GDT: #2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
i like gilroy too but i think having him paired with mdz could be a disaster

mmm...yeah possibly. I know I am in the minority on this but I thought mdz looked pretty good for the most part defensively and offensively last night against the bruins. However, it is hard to tell improvements in individual players games after just one game, that was lost and not well played

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
mmm...yeah possibly. I know I am in the minority on this but I thought mdz looked pretty good for the most part defensively and offensively last night against the bruins. However, it is hard to tell improvements in individual players games after just one game, that was lost and not well played

dz was good but having him cover bickel constantly is gonna hurt us in the long run. i feel eminger can hold his own defensively more than bickel can

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
dz was good but having him cover bickel constantly is gonna hurt us in the long run. i feel eminger can hold his own defensively more than bickel can

o I agree, bickel should not be in tonight, i'm between eminger and Gilroy, but I want to see what Gilroy brings, I think he is faster than eminger, but eminger covers up well on d, so i'm at 50/50 between those two

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I would prefer Eminger, only because we're playing the Penguins. We need someone more defensively responsible back there. Cannot afford Gilroy making some horrid defensive mistake and allowing Crosby or Malkin an open lane.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Get Bickel out of there. Freakin horrendous last night. DZ-Bickel. What a horrible showing by them last night. Let's see what Eminger can do. He played fairly well last year before his shoulder injury.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
My lines for tonight:

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-Eminger

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Get Bickel out of there. Freakin horrendous last night. DZ-Bickel. What a horrible showing by them last night. Let's see what Eminger can do. He played fairly well last year before his shoulder injury.

agreed! btw your name reminded me of something. does anyone know if they still have the hat?

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
My lines for tonight:

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Gaborik-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
MDZ-Eminger

If the line juggling begins, it's more likely that Rupp or Pyatt takes over for HAgelin than Kreider, IMO.

Or I'd imagine if we're trailing in the 3rd, Torts will put Nash-Richards-Gabby together.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If the line juggling begins, it's more likely that Rupp or Pyatt takes over for HAgelin than Kreider, IMO.

Or I'd imagine if we're trailing in the 3rd, Torts will put Nash-Richards-Gabby together.

i liked what i saw from pyatt wouldnt be disappointed with him getting bumped up. but we have see kreider perform with talent i feel like his talent may be wasted if he is stuck with boyle for a hear

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
agreed! btw your name reminded me of something. does anyone know if they still have the hat?

from reporters and such it was just for last season, a spur of the moment from starting the season in Europe. This is a different team and need something different. I am not sure if they have anything else set for this year, but the broadway hat is retired after the 2011-2012 season.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
MDZ had a great night. Why would you lump him in with Bickel? Bickel was atrocious. MDZ was very solid.

I meant the pairing as a whole. Neither of them can cover for the other. As a pairing, they were horrible. At least DZ tried to move the puck out of the D zone though. We're still doing the same bank it off the boards crap as last year.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
people have to stop grouping del zotto in with bickels ****** play. its not his fault that its practically a power play every time his pairing goes on the ice

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's about 600 guys in pro hockey I'd like to see in the lineup over Bickel. Matt Gilroy is not one of them.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I would like Nash-Richards-Callahan and Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Boston came out of the gate hitting on all cylinders plus they had a few friendly bounces it happens. I expect the rangers to be much more physical and crisp tonight

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
So excited about this game. (And there are VERY FEW things that would make me more excited than a NFL playoff weekend). I have a good feeling about today; and either way just happy to be watching hockey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad