1st Place Baby!!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
All things being even, I'd rather be able to beat the good teams than the crappy ones when all is said and done.

That being said, we could be the best team in the NHL IF we took even half those loses and split the season series with Buffalo and Edmonton. So yeah.

Go Habs Go!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Don't understand how a team that is so bad for my blood pressure can be 1st, but I'll take it.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Now let's hope we don't lose to Toronto tomorrow. I'd like to beat at least some of the ****tier teams in the league

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I honestly don't care about the standings ... well not really since I just want the Canadiens to make the playoffs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I honestly don't care about the standings ... well not really since I just want the Canadiens to make the playoffs.

It'd help to have home-ice advantage and an easier matchup in the first round though.

I'd rather face Boston instead of Tampa/Detroit.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
It'd help to have home-ice advantage and an easier matchup in the first round though.

I'd rather face Boston instead of Tampa/Detroit.

The thing is that home-ice advantage is an advantage if you can hold serve. You lose the first game and bang, things are turned around.

Look don't get me wrong, I get your point. However, like another poster wrote: you have to face all those great teams at one point.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Now let's hope we don't lose to Toronto tomorrow. I'd like to beat at least some of the ****tier teams in the league

Tank Nation hoping too. Just come out hard with a good forecheck and finish all your checks and you will be fine.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

im almost happy we played like **** against Edmonton because the players know that they cannot do that again and on top of that Carey "mr Saturday night" Price is back to save the day....o and its the laughs...:laugh:

PricePkPatch*

Can someone make our comparative record of vs Playoff/Non playoff teams?

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Can someone make our comparative record of vs Playoff/Non playoff teams?

28 GP against teams currently in playoffs, 26 GP against teams that are not. 18-8-2 vs playoff teams, 17-7-2 vs non-playoff teams, that's .679 against current playoff teams, .692 against non playoff teams. Nearly identical.

record against current bottom four teams in NHL standings (ARI, CAR EDM, BUF) is 3-4-2. That includes 2-0-0 against Carolina.

Source: Arpon Basu's Twitter

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
With the point last night our Habs are FIRST in the East with 3 games in hand!! :handclap::handclap:
Ye, but I don't like the fact that they slid into first place, thanks to the Lightning's defeat by a legitimate powerhouse and a shameful OT loss to the Oilers. Well, we'll have to recognize that Tokarski can hold his own against some of the 29 other NHL teams but not against Edmonton, the lowliest team in the league. The trade that brought him to the Habs was worthwhile but let's hope that Price doesn't tire.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Ye, but I don't like the fact that they slid into first place, thanks to the Lightning's defeat by a legitimate powerhouse and a shameful OT loss to the Oilers. Well, we'll have to recognize that Tokarski can hold his own against some of the 29 other NHL teams but not against Edmonton, the lowliest team in the league. The trade that brought him to the Habs was worthwhile but let's hope that Price doesn't tire.

Habs still have 3 games in hand over Tampa though so it is still well deserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad