1st Place Baby!!

Pricef*

I feel similar to this. I see a lot of that character they keep espousing coming through time and again. Seems like a really tight team of good people from top to bottom. I personally really enjoy that and enjoy watching and cheering for these guys for that reason. I have a lot of faith in MB and I think MT runs the personnel and personalities really well, even if I don't agree with every line change or something I don't freak out, there is more going on than I know and I see a team of good people pulling in the same direction which seems to be leading to success one way or another. Another high finish and hopefully exciting playoff run to come, pray to jeebus Price stays healthy and who knows what can happen. In a 30 team league with a cap that's the best I can hope for at this time while assuming and expecting MB to keep working his ass off to improve the team any way he can.[/QUOTE]

Well said

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Just was on the main boards, looks like pk% has more predictive value than corsi/fenwich/shots for/gf/ga at predicting playoff winners.

Bodes well for us ;)

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
I'll play, have a bit of time today. Last 3 playoff years. Regular season team pk%, predicted: 2012-12/15, 2013-10/15, 2014-11/15. That's %73.33 accuracy...

Try running that again w/ reg season pk%.
x = 33, n = 45, p = 0.733

p-value = 0.00087

If the null hypothesis were true (PK% was no more accurate than guessing over the sample time period), then there is only a 0.0087% probability (about 1-in-1150) that the observed data would have occurred by random chance.

Pricef*

Awesome game vs the Wings!!

Still 1st in the East, 2nd overall!!

1st in faceoff %

1st when scoring 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
I feel similar to this. I see a lot of that character they keep espousing coming through time and again. Seems like a really tight team of good people from top to bottom. I personally really enjoy that and enjoy watching and cheering for these guys for that reason. I have a lot of faith in MB and I think MT runs the personnel and personalities really well, even if I don't agree with every line change or something I don't freak out, there is more going on than I know and I see a team of good people pulling in the same direction which seems to be leading to success one way or another. Another high finish and hopefully exciting playoff run to come, pray to jeebus Price stays healthy and who knows what can happen. In a 30 team league with a cap that's the best I can hope for at this time while assuming and expecting MB to keep working his ass off to improve the team any way he can.

Well said[/QUOTE]

× 2

Pricef*

Still 1st in the East! Amazing considering the roster we have. IMO 3rd would be more realistic but I'll take it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
For me, this season just proves the fact that a tight group can be better than the sum of their parts.

You look at the Habs, they've got a pretty good roster, but obviously some major holes. Still, they always just seem to pull through. The guys are having a blast. This is a really fun team to watch.

You look at the Sharks, they've got a very good roster, and have relatively lesser holes. They collapse quite often, and just straight up suck other times. The team is lost and has no direction. It's not fun to watch.

Basically, I think the Sharks are easily better on paper, but the Habs are easily the better team when it comes to actual results. Two polar opposites in some sense.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Just was on the main boards, looks like pk% has more predictive value than corsi/fenwich/shots for/gf/ga at predicting playoff winners.

Bodes well for us ;)

One of the weirdest stats was in 11/12 when the habs finished 3rd last in the standings but were one of the best, if not the best penalty killing team in the league.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
One of the weirdest stats was in 11/12 when the habs finished 3rd last in the standings but were one of the best, if not the best penalty killing team in the league.

That year was an outlier for us. Of course, main board disagree, but it is what it is.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
That year was an outlier for us. Of course, main board disagree, but it is what it is.

obviously it was. you looked at our GF and GA and we 'should' have been in the top half of the teams in the league but actually finished 3rd last. strange year that one was. can't complain though, galchenyuk is good ;)

Pricef*

1st in the East.
2nd Overall
1st in GA
3rd in the East in Goal Diff
7-1-2 in their last 10
Tied for 1st in FO won.

Not to shabby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad