1ST ROUND OF PLAYOFF'S (schedule & bracket)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
upload_2021-5-31_21-34-36.gif

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Wow….can’t believe Toronto just melted down. Montreal played exceptional, too.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
So one of my first thoughts is... What does this mean for the Wings pick from Washington again?

Haha. (I'm selfish).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
When the Leafs came back in Game 6 and then lost, I think they were sunk.'
Leafs gotta trade Tavares.

Why? Tavares was out injured the whole series. If Tavares played, Toronto probably moves on. No, they're GOING to trade Marner. They can't move on from Matthews, Nylander is probably their best player right now, and Tavares shouldn't be hit with anywhere near the stain as the rest of these losers. Marner had no excuse to have the series he did. Matthews either, but Marner isn't the centerpiece of the franchise.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Absolutely unreal. I almost feel bad for Leafs fans.

I actually feel bad for the Leafs players. I like Matthews and Marner. And I actually feel a little bit of sympathy for Leafs fans but that will all stop once the Leafs win something, I'm sure.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I don't feel bad for Leafs fans. Does anyone feel bad for Lions fans? Or do they call us stupid for believing and continuing to go back to the well? Same Ol Lions and all that. No, you picked your team and they let you down. I don't feel bad for you. I mean, the only thing I feel bad for them for is losing Tavares in a completely freak accident like they did in Game 1. That sucks and I do feel bad for them on that front. But you were up 3-1 in this series and were by far the better team to that point. I know Carey Price is really damn good, but it's an absolutely collapse on Toronto's part to drop 3 straight especially after they made the big comebacks like they did in G5 and G6 to get it to OT.

Reactions: jkutswings

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why? Tavares was out injured the whole series. If Tavares played, Toronto probably moves on. No, they're GOING to trade Marner. They can't move on from Matthews, Nylander is probably their best player right now, and Tavares shouldn't be hit with anywhere near the stain as the rest of these losers. Marner had no excuse to have the series he did. Matthews either, but Marner isn't the centerpiece of the franchise.

Because Tavares is 30 years old and has 4 more years at $11M.
I hope the Leafs are stupid enough to trade Marner and keep Tavares.

I just don't know if you can get Tavares to waive his NTC after all that Islander bullshit.
But for a team with caproom, Tavares actual salary is dropping. Could be a nice pickup team for a budget team needing a 1C.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Because Tavares is 30 years old and has 4 more years at $11M.
I hope the Leafs are stupid enough to trade Marner and keep Tavares.

I just don't know if you can get Tavares to waive his NTC after all that Islander bullshit.
But for a team with caproom, Tavares actual salary is dropping. Could be a nice pickup team for a budget team needing a 1C.

And Tavares is at worst an equivalent player at a more important position than Mitch Marner. I'd rather keep the 1C and deal the 1W if given the choice. Particularly since you'd get a pretty juicy return for Marner if you dealt him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nylander has been criminally underrated since struggling after that holdout.

Well he was lousy in all their playoff series until this most recent one and he is an incredibly underwhelming player when he doesn't seem to care. Nylander to me is a poor mans Alex Semin. Yeah the talent is there, will they ever really put it together and bring the consistency to their game is the question. I sort of doubt it, big years, big stretches sure, but I would stay the hell away from him as a core piece.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Well he was lousy in all their playoff series until this most recent one and he is an incredibly underwhelming player when he doesn't seem to care. Nylander to me is a poor mans Alex Semin. Yeah the talent is there, will they ever really put it together and bring the consistency to their game is the question. I sort of doubt it, big years, big stretches sure, but I would stay the hell away from him as a core piece.

Nylander has 23points in 32 games for his career.
That's not bad.
I don't watch enough regular season hockey to speak to his game to game consistency.
But playoffs wise, he's been pretty good for Toronto.
Career-wise, he's been pretty consistent, too.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
And Tavares is at worst an equivalent player at a more important position than Mitch Marner. I'd rather keep the 1C and deal the 1W if given the choice. Particularly since you'd get a pretty juicy return for Marner if you dealt him.

Except Tavares is on the wrong side of 30.
Trading Marner to keep Tavares? Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad