Prospect Info: #192 D Jeremy Davies

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm always wary of overagers in general, but 7th round, kid's got some talent, going to college so the team can take their time on him, can't really complain. Good luck to him.

And with a Dec b-day he's an older +1 draft year.

But let's say we drafted him last year in the 7th, and he then went out and tied for the team lead in points, and was the leading d-man point producer in the USHL. We'd prob say he had a great +1 year.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
And with a Dec b-day he's an older +1 draft year.

But let's say we drafted him last year in the 7th, and he then went out and tied for the team lead in points, and was the leading d-man point producer in the USHL. We'd prob say he had a great +1 year.

That's a good way to look at it, I agree.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Castron mentioned in a post-draft interview that they almost drafted another "buddy" of McLeod/Bastian but he got snapped up right before our pick. Mississauga D Austin Osmanski went #189 to Buffalo.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Overage defenseman who led the USHL in points. Really no expectations for this pick. I really like it though overall. Take a swing and maybe get lucky.

Devils got lucky alright... Davies has developed into a fantastic talent

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Devils got lucky alright... Davies has developed into a fantastic talent

can you elaborate? honestly, i had written the guy off, but would looove to be proven wrong. his stats this year look good (33 pts in 34 games, +18)

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
can you elaborate? honestly, i had written the guy off, but would looove to be proven wrong. his stats this year look good (33 pts in 34 games, +18)

Davies is a phenomenal skater and smart puck mover... he’s going to be a high end point producing defenseman

With the speed game the Devils have, adding Davies is going to be a treat... he’s the perfect defenseman for the Devils system

Think Shayne Gostisbehere

Reactions: MartyOwns

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Davies is a phenomenal skater and smart puck mover... he’s going to be a high end point producing defenseman

With the speed game the Devils have, adding Davies is going to be a treat... he’s the perfect defenseman for the Devils system

thanks! that would be amazing for a 7th rounder.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He’s also averaging 28 minutes a game this season, all situations

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
is he really ready to make a jump to pros after this season? just never expected that out of a 7th rounder so assumed it would be at least another year

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I could see the comparison in physical size, style and college point production.

But that's a big billing to live up to with Gost.

Have you seen him enough to compare the skating as that is what makes Gost such a dynamic player, thanks.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He caught my eye last year and just flourished this season... I’m a big fan of Dylan Sikura but Davies kept jumping out at me too.

He was very much the engine of that offense this year... he is elite at breaking the puck out with his skating, man a treat to watch

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
is he really ready to make a jump to pros after this season? just never expected that out of a 7th rounder so assumed it would be at least another year

Did not look out of place with team Canada at the Spangler cup

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He's a promising prospect but Let's pump the breaks

College hockey notebook: Unheralded Huskies Jeremy Davies, Ryan Shea backbone blue line

“They’ve elevated their game. They’re now playing 25-28 minutes per game. They have quick recoveries. They can skate 40- or 45-second shifts and by the time they come back to the bench they’re ready to go — and they’re only going to get better.”

“Jeremy’s offensive skills are through the roof, way past anybody in our league.”

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad