DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Nick Schmatlz-20th
Ryan Hartman-30th
Teuvo Teravainen-18th
Kevin Hayes-24th
Mark McNeill-18th
Phillip Danault-26th

In the next 1-3 years who do you envision making the team, I know Hayes May not be a Hawk, it's almost a deathbed in Chicago for these guys, I mean, they got to be a bit annoyed vets like Zus/Versteeg/ were taking a possible spot, granted depth is depth.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I expect TT , Danault and Hartman to join Hawks fulltime in next 3 years

McNeill will get looks probably but it wouldn't surprise me if he is traded in coming years as part of package to improve team

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Agree with BWC's list - though I'll add one more.

It wouldn't surprise me if Schmaltz makes it in 3 years (even if he might not be ready in a perfect world). I don't think they want to let him go the full 4 years at ND... with his brother probably being a St. Louis Blue before then.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I expect Hawks will let him stay at ND 4 years if he wants. They didn't rush Johns or Hayes

Don't expect them to rush kid if he desires to stay at ND

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was under the impression they drafted a NCAA player in the 1st round so he can mature a bit in college, and not in Rockford, so as to not add to the prospect logjam there already.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I was under the impression they drafted a NCAA player in the 1st round so he can mature a bit in college, and not in Rockford, so as to not add to the prospect logjam there already.

My impression as well.

I'd be surprised to not see Schmaltz spend all four years there, unless he begins seriously outclassing everyone in a big way.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I expect TT , Danault and Hartman to join Hawks fulltime in next 3 years

McNeill will get looks probably but it wouldn't surprise me if he is traded in coming years as part of package to improve team

Completely agree... Danault will happen- when Kruger IS NO LONGER AFFORDABLE.
Schmaltz could only jump Danault w/ incredible years(s) at ND... which could happen.
But still - the Hawks will most likely need a cheap replacement for 16 sooner than Schmaltz's coming out year!

Not a McNeill fan.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd be astonished if Teravainen isn't a full time NHLer in the next couple years, if not by the end of this season, I'm expecting Hartman and Danault to crack the roster fulltime in some way in the relatively near future, I still have expectations for McNeill, and it's way too soon to tell with Schmaltz. And Hayes should make it, but with another team.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We're Hawks fans. Anything positive Hayes does with another team is a negative for us. "Hayes just scored to beat the Hawks with 2.2 seconds left in regulation!!! Look how good our prospect pool is!" Yeah, no.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Teravainen will be a Hawk, at the latest, the start of the 2015-16 season.

I could see one of Hartman, McNeill or Danault making the Hawks in 2015-16 too.

I don't think Schmaltz will spend 4 years at College. Don't forget, the Hawks wanted to sign both Johns and Hayes after their Junior seasons. I think Schmaltz will spend 3 years at ND, and sign with the Hawks after his Junior season. I could see him making the Hawks in the season following him leaving College.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Teravainen will be a Hawk, at the latest, the start of the 2015-16 season.

I could see one of Hartman, McNeill or Danault making the Hawks in 2015-16 too.

I don't think Schmaltz will spend 4 years at College. Don't forget, the Hawks wanted to sign both Johns and Hayes after their Junior seasons. I think Schmaltz will spend 3 years at ND, and sign with the Hawks after his Junior season. I could see him making the Hawks in the season following him leaving College.

I agree. I feel he's going to be a three-year college guy and leave and go pro after his junior season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I was not very happy with the blackhawks draft this year. I was much happier last year. If I did it myself I would have taken Ho-sang or Kemp with the 1st pick. Glover with the 62 pick and Anton karrelson with the late 3rd, I think We did not get anymore talent by trading up and really reached with both our late 3rd picks, I think they both might have been there in the 5th round. Getting a 3rd for Bollig was big but I'm not sure we turned those into prospects that look like they could play in the NHL. IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad