previously mentioned, we got off to a rocky start last season (0-1-2) and then (3-3-3) and I believe we were still top of the east at the 48 game point.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Don't have a good feeling about this one.

I didn't have a good feeling about the first two games. This team went through a big overhaul since last year.
Your first line added a star player. The second line switched your leading goal scorer from last year to the opposite wing. The third line has Boyle and Kreider playing for the first time and a new player on the RW. Finally, the 4th line has two new players. It's going to take time.
I know the season is ONLY 48 games but I confidence they will get this going. There were a few good signs last night.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I didn't have a good feeling about the first two games. This team went through a big overhaul since last year.
Your first line added a star player. The second line switched your leading goal scorer from last year to the opposite wing. The third line has Boyle and Kreider playing for the first time and a new player on the RW. Finally, the 4th line has two new players. It's going to take time.
I know the season is ONLY 48 games but I confidence they will get this going. There were a few good signs last night.
I expect the refs to be better tonight since last night they were pretty awful. Also Boston seemed to have a lot of things go their way like timely bounces the 2nd and 3rd goal. The pens defense and goaltending isnt good so expect more offense

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
I am not going to judge them on their first couple of games after a lock out. I give them a five game pass. I know that in a shortened season ever game is so crucial, but I just can't expect them to play like they did last year right off the bat. 6-2 OTL.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
I expect the refs to be better tonight since last night they were pretty awful. Also Boston seemed to have a lot of things go their way like timely bounces the 2nd and 3rd goal. The pens defense and goaltending isnt good so expect more offense

You realize we're playing the Pens tonight, right? I expect the PP's to be 8-2 in their favor while Malkin and Crosby slash,hook, and slew foot with impunity.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I am not going to judge them on their first couple of games after a lock out. I give them a five game pass. I know that in a shortened season ever game is so crucial, but I just can't expect them to play like they did last year right off the bat. 6-2 OTL.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!
In a 82 game season you cant afford to have some bad stretches. last Year the rangers got off to a slow start and also had a rocky end of the season. In a 48 game season even bad stretch in this conference can cost us a top playoff spot

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Penguins after the first period did not impress me vs Philly. That isn't to say they're not a good team because they most certainly are, but if we play well we can beat them.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The Penguins after the first period did not impress me vs Philly. That isn't to say they're not a good team because they most certainly are, but if we play well we can beat them.
The Pens have two top players but they are weak in other areas like defense and in goal. They are not as tough as Boston is physically and defensively

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Missing the game... cause i'm working a ****ing late shift...

Going to record the game and watch it like its live without having a clue of what happened.

so do you want us to text you the final score as soon as the game ends :sarcasm:

haha just kidding. I know there are some that do this a lot and I would never ruin it for em on purpose. I could never record it and watch it later and act like it was just starting. I don't know if it is lack of will power, but I need to know what is going on in real time if I cant watch it.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
We're gonna do fine...

I just simulated the game in nhl 13 and we won....4-1, don't remember wh scores though...

How do I know we'll do fine ? Cause I simmed the game yesterday and we lost that one too....lol

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
so do you want us to text you the final score as soon as the game ends :sarcasm:

haha just kidding. I know there are some that do this a lot and I would never ruin it for em on purpose. I could never record it and watch it later and act like it was just starting. I don't know if it is lack of will power, but I need to know what is going on in real time if I cant watch it.
I hate watching recorded games, if it wasn't the home opener I would just look at the live scores.

I'm going to try my hardest to call out. MY HARDESTTTTTTTTTTT :rant:

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
In a 82 game season you cant afford to have some bad stretches. last Year the rangers got off to a slow start and also had a rocky end of the season. In a 48 game season even bad stretch in this conference can cost us a top playoff spot

I didn't say they can lose all five games, I'm just saying I'm giving five games before I'm going to get on any particular players a$$.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
People seem to forget that when NJ won their cup in a lockout season, they were 2-6 to start that season. Give it a little time to come together.......

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
i undertrstand that and agree. However the whole team played pretty bad outside of hank

The Pens weren't exactly lighting it up last night, either. I expect a pretty sloppy game, like I said earlier. That and a couple of questionable tripping penalties going the Pens' way.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
People seem to forget that when NJ won their cup in a lockout season, they were 2-6 to start that season. Give it a little time to come together.......
Yes that is true but its not something i would shoot for. I would rather them get off to a good start

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Please switch Kreider with either Cally or Hags..He will give us zero production playing with Boyle..And Asham for Segal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad