1pm Press conf | Dupuis with 2nd Blood Clot; No Hockey for 6 Months

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
The best thing to come out of Crosby's concussion fiasco is that the Pens probably have one of the best, most proactive medical staffs in the NHL.

Glad it was caught early and hopefully, Dupuis responds well to treatment.

Yeah, as horrible and sad this and Maatta's cancer have been, finding these things out as early as they did is maybe the best thing about it.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
ugh. that was hard to watch. dupuis looked so sad and on the verge of tears.

it was interesting to see which teammates were able to make it... from what i saw it was malkin, fleury, letang and crosby. i guess this is the core leadership group

They didn't have practice today and the players only found out about 15 minutes before it was released. I wouldn't read too much into it but it was nice that the leadership group attended (maybe Dupuis had told them a little earlier).

And I was happy that they didn't have to take questions.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've decided right now I'm not saying another thing ever about him being in the top six, warranted or not. I just feel horrible for the guy. I wish I didn't watch that.

I feel badly, but in the end, it's only a sport. If he never plays again, at least he won a cup, had a nice career, made a great living, and got to play sidecar with a HOFer.

I'm just happy it wasn't a disease that would leave his wife and kids without a husband and father. It's still a serious situation, but I feel worlds better than I did a couple of hours ago.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I feel badly, but in the end, it's only a sport. If he never plays again, at least he won a cup, had a nice career, made a great living, and got to play sidecar with a HOFer.

I'm just happy it wasn't a disease that would leave his wife and kids without a husband and father. It's still a serious situation, but I feel worlds better than I did a couple of hours ago.

Yes. Best case scenario would be this not happening it all, worst case is definitely worse - way worse.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This must be crushing. Works his way back from a serious knee surgery (and, apparently a blood clot) at 35, comes back better than ever--against all odds--and then has a pulmonary embolism.

Man. You can see in his face he knows what this diagnosis probably means, too.

The Pens should figure out some way to keep him around the rink if they can. EJ did that with Francis when...I forget what was wrong with him, but EJ thought he was too important to the team dynamic to just disappear for the rest of the season.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This must be crushing. Works his way back from a serious knee surgery (and, apparently a blood clot) at 35, comes back better than ever--against all odds--and then has a pulmonary embolism.

Man. You can see in his face he knows what this diagnosis probably means, too.

The Pens should figure out some way to keep him around the rink if they can. EJ did that with Francis when...I forget what was wrong with him, but EJ thought he was too important to the team dynamic to just disappear for the rest of the season.

HCMJ has done that with the other players so far, I would think he'd encourage Duper to be around the team as well.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh my god. That's bad, but it could have been worse as far as health problems go. There is something so wrong with this team and health, idek what could be done but it's not normal.

I'm getting caught up on the pages, but this is career threatening, right? Damn.

Edit: 2nd clot after one was discovered when his knee happened explains why the surgery was delayed and this is bad. Poor Dupuis, dude should have made a break for it when he had the chance.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn.....all the best to Dupers and his family. Hopefully he recovers well! Get well Super Duper.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well, this sucks. Hope he gets better as that is primary. My mother had a very similar thing 2 years ago (blood clot in the leg that traveled to the lung). She ended up going to the hospital and passed out from respiratory failure as she went through the doors. Literally minutes from death. Obviously this is a serious medical issue and hope all goes well for him and his family.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Penguins should look into the possibility of grafting adamantium onto 27's bones so he can fight better. Can't imagine he'd miss more than a practice and it's not like he could get any slower.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Bah. Poor Dupers. Guy has been/is a good Penguin.

Still pretty sure the new arena is built on an Indian burial ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad