Value of: 1B level Goalie to Chicago

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well, with Crow maybe not coming back this season due to the Hockey Gods hating the Hawks this season, Chicago is likely in the market for a relatively cheap goalie that can give us a chance to make the playoffs this season. Likely a 1B type of goalie. You know, a goalie that isn't quite starter material, but gets a good 40 games in a season. Preferably one that has a contract expiring at the end of the year.

Hawks have picks and some prospects. Young studs like DeBrincat, Forsling, and Schmaltz are off limits. Please don't turn this thread into another thread about Seabrook. We're not packaging one of our best young players with Seabs for a goalie this year. Just ain't happening.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Markstrom seems to fit what you're looking for. He'll let in a goal within the first 5 minutes of most games in addition to at least one soft goal per game. Other than that, he's alright.

Reactions: biturbo19

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Markstrom seems to fit what you're looking for. He'll let in a goal within the first 5 minutes of most games in addition to at least one soft goal per game. Other than that, he's alright.
Nope.

May I interest you in a gently worn Thomas Greiss, sir/madame?
It's sir. And also nope.
Robin Lehner?
Probably be a good option if the Hawks are for sure without Crow this season. Lehner's cap hit (even with salary retained) likely wouldn't work with the Hawks if Crow were to come off LTIR this season, but if they feel he'll be out for the full season, I wouldn't mind looking into the price of Lehner.

Halak if the Isles get Lehner or someone else.
Like I said with Lehner above, it really depends on how likely it is that Crow stays on LTIR this season, but I like Halak in a "probably wouldn't cost all that much to acquire" sorta way.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Some guys I quickly thought of:

1. Lehtonen
2. Halak
3. Bernier
4. Pavelec
5. Neuvirth
6. Ward

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Lehtonen would make sense, but I like the health insurance on Bishop + I really don’t want to help out Chicago

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Lehner for 2nd round pick 2019+3rd round pick 2018. Simples..
Not bad. A little pricey, but I would be curious to see if he could perform better away from Buffalo. He's also young enough that if Crow looks like his career is over ( :( ), the Hawks could maybe get some sort of long term deal done with Lehner before he hits free agency.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Not bad. A little pricey, but I would be curious to see if he could perform better away from Buffalo. He's also young enough that if Crow looks like his career is over ( :( ), the Hawks could maybe get some sort of long term deal done with Lehner before he hits free agency.
He should be even priceyer. Cost us a late 1st, plays well but not good enough to silence his doubters. Make it worth our while (good d prospect) and he is all yours.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I clearly said 1B. We don't have enough for a 1A.
Yes misspelled, but even for a ONE B goalie, looking for a goalie that can carry team somewhat other than a #1 goalie it's gonna cost a pretty penny, like I said what can the Blackhawks offer????

/Gonna guess CallMeShaft will just look at offers and accept/decline rather em than lay out Chicago's trade bait...which is severely lacking.

Last edited:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Hutch would be a good fit, if Winnipeg doesn't keep him buried out of spite...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad