1pm Press conf | Dupuis with 2nd Blood Clot; No Hockey for 6 Months

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Just watched presser and player comments for first time. Talk about seeing real life happening to someone with ******** like Rossi there to ask questions. Super class act is Pascal Dupuis!!! Very hard to watch.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Rossi asked three questions, the first two were basically the exact same question about the future of Dupuis' career - obviously nobody can answer that at this stage. Then he asked if Dupuis was "lucky that you found this early." I mean, duh.

Dupuis holds it together pretty well. It's not that bad.

Thanks.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Obvious jokes about the ridiculous injuries/afflictions aside, hope Dupuis has a good recovery. The guy has been a very useful player since his acquisition as a throw-in, in a trade. Shame this is probably the end of his career.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The press conference is tough to watch, I got choked up myself watching it after the anger from hearing the stupid question about career being over went away. We all joke about Dupuis not being in the top 6 and blah blah blah, but when stuff like this happens, you feel absolutely stupid for saying that about someone that works his ass off every game to the best of his abilities and has carved out a damn solid rebirth of his career with this team.

He's 35yrs old, he's still so young to have an issue like this. Hockey is definitely something that takes a back seat when you have a family, he has 4 little ones that need him around.

It was tough to watch, just repeating myself now, but he talks about the puck to the neck and the knee surgery as things you come back from as a hockey player, I feel like this is it for Pascal and I hope it isn't. He's a big part of this team, whether we like it or want to admit it or not.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Pens website is now listing Dupuis on IR. Presumably LTIR. Nothing unexpected here but thought it was worth a mention.

Get well soon, Duper.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This must be crushing. Works his way back from a serious knee surgery (and, apparently a blood clot) at 35, comes back better than ever--against all odds--and then has a pulmonary embolism.

Man. You can see in his face he knows what this diagnosis probably means, too.

The Pens should figure out some way to keep him around the rink if they can. EJ did that with Francis when...I forget what was wrong with him, but EJ thought he was too important to the team dynamic to just disappear for the rest of the season.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...t-get-new-role-and-title/stories/201411210109

:thumbu:

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
459386506_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad